F550, NAZA V2 and Aurora 9 transmitter (NOOB question)

bonro001

Hello all,

First, thank you all for all the great reading here, and the videos!

Have read and to the best of my ability followed all the advice.

But (always a but it seems), after the NAZA is initialized (2 green or 2 yellow flashes depending on the mode), I pull the sticks down to the center, release and raise the throttle expecting to experience the joy of the motors starting (they work when I test direction), but nothing. It continues to be my large flashing paperweight.

Has anyone been here and have a way out?

Thanks,

Rob

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Left stick pull down and to the left, right stick down and to the right at the same time.... try that.

bonro001

Thanks, went through all of the CSC commands in the NAZA document, then raised the throttle to 70% or so and waited 5 seconds. Nothing . . . Have also calibrated, reset the sticks to center (looking good on the BTU app), and calibrated the compass.

Spent a few weeks waiting for DJI to call back also, their message box is full at this point so not holding out on that one.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I know very little about your radio, but I know with futaba you have to reverse the throttle channel, maybe your radio needs the same done to it?

bonro001

I have the Aurora 9 from Hitec, I think the same model you config in your online video. Followed it step by step, the mode toggle works great. Tried the throttle flip, no joy. Also tried flipping all of the other channels just in case, no joy either.

Feel like I am so close, just looking for the 'Ready to fly' button somewhere.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Not really knowing the radio it would be difficult for me to assist much further then this, but I would like to know if when you're in the assistant and you move your sticks, do the movements in the assistant confirm the correct movements on the correct channel? is there any error code at the bottom of the assistant? what setting are you using on the radio... I.E. PPM, Traditional, D-Bus/S-Bus?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Also, take some pictures of the F/C and show us the connections. I have seen where some have mounted one plug upside down on the naza.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Are you pulling down on both sticks at the same time? I thought in the video you just put the throttle up and that was it... both sticks down at the same time and both to the left or what ever sequence you wish.

I have never used the IOS app, always used the computer to do the setup.. something is not right apparently. The assistant is seeing the commands but not responding to them.... kinda weird, kinda weird. The only other thing could be trim, are your trims all at center or zero?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
This is how I start mine, left thumb down and left, right thumb down and left at the same time, hold for a few seconds for motor start (normally instant), when motors start you will have to increase to over 50% or the motors will shut off again, if you do nothing within 3-5 seconds, then they shut down.

bonro001

Will film again with the computer version. The system stopped responding when I unhooked the BTU adapter, makes sense.

I do pull down, and tried the other comment, pulling them down for 3 seconds, pulling together for 3 seconds, nada. I do notice that the light on my radio turns red, curious if when yours is connected is it red also? Will check the trim . . .

And, again, thank you for looking at this with me!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
As I said, I do not have that radio. My Radio is a Futaba and has a different setup, maybe the manual will explain why it is turning red on you... seems a bit weird.

banga

add my skype lula_sb and i will try to help u since i have that radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonro001

So thank you to all, expecially banga. He skype'd me this AM, walked me through the setup (we created a new model and started from scratch, setup the failsafe, and for the first time, I have motors spinning!!! Hope this nice weather holds for a few days so I can get the drone in the air.

Happy to pass the knowledge for the next guy who is stuck. I am starting to understand that aside from having cool equipment, the joy in this hobby is the people!

Rob