Futaba 14 SG + F450 NAZA V2 ...grrrrrrrr!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Just love it when idiots post "RTFM", Just hope one day you're not asking for help... This is a forum, a community of helpers! get on the bandwagon or get off, all there is to it.

Totuccio

so I am coming from a test ...
bad news ,,,, the futaba works perfect , but it has the same problem I had with my Graupner mx 16 , the Futaba has problem with the DJI DATALINK 2.4 , after not ever 250 m the futaba says that the signal strength is low ..... the same problem I had on the MX 16 ,,,,,,all this work for nothing ,,,,****

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Why would you use a datalink on the same frequency as your radio? You either need to move your radio frequency or your datalink, you should NEVER have two items on the same frequency. What you might want to do, is backpack a ezuhf system on your TX and change out your RX for an ezuhf 8 channel, no more interference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Totuccio

Why would you use a datalink on the same frequency as you radio? You either need to move your radio frequency or your datalink, you should NEVER have two items on the same frequency. What you might want to do, is backpack a ezuhf system on your TX and change out your RX for an ezuhf 8 channel, no more interference.

bu how ?

in the datalink I canno change the frequeny , and how can I just the frequency on the futaba ?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Some futabas have the ability to snap on a new module on the back, allowing for different frequency and such, but in your case, maybe you should have bought the 900 mHz datalink.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Just to sum some things up, you can get the datalink in 2.4 as you know and the 900 mHz link. Most common RC radio now use 2.4 gHz which is over saturated due to the licensing for that frequency. WiFi, BlueTooth, Cordless phone, baby monitors and the list goes on, all of these use the 2.4 gHz band, one of which I no longer use and have moved over to the lower frequency of 433 mHz, better range, less traffic and more stable.

Up to you how you want to proceed in a fix, but for $300 ish you could go to the EZUHF system, I know the radio you have is a very nice piece of kit and so the only thing you could do is, sell it and buy the 900 mHz Datalink.

Using 2.4 radio in close proximity is not a good thing, your lucky your radio did not fail and trash your rig! Most people that put some effort and cash into a rig will fly on one frequency, VTX on another frequency and downlink on another. As of now and I mean "as of now" I fly Futaba with a backpack on 433 mHz and VTX on 5.8 gHz, this cuts down on interference from overlapping frequencies or noise.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I sure can, the unit is mounted to the back of your radio and plugs into the training port, it can get the power from your radio or you can put a 3s battery in your pocket, it increases your range of up to and I have seen around 6 miles or more.... depending on ground station, environment and so on...

The rx is a diplex receiver with 8 channels, both of which are 433 mHz which is selectable in the software... not sure if you know whom "Trappy" is, but he uses the same setup on his long range flights... I am using the PRO version of which is tweaked a little and has some better antennas than what you would get with a standard EZUHF system..

Here is some prices and more information, bear in mind these are the standard units, not tweaked and standard antennas..

http://www.immersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=6&fpv_product_name=EzUHF%20Long-Range%20RC%20TX is the TX unit. $209.00
http://www.immersionrc.com/product-..._name=EzUHF Long-Range RC RX - 8 CH Diversity is the RX unit. $124.00

Little bit more then I thought, but I can get you the PRO pack which retails at around $383.79 As I said, probably cheaper for you to sell the Datalink you have and buy the other one..

Totuccio

where can i buy that ?

The rx is a diplex receiver with 8 channels, both of which are 433 mHz which is selectable in the software... not sure if you know whom "Trappy" is, but he uses the same setup on his long range flights... I am using the PRO version of which is tweaked a little and has some better antennas than what you would get with a standard EZUHF system..

Totuccio

http://wwwusw mersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=8&fpv_product_name=EzUHF%20Long-Range%20RC%20RX%20-%208%20CH%20Diversity

How can i use with the naza v2 '''does it workd?

Mojave

This thread has helped me also; I am configuring a Fold-N-Fly on the 14SG. I have figured out that my Futaba Rx or Naza-M does not have a working s-bus (most of the day Saturday!); it has been very frustrating. This is the first time I have done this - so it could be operator error. I have figured that I have a workaround by applying all the wires from the Naza-M to the R7008SB (no gimbal). I am following this video to set up my radio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3tu-4UVgg&feature=youtu.be

I have become familiar with some of the programming logic and it seems to make sense. I will be putting together a F550 from scratch soon and I will put all of this pain into programming. I have a Naza V2 for this build. Thanks everyone - the support here has been a great help!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
http://wwwusw mersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=8&fpv_product_name=EzUHF%20Long-Range%20RC%20RX%20-%208%20CH%20Diversity

How can i use with the naza v2 '''does it workd?

Yes it works with the Naza, I am using V1 Naza and I have it set up for PPM, which only uses one servo cable, or you can use it PWM... up to you :)