Flashing yellow on Naza.. Need help!

flyalan

I am new to Quads and Naza. Not new to electronics or R/C.
I have my futaba hooked up and everything seems to work fine in the Naza software. Calibration works fine.
I am building a 450 Quad with all DJI parts, ESC, motors. I have tried using both S-Bus and a traditional receiver.
When I power up the quad (after radio) it goes through the flashing light rotation then the 4 flashing greens. I get good tones and the ESC's appear to arm.
A second or two after the 4 greens it goes black for a second then rapid flashing yellow.
I have double check all radio calibrations and I get blue on Ail, Rud and Ele sliders in the software. A,M is set up with a switch. Did not set up gain control from the radio at this point.
I tried deactivating the voltage warning to rule out any problem with that. Using a fresh 3S pack.
All EsC's are hooked up correctly. Again they are arming.

I am stumped. Any thought anyone?

thanks
Alan

flyalan

Amazing what just typing things out will do! Figured it out myself. Needed to back down the endpoints on the Manual/Attitude switch.

Alan

Tahoe Ed

Atti and M were not highlighted in blue were they? It happens. You were in failsafe. Good thing that you caught it so quickly.

bpbat21

Ok...Noobie here, I ve done lots of lurking and have run out of ideas...so here I am. I get a steady flashing light on my Naza v-2. I ve done all the calibrations through flight assistant. I m not in GPS mode as it is green on the software. I ve properly binded my specktrum d6i to the ar7610. I would love to talk to one of you guys to walk me through this...but any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

FlyGirl

Ok...Noobie here, I ve done lots of lurking and have run out of ideas...so here I am. I get a steady flashing light on my Naza v-2. I ve done all the calibrations through flight assistant. I m not in GPS mode as it is green on the software. I ve properly binded my specktrum d6i to the ar7610. I would love to talk to one of you guys to walk me through this...but any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

What color is the flashing light? What mode are you in when you hook up the battery? What flight controller? I assume NAZA? Please describe what you see and what steps you are taking when you power up. Thanks!

bpbat21

What color is the flashing light? What mode are you in when you hook up the battery? What flight controller? I assume NAZA? Please describe what you see and what steps you are taking when you power up. Thanks!

I plug the battery into the quad and I hear the chimes and chirps and it begins to pulse 3 yellow. Then I bind my Tx. As soon as it binds it immediatly goes to a steady flashing yellow light. It is a Naza v-2. It shows the gps in blue on the assistant. I m pretty sure i am in GPS mode during start up. During calibration, everything seems to work fine. I did have a fully charged battery. And eventually turned off my low voltage fail safes. Oh...i ve been doing this inside the house...not sure if that is a problem. Thanks for your speedy reply. I m all ears and willing to try anything!
Thanks
Ben

FlyGirl

Hi Ben! Inside shouldn't matter except for possibly not getting a GPS lock which will give us some red flashing lights but we aren't flying so it doesn't matter. Okay, let's try something... This time power the transmitter up first. Have your switches (which I think you said you had already set up) set for GPS mode on and course lock and home lock off. Now set the powered on transmitter off to the side and plug up the battery to the quad while watching the lights. Tell me what you see. It should be one or two greens with several reds. The green light means GPS mode and the reds mean it does not have a lock on the satellites. Do you get the green lights?

Last edited by a moderator:

bpbat21

I don't have 3 position switch on my ds6i. But I switched from GPS to ATTI 11 times and still got the steady flashing. Maybe change the switch to GPS and manual for calibration?

bpbat21

Well...I changed it to manual mode and switched 11 times...still flashes a steady yellow. Don't give up!!! What else can we try?

soler

When you say "still flashes a steady yellow" you mean the the LED is constantly lit, no flashing just on?

FlyGirl

When you say "still flashes a steady yellow" you mean the the LED is constantly lit, no flashing just on?

Yep I am confused on that too... Flashing means it is in Failsafe mode which could mean your transmitter and receiver have not been bound yet. Have you gone though the bind procedure? Or the switch that you have designated to use to switch modes is in the failsafe mode position. If the LED is on solid yellow then it is asking you to begin the compass calibration.

bpbat21

Sorry...I guess it only made sense in MY head. It flashes yellow at a steady consistent blink. I know the TX and RX are binded as the RX has the orange light on...and I have calibrated the TX through the assistant. Also, when I turn off my TX the assistant doesn't go into fail safe mode. Its a ds6i with only two position switches. I was hoping to get by with this TX at first and buy a ds8i later...would it be best to go and buy the upgraded TX?

soler

Thats a bit clearer, so when the USB is unplugged and and there is power to the system from the LiPo and the transmitter is on you still get a yellow blink? From the manual it looks like the system has entered fail safe.

There could be too possibilities. 1) that your system is sending a failsafe signal to the controller on channel U or 2) the connections from the receiver to the are incorrect

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Constant yellow blinks mean, either your TX is not binded correctly, or you are in failsafe. You should check your connections to the Naza and make sure your functioning in the Assistant, if your radios are binded, the only other thing is you must be in failsafe. This is why I do not like the radio you have, it is all we see on here is people with issues with Spectrum radios and configurations, the Naza really needs an 8 channel to work, but can be made to work with less channels and less features..... but that being said, check your failsafe settings on the assistant, make sure when it is off, your pointer is not in the failsafe area, weird mixes, endpoints and trims can affect this.

Look at the Yellow dots, not the highlighted one, that was for another user.

greenflash_zps6e458e82.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bpbat21

I want to say thanks for all the help. You guys are a wealth of information and always so willing to help with lot of patience. As far as my 450, I m just not sure what the problem is. I calibrated the system with the assistant and it showed that every thing was functioning properly. Wouldn't that mean the TX and RX were binded? I m not sure what to do. I might break it down and start again...or maybe buy that 8 channel TX. Do you suggest Futaba?