Flying over a lake...

For our most recent shoot, we did 50 flights from the bow of a boat (watch it to the end and you'll see how)...

Cinestar 8 with Hoverfly Pro and Hoverfly Gimbal board.
Pilot: Benjamin Rowland
Camera: Will Wheeler

Shot on a hacked Panasonic GH2

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael64

Benjamin Rowland
Great video nicely done with nice scenery as well. If you do not mind which hack are you using on the GH2 Iam having a hard time deciding on one and also which lens do you perfer.
Keep up the good work really nice.

Michael64

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
excellent work as always. Do you charge more when you fly over water? for gymkhana 5 we asked them to cover the entire cost of the heli for the shot over the barge, which we both denied at the last day because they needed a cineflex regardless for the bridge shots.

excellent work as always. Do you charge more when you fly over water? for gymkhana 5 we asked them to cover the entire cost of the heli for the shot over the barge, which we both denied at the last day because they needed a cineflex regardless for the bridge shots.
No extra charge.

Michael64

Benjamin Rowland
Thanks for answering my post. If I could ask one question on the GH2 do you use manual or auto-focus. If you use auto focus at what distance do you set the focus at because your video is very detailed and sharp. I know the mode you shoot in and iso also plays a huge part as well. I am still learning the GH2 hope you dont mind the questions. Thanks in advance.

Michael64

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Rowland
Thanks for answering my post. If I could ask one question on the GH2 do you use manual or auto-focus. If you use auto focus at what distance do you set the focus at because your video is very detailed and sharp. I know the mode you shoot in and iso also plays a huge part as well. I am still learning the GH2 hope you dont mind the questions. Thanks in advance.

Michael64

My camera op sets the focus with manual focus, usually at infinity, but that can change depending on the shot. For most shoots, the shots are planned most of the time. In this particular video, we had to come up with some shots mid-flight. We try to avoid any sort of automatic settings on a camera. We shoot in manual mode when possible (and fly in manual mode too).

Michael64

Benjamin
Thanks for the replies I appreciate it.

Michael64

My camera op sets the focus with manual focus, usually at infinity, but that can change depending on the shot. For most shoots, the shots are planned most of the time. In this particular video, we had to come up with some shots mid-flight. We try to avoid any sort of automatic settings on a camera. We shoot in manual mode when possible (and fly in manual mode too).

andrewrob

Fantastic video Benjamin, are you using a 360 degree gimbal or do you just pan the whole helicopter? Looks very stable too!