Gremsy will be releasing their H6 soon.

Pumpkinguy

The little brother to the H14. 6 pound capacity I assume. In the $2000 price range. It will be a front runner for my hex for sure.
Btw, the h14 is available in a multirotor only version now for $3000. I think this company is gonna do well and take some market share away from the bigger guys. Let's just hope they are turning a profit so they can be around for the long haul.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
we've been in touch with them about receiving one for a product review and we'll be receiving one as soon as they're ready. so stay tuned! as I understand it the H14 works really well so the H6 ought to be a great gimbal for the smaller cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

I have a good feeling about their service. They always answer questions on favebook. Specially when I'm up late.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i know that they've been very motivated by the success of the H14 and are confident that the H6 will build on that success.

AAAAAHHHH!!Any more news on this H6?? I was just about to go for a Movi and now I´m head in to the sleepless nights looking for G.H6 reviews!Any more?Bart?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The Gremsy gStabi H14 does look attractive but, like pretty much every handheld brushless gimbal out there, it does not tick all my boxes for helicam use - even though they market the 'Aerial Combo' version.

As far as I am aware the only BG that addresses horizon drift when the gimbal is moved a significant distance at speed - like on a helicopter or MR - is the MōVI 10, because it incorporates GPS tracking ... but it is too expensive.

The only BG that addresses cable clutter by providing camera plate connectors for power, HDMI etc. is the Ronin ... great price but far too heavy.

Unless their published information is lacking, the Gremsy gStabi features neither GPS nor anti-cable clutter solutions.

Even the lowly Zenmuse, which has been around for about three years now, includes - and has always done so - camera plate connectors.

I think this is a big omission and still leaves monitoring with a 360° pan axis as a great big PITB.

Pumpkinguy

This is a comment from Gremsy on facebook.
"this is normal drift for the pan, about 0.5 degree per minute because it doesn't have compass to compensate for , roll and picth has accelerometer to compensate for so less drift"

So I'm assuming if no pan commands are given it will drift 1/2 degree per minute.

How big a problem is this for users in the real world?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Any drift is annoying but drift in the pan axis is the most liveable with. However, Pan drift is another issue altogether. I was referring to the need for flying cables for camera output/control just waiting to wrap themselves around the 360° pan because there appear to be no camera plate connectors at all. If the Gremsy has a spinning initialisation on start-up , like the Zen, the camera power, output and control cables would have to be continually connected and disconnected between power-ups.

A carbon Ronin still looks like the best option - if they will make it.

If the Gremsy has a spinning initialisation on start-up , like the Zen, the camera power, output and control cables would have to be continually connected and disconnected between power-ups.

My H14 moves slowly about 10 degrees on each axis upon startup. When I'm flying it, camera power, gimbal power and video tx are all on the gimbal itself so it can spin 360's all day and never tangle it up.
For handlebar use I have a micro HDMI run thru the tilt axis pass through, zip tied along the roll axis rods and then up to a SmallHD monitor on the handlebar. Never had a reason to spin it 360 while holding it... Although I believe with the small amount of slack I leave it could make at least one rotation before having to unwind.

Pumpkinguy

I am more confused than ever on what gimbal to get. Lol.

I did get this in the mail yesterday :)View attachment 24326

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 586

econfly

They have an H3 coming out this summer that seems to be about perfect for cameras up to GH4 size. The H3 is even lighter/smaller than the H6.

Pumpkinguy

I don't think the h3 will do well. I bet it's 80% of the cost of the h6 and only limits your camera choice further.

I use my gh4 on the h14 and have had no issues... It's on the light side and needs to be tuned for that but I can go from Dragon to Gh4 in no time.. Just upload the profile on my app.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Good grief! How many H's are there??? :).

I saw people mentioning an H10 while back. I didn't even know that was in the product line. They only list H14 and H6 on their site.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It's a whirlwind of change! When can we expect to see the H6 actually ship?

I was just on their site last night and saw no mention of the H3.

I do agree that it seems to not make sense to go any smaller than the H3 specs.

econfly

Here is an H3 video.

It holds up to 3.7 pounds. For reference, a GH4 with a Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8 lens is almost exactly 2 lbs. The GH4 with an Olympus 12mm f/2 prime is 1.5 pounds. The BMPCC and the new Blackmagic micro are lighter than the GH4.

More my needs, this H3 is just about perfect. The H6 would work as well, but is heavier and I have no plans to fly anything bigger than the GH4.

I have been emailing with a Gremsy rep. Here is what they say about the H3:

H3 is expected to release in July. We will show H3's information on our website soon.

Now we will supply you with the basic specifications of H3 for you reference:

• H3 is one of the most intuitive gimbal in the market. Its weight is only 1.87 lbs for EcoFly Version up to 3.7 lbs payload.
  • The H3 also was updated the newest innovation resolution 0.005 degree. The gMotion Controller made by Gremsy based on a 32 bit ARM high speed microprocessor providing fast response and accurate calculation.
  • The H3 is really the best choice for small cameras: GH4, DSLRs, BMPCC, BMCC
  • gPower: 3S - 3100 mAh Li-ion Batteries applying for the H3 can use within 6 - 8 hours.
  • It support Window, Mascosx, iOS, android. Beside, it also support joystick, SBUS, Spektrum.
  • Auto Tuning Feature – one touch gains optimal setting. The Users just need to spend under 5 minutes setting up and balance.

Last edited by a moderator: