Flashing yellow on Naza.. Need help!

bpbat21

Ok, here is something. On the assistant at the very bottom edge there are two lights. A red and a blue...then next to the lights it says MODE: Failsafe and MC OUT PUT: Off. That must mean I m in the fail safe mode right? How can I change that?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Look at the end point on your radio for your failsafe switch, adjust it to make sure when your failsafe is off, it is not in that area or in the blue. MC Off is a normal thing when you are plugged into the NAZA. Make sure also, you have no weird mixes going on that might interfere. Chances are, your failsafe endpoint needs adjusting on that one channel you are using.

bpbat21

Maybe I m not understand where, or what my failsafe is. I only have two position switches. At the bottom of the assistant there is a calibration of my 5 th channel, my gear channel. I can only switch between GPS and the other side as ATTI, MANUAL, or failsafe modes.available on a drop down arrow, of which I have used ATTI. I switch back and forth and the blue tap moves according to the switch, at the bottom it continues to say failsafe.

bpbat21

Also, when I watch all the other video they have a different format on the assistant. I m sure I ve got the latest edition, but could the program be the issue. For some reason I can't get it out of the failsafe mode. Does the compass need to be calibrated? I don't even care about failsafe at this moment...I just want to see if it flies. Oh...and my Specktrum RX shows an orange light that I thought that meant that the binding was complete...then today I noticed there was a another red flashing light on the side. It flashed 6 times. Oh how I miss my airplanes...

FlyGirl

Also, when I watch all the other video they have a different format on the assistant. I m sure I ve got the latest edition, but could the program be the issue. For some reason I can't get it out of the failsafe mode. Does the compass need to be calibrated? I don't even care about failsafe at this moment...I just want to see if it flies. Oh...and my Specktrum RX shows an orange light that I thought that meant that the binding was complete...then today I noticed there was a another red flashing light on the side. It flashed 6 times. Oh how I miss my airplanes...

That's a clue..... A very BIG clue I think. Where did you read about the red light meaning holding failsafes? Everything I have read says it is the number of holds or signal losses. Let's assume for right now the NAZA is set up correctly and it is going into failsafe mode for a reason, that it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. That red light should NOT be there and it is indicating a fault with the Tx to Rx data flow and we have to find out why. What receiver is it again? Let's investigate power first. What battery are you using? 3s or 4s? Do you have a different battery you can try? A different receiver? I'm thinking a call to Spektrums support is in order at this point. They are very very good with support.... BTW, I use a Spektrum ar8000 and I don't get a red light....

Last edited by a moderator:

atpfilms

Check the knobs on your transmitter. If any of them are at extremes, it can freak naza out. Return them to zero and try again.

bpbat21

Yeah, you were right. It is the number of HOLDs. Are holds signal loss? So, I could see how that would keep it in failsafe mode. Its a Spektrum ar7610. I have the remote back up stretched out along one of the arms and piggy backed on an ESC. But the main RX is attached on top of the 450 all by itself. How do I get rid of the flashing red lights?

bpbat21

So...I have not figured out how to get it out of safe mode. I now know the flashing red lights on my RX are holds, which are signal losses. I don't think there are any issues with my RX. I have tried rebinding and went through the assistant program again. I am still getting the yellow flashing light. I know that I am in failsafe...but I don't know how to get it out of failsafe. I have tried powering up with the TX already on and it goes through the start up lights and then right to yellow flashing. Where can I start undoing some wiring...maybe I should try with out GPS? I just don't know how to fix this problem short of tearing it down and starting again. Thanks guys. Ben

FlyGirl

So...I have not figured out how to get it out of safe mode. I now know the flashing red lights on my RX are holds, which are signal losses. I don't think there are any issues with my RX. I have tried rebinding and went through the assistant program again. I am still getting the yellow flashing light. I know that I am in failsafe...but I don't know how to get it out of failsafe. I have tried powering up with the TX already on and it goes through the start up lights and then right to yellow flashing. Where can I start undoing some wiring...maybe I should try with out GPS? I just don't know how to fix this problem short of tearing it down and starting again. Thanks guys. Ben

I think the first thing I would try is to take the Rx off the MR and plug up a few servos and see if the holds etc still occur. That way you will know whether or not it is something on the MR that is interfering with the signal. Have you range tested the radio system?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I can't tell you how to program your radio, I don't know why your getting red flashes on your RX, what I do know is, you need to pull the manual or call the maker of your radio and find out what is going on with it. If your radio RX is loosing communications with your TX, you have a serious problem and it probably will stay in failsafe.

Work on one thing at a time, personally I would be making phone calls to find out more about it. You could have a faulty TX or RX, maybe both, call the support number on your documentation and tell them what it is doing.

You have been playing with this too long, it has to be a problem with your equipment. If your receiver does not see your radio, failsafe will normally activate on the Naza.

leerider524

I'm having kinda the same problem naza lite, I have been flying dji 450 with a ar7000, I changed it out with the ar8000, now it only works in manual mode when I switch to atti & gps mode it flashes yellow I hooked every thing back the same and add lights. I can put it in manual mode and fly it

jcampen

This is the answer to this problem of constant flashing Yellow FS LED's, just that it doesn't give very much details on how to achieve this fix, so here it is.

With you MC turned on and plugged into the Assistant software while on BASIC and RC tab page, put your TX radio into end point adjustment mode. Now select the channel that controls the GPS/ATTI/MAN, 3 position switch end points (Depending on the radio, but usually Channel 5).

Now with the 3 way switch in GPS position on your radio, slowly adjust the end point going lower and watch the "Controller Mode Switch" slider on the Assistant software and until you see the slider move into the GPS field and turn it blue.

Now move the 3 position switch to Manual position on your radio and now lower the end point until you see the slider on the Assistant software move into the Manual position and turns it blue.

Now the 3 position "Controller Mode Switch" end points are properly set and now the LED should not flash Yellow constantly and you should be able to now do the compass calibration.

Amazing what just typing things out will do! Figured it out myself. Needed to back down the endpoints on the Manual/Attitude switch.

Alan