GH4 Arial footage

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
That really shouldn't be a surprise since everyone's estimate was around $2000. It sure does have a lot going for it. But it starts getting to the point cameras overlap each other in their features. I'm trying to be ride and not just gadget hungry.

sk8brd

Yup- cam company's just limit things just like apple does. i'm sure they could of did 120fps at 1080 and 120 at 720p would of been easy. i'n the end i think even if your only shooting 1080p this cam is still a decent buy. 1080p that get's down sampled from a 4k sensor usually looks a bit more polished then a 1080p sensor. The canon c300 is a good example of this while not being a 4k cam the sensor is and the 1080 image out of it is pretty nice..not 14k$ nice but nice.

Quinton

TBH after reading more about it, it seems like the perfect all round flying VIDEO camera that you would really need.
Just 10 grams heavier than the GH3

My only BIG concern is will there be enough availability of the SD cards required for it at a reasonable cost.

I was lucky enough to be part of the team that went to Mexico to shoot with the GH4. Bryan brought me along so that we would have two copters, gimbals, batteries...He had a Cinestar 8 and the MOVI for this job. I brought a Tarrot 1000 built as an X8 and a Legacy gimbal from RCTimer. We used both gimbals during the GH4 shoot. In the behind the scenes video, you see my Tarrot flying.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
expect sell-out of rcTimer Legacy gimbals in 3....2.....1.... :)

Ghostrider, have you been a regular user of the GH3? Have any comments on the improvements made to the GH4?

I happen to own a GH1, GH2, and GH3. The GH4 that we used was pre-production, and we did not use it for stills at all, so I can't really comment on it. Focus peaking is handy. One thing that I wasn't crazy about was the micro HDMI plug. Someone will need to produce a flexible cable for it with a 90 degree connector.

The 4K video quality is impressive and the increase in resolution is noticeable. It will be interesting to see how the 1080 content compares to the GH3 and others.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
thats fine. I didnt expect it to do that in 4k. Was more hoping there would be a 1080 or 720 240 mode. Oh well, maybe someone will hack it and open up those supposed 240/480 sensor abilities.

Quinton

thats fine. I didnt expect it to do that in 4k. Was more hoping there would be a 1080 or 720 240 mode. Oh well, maybe someone will hack it and open up those supposed 240/480 sensor abilities.
My only worry with it is the SD Cards, will they be readily available to even shoot this stuff.
Also hopefully they will add 100fps for shooting 25 fps in a future FW update.
Would be great if someone could put together a camera this small that records directly onto SSD, would make much more sense.

Debian Dog

Old Heli Guy

Attachments

• blackmagic-production-camera-4k-imperial.jpg
    blackmagic-production-camera-4k-imperial.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

I mean in the size of a BMPCC or a GH4, SSD are not that large, are can take much faster speeds than SD cards.
Who knows, maybe BMPCC will do it to try and compete with the GH4, You can remove 80% of the other stuff like LCD etc, just make it light.