Flamewheel F550 Hard case?

What pros/cons are you seeing over the AMP Extensions?

There is allot less flex which translates to better stability and control. There is a very slight weight saving but pretty much identical.

I am keen however to try the AerialMob extension kit, thinking about building a quad to try them out on.

gmahan3

I returned home yesterday and the F550 with the HL Motor and Arm extensions fit in there. You have to turn the bird a bit and it makes the foam plucking a bit of a challenge but it works.

View attachment 16721View attachment 16722

Attachments

• IMG_5613.jpg
    IMG_5613.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_5612.jpg
    IMG_5612.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 261

DWA

I have been looking for a case for my 550 for quite a while. I would get the pelican but I just don't want to spend that much money on a box.

U

URAKOPTER

hi guys,

I try to make the new case for phantom and F550. Do you think the 1690 is the best size that you need or you need to have a better dimension? We will open new molds to make these so we can customize based on the general request.

Thanks,

James

amicu1

DJI F550 Traveling Case for those of you who want to take your hexacopter on a vacation ... this is the best case I found. No disassembling of your multirotor required.
Thought I would add some clarifying comments: You will NEED the foam inserts that you will have to mold around the copter, batteries and whatever else you pack in the case. The video only highlights the fact that the Pelican 1660 accommodate the hexacopter without having to dismount anything, but by no means it illustrates a ready-packed and get on a plane solution.

I already have the precut foam inserts which I still have to mold around everything that I will eventually pack in this case.

If you look at the description/size of the case on their website, it would be hard to imagine you can actually fit the F550 in it. Hence the video to show that you can actually fit it in. Good luck! And if you have better solutions (in terms of transportation) please respond with a video reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

amicu1

Perhaps the wrong thread --- it was hard to find a thread on F550 cases ... hence this was the closest thing to a relevant place. Apologizes to everyone! I've added some more comments to my original thread to clarify the intent of the video. YES, you will need the precut foam in the case before boarding a plane. In spite of the tight fit, once the lid is closed, the side walls will be retained in place with no extra pressure being applied to the hexa arms.