First test flight with Zenmuse and S800

Tahoe Ed

The S800 has leds on each arm. If you look closely, you can see a small red spot on two of them. I put them in the front and the four greens in the other positions. You really can't see them well until the copter is well above you. The mode led fits between the top and bottom plate. Just position it and tighten down the screws. It stays very well.

@ ChrisViperM,

"But I would advice you not to "fix" it on your own. Apparently DJI will not fix, but exchange the ESC's."

My Dealer has had mine for almost 1 month now? Exchanging them from where? did you send yours to dealer or DJI?

Regards,

KS

Tahoe Ed

I was part of the preorder and got mine from DJI. They replaced the escs to me directly. I got 6 that I had to resolder to the arms and motors. It appears that it has been handled in a different manner depending on your dealer.

I purchase mine about 1 month ago.. seem that the posting of the new ESC was prior to my purchase. Though I did not know, the dealer should have been aware and not sent those out just to stall another 30 days or more?

seems sorta border line ethical if the dealer knew, but took your money and sent ESC that needs 30 days to fix, just to get it back for the fix.. wouldn't you say?

the sure got my money and it was not a recall.. I am sure they are using it like it was made to be use.. and working for them too. I would feel better if the recall was after my purchase... that would be totally acceptable in that case.

KS

ChrisViperM

@ ChrisViperM,

"But I would advice you not to "fix" it on your own. Apparently DJI will not fix, but exchange the ESC's."

My Dealer has had mine for almost 1 month now? Exchanging them from where? did you send yours to dealer or DJI?

Regards,

KS

I have sent mine to the dealer (Digitech) and they fixed it pretty fast. Following some threads here on the forum, the exchange via DJI directly is a nightmare....Your waiting time could be due to the fact that DJI seems not to ship anything at the moment. Contact your dealer for information why it takes so long.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

HEX junky

I haven't fine tuned my S800 yet, due to been busy with work. My basic settings used in my video are:

View attachment 5705

Attachments

• S800 gains.jpg
    S800 gains.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 526

skivvie

Yes... and in actual shooting I don't see it being an issue in the first place as you'd most likely never do a fast large yaw like it would take to cause it.

Excellent thank you.. I have a Z15 arriving soon. I am interested in seeing some footage with a hacked GH2. With the higher bit rate I would assume that the panning would be smother and you could possible pan faster.

Oylore

My first video with S800 and Z15

Still waiting for my battery tray. (I'm a preorder Customer). Have wrapped batteries under the rear frame of the Z15. Today I have finally made ​​a video.

My S800 vibrates well, but the video seems to look nearly ok. I've checked the balance on the propellers and they seem ok.

Have not been calibrated S800 yet, but flying with the recommended setup I found on a forum.

After upgrading the ESC in Switzerland I´m missing light in one red LED, but the engine runs ok.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to fly with my S800, but could not wait longer.

http://youtu.be/5mSQapaICyA