Orange Rx Receiver

Eoin

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has experience of the Orangerx Futaba FASST compatible receiver.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ST_Compatible_8Ch_2_4Ghz_Receiver_S_Spec.html

I'm currently converting my F450 to a 4s system for fpv. Have removed my Wookong and R6208SB (they will be going into my S800) and rather than purchasing another R6208SB I thought these might work ? I will be using a Naza as flight controller.

I'm concerned about the warning at the bottom of Hobbykings page about the requirement to turn off failsafe on my radio ( Futaba T8FG Super) is this necessary ?

I purchased the T8FG when I got my Wookong as my Futaba 7C doesn't have failsafe on the required number of channels.
Anyone know ?
Thanks
Eoin

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
I have a Futaba 10C and I use orange Rx's ON MY PLANES ONLY. I have experienced 1/8 second all-motor cutouts with KK, CC and Hoverfly boards, every 1-2 minutes. I fought for weeks with this before buying real Futaba rx's which worked. I also tried the FrSky 8ch FASST rx and that too had motor hits.

I tabled this on RCG a year ago and no one came to my rescue :( but I have seen it come up in conversation a few times... so it's not just me. I suspect there is a pulse-shape issue that these boards don't like. Servos (including digital) are not a problem. I am glitch-free on my large electric F3A plane after two years with Orange 8Ch.

Spend the extra $80... or I have several Orange ones that you can buy off me! :black_eyed:

Pete

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Have had problems with the 6 channel orange but no problems thus far with the 9 channel Orange - but I am using Spectrum transmitter with Hoverfly.

Tahoe Ed

I gave my 9ch to a friend of mine who flys CC boards. He seems to have luck with them. I could never get it to work on my Naza or my WKM.