Gremsy will be releasing their H6 soon.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the video! I'd act shocked that I missed this - but there has probably been a ton of coverage I've missed.

This does seem perfect for my needs (except for it not being out yet) - and nice to see that they haven't skipped the support on the opposite side from the pitch motor. Regardless of how small a gimbal - support on only one side always makes me suspicious.

econfly

There is very little info out there on the H3 right now. That video was just recently posted. Wish the rep wasn't waving it around the whole time -- would have been nice to see some detail (like roll and yaw quick adjustment levers). There seems to be some sort of band running over the lens mount for extra stability and the usual 1/4 thumb screw for the base of the camera.

Anyway, this is all very interesting. The H6 is more flexible, but if I'm dedicating the gimbal to a multi the H3 solves all of my problems in a lighter package. I was holding off on the promise of CP + the F1 which was much hyped as finally offering a tool-free easy to adjust and perfectly built gimbal to make the CP work as intended. With that option gone, it is great to see a well-made gimbal aimed at compacts with the software and controller operating at the high end of the market.

One thing I noted in the video is the rep said one could carry a "GH4 with a small lens". Yet, with capacity of 3.7 pounds you could carry a GH4 with any lens out there within reason (the GH4 alone with battery and card is only about 20 ounces).

Pumpkinguy

I use my gh4 on the h14 and have had no issues... It's on the light side and needs to be tuned for that but I can go from Dragon to Gh4 in no time.. Just upload the profile on my app.

There should be somewhere on the forum where you can share (if willing) profiles that you have success with.

econfly

Just to recap a bit of this that we know so far:

The H6 can carry 6 pounds and weighs 2.9 pounds in aerial mode.

The H3 can carry 3.7 pounds and weighs 1.9 pounds in aerial mode.

A GH4 with 12mm f/2 Oly lens is 1.5 lbs. The Blackmagic pocket with the same 12mm f/2 Oly lens is 1.1 lbs. The new micro cinema is a couple of ounces lighter yet. The Blackmagic cinema (the bigger, yet still compact option) is about 4 lbs with that same 12mm Oly lens.

The Sony A7s/r is about 1.3 lbs with a 35mm f/2.8 lens.

The Canon 5DIII is about 2.7 lbs with a 24mm f/2.8 lens.

So, the H3 can handle all of these options apart from the larger BMCC. Yet, the H6 is only 1 pound heavier in the air and can carry everything above and then some.

For more reference (and just because the specs are handy), DJI's big octo -- the S1000+ has a payload of about 14 pounds. Drop about 5 lbs for a big battery (or pair) and electronics, and you have around 9 pounds of capacity left over. That can haul the H6 at 2.9 lbs and its max payload of 6 pounds almost exactly. That would be the top end, though all of the camera options I list above would be under the specified max operating weight with the H6 by at least a couple of pounds. Naturally one is not limited to the S1000, but I just mention it here to give some idea of what might work.

Tough call. The H6 offers more and has a full cage. The H3 is lighter by a pound, but may not be as robust (hard to say on paper). Apart from physical dimensions and capacity the H3 and H6 appear to be otherwise comparable (same software, etc., as far as I can tell).

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

I guess my argument is that when pricing is released on the h3 it likely won't be far off the h6. Realistically, how much cheaper can they go? So for say $200 more you get the h6. You get a gimbal that can do all the cameras you mentioned with ease and a couple more. The only downfall that I see is a little bit of extra weight. So you have a 48% hover rather than a 44%. Just making these numbers up for the purpose of my argument.

Good discussion here but as always it leads to more questions than answers.

econfly

I guess my argument is that when pricing is released on the h3 it likely won't be far off the h6. Realistically, how much cheaper can they go? So for say $200 more you get the h6. You get a gimbal that can do all the cameras you mentioned with ease and a couple more. The only downfall that I see is a little bit of extra weight. So you have a 48% hover rather than a 44%. Just making these numbers up for the purpose of my argument.

Good discussion here but as always it leads to more questions than answers.

I may agree with you and get the H6, but only because I've gathered the information to make an informed decision. It's nice to have options.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Well, the facts certainly don't confuse things and actually offer some great perspective. I assumed pumpkin meant what I was thinking (don't mean to speak for you pumpkin) - which is now both seem very good options, and if the extra lb doesn't kill your rig, the h6 may off a bit of room for growth. But then low price and no more gimbal than what I currently need, vs full cage, flexibility for growth etc. Decisions decisions....

econfly

I edited my comment -- came off as a little too prickly, I admit.

I'm leaning toward the H6 right now. One pound is not so much for the added flexibility and I like the construction over the H3. If they get the H3 price close to $1,000 I'll buy both!

Pumpkinguy

I edited my comment -- came off as a little too prickly, I admit.

I'm leaning toward the H6 right now. One pound is not so much for the added flexibility and I like the construction over the H3. If they get the H3 price close to $1,000 I'll buy both!

Buddy, prickly on the internet doesn't phase me. :). Cheers

jfro

Aerial Fun
If some of the new controllers and gimbals that are popping up pan out, I thing the days of $2k,$ 3k, and $4k gimbals are pretty much over for the dslr and down market. A GH4 or similar is all 99.5% of the market needs and I think for flying, nobody needs to budget over $1100 in the coming months. I could be wrong, but if so, it's only in how many months before it happens.

Like all things, code and hardware gets better and the controllers are definitely getting better. We are just starting to see some encoders coming out and if preliminary reports are correct, hold on to your hard earned money.

The footage is there for some of the new stuff. Reliability and ease of setup needs to be verified.

Exciting times....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
our review gimbal is on its way....we'll have the skinny as soon as possible. we'd love to love it but will reserve judgement until we know why we love it!

lol

huypng

Hi everyone !, I'm Huy from GREMSY
the H3 final product will ultilize a full cage for tilt and quick releases for all axis. the H3 which introduced at NAB is not a final one.
Something special in our gimbal is having very high encoder resolution up to 0.005 degree ( I believe this is the highest resolution for normal
gimbal)
and ability to interface with other flight controllers such as DJI via CAN bus to get flight information to correct for horizon drift. GPS alone is not enough information for sure.
Will keep you updated. Stay tuned

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hi everyone !, I'm Huy from GREMSY
the H3 final product will ultilize a full cage for tilt and quick releases for all axis. the H3 which introduced at NAB is not a final one
Our controller will have ability to interface with other flight controllers such as DJI via CAN bus to get flight information to correct for horizon drift.
Will keep you updated. Stay tuned

Wow, is that 2 game changers in 1 day???? :)

Huy: thanks for the update. Is there any chance you have a rough estimate on price at this time?

Also, does the current H6 have the interface feature???

huypng

The H3, H6,H16 shares the same controller and has been reserved CAN bus port . Will have this interface feature soon!

Price for the H3 is very affordable, you can expect its around 1000$+