Show your FPV video

Debian Dog

Old Heli Guy
Not sure why I am getting jello looking video not sure if it is blade shadow, because I switched to 1080P60 narrow or it was just so windy the machine was all over the place.

Well let see if youtube let me keep my song.

http://youtu.be/VTeblB5aWxs

Last edited by a moderator:

Chadfish

There really isn't much jello in that footage. What you are seeing is the prop flutter from the shadow of the prop hitting the lens. I found that my BlurFix3 filter mount greatly reduces prop flutter! An unintended bonus! I can't remember if I posted this here or not, but I did an ND filter A/B test and it totally frickin' killed the jello, as well as prop flutter. Links in the description.
And here's my Circular Polarizer test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml3vjM8g6Mc

Debian Dog

Old Heli Guy
Hey why downsample the video to 720p? YouTube will display 1080p for those of us who want to watch that.

If I had a high speed internet connection I would ;) 500 MB took long enough! If I ever do something good I will be sure to up the res. Checking out your other vid now.

Chadfish

DD If you encode the file at a particular kbps, say, 5,000Kbps, it will look good on youtube, and the file size will be the same whether at 720 or 1080. Most of my vids are at that and it looks fine, but for vids I'm more proud of I do 10,000kbps. I just checked one of my upload files and at 5,000kbps, with a length of 5:22, the file size is 221.5Mb.

Debian Dog

Old Heli Guy
DD If you encode the file at a particular kbps, say, 5,000Kbps, it will look good on youtube, and the file size will be the same whether at 720 or 1080. Most of my vids are at that and it looks fine, but for vids I'm more proud of I do 10,000kbps. I just checked one of my upload files and at 5,000kbps, with a length of 5:22, the file size is 221.5Mb.

Cool. Thanks. I am pretty good with x264 in a custom Compressor setup I will have to play with it to use 1080p. But honestly... I just came home this afternoon, loaded it in to FCP, added a bit a saturation, add 3 titles, and hit share to YouTube.

I went ahead and ordered that BlurFix3 SO Naked it looks like it may resolve my problem and if I can get away from having to add saturation that will help my workflow. Of course I had to order new ND filters as mine are 46mm. I so seldom catch a break on these things. What are you gonna do!

Chadfish

That Marumi ND4x filter is cool because they machine off the lip so there is no vignetting. It's a quality lens.

kloner

Aerial DP
been trying to teach myself the whole animated splash screens and what not. slowly getting there, next i wanna fancy up the logo with some plugins and do some sort of animation with it. The owner of ritewing had a kids day at his school and wanted a cd to take with some fun proximity flying so i made him this...

kloner

Aerial DP
my friends went out the other day while i'm recovering and they did something remarkable. Reminds me why i picked em as friends

http://flitetest.com/articles/fpv-as-an-accessibility-option-for-the-disabled

Good job Kyle and Treg! things like this help people that freak out about drones see a better side to the word. We want to start a wounded warrirors fpv day and since were doing that superman bit, were gonna go do childrens hospital fpv rides kinda thing on the backs of there favorite superhero......

VINHEX

my friends went out the other day while i'm recovering and they did something remarkable. Reminds me why i picked em as friends

http://flitetest.com/articles/fpv-as-an-accessibility-option-for-the-disabled

Good job Kyle and Treg! things like this help people that freak out about drones see a better side to the word. We want to start a wounded warrirors fpv day and since were doing that superman bit, were gonna go do childrens hospital fpv rides kinda thing on the backs of there favorite superhero......

Top Draw, what an idea...

trinco

hey guys im new here and here's mine
please do not try this stunt with your multirotor, u may cause serious injury or death to innocent bystanders unless u know your place very well and know your limits

its around 1pm and the temp is 33°C-35°C no one wants to be out on that particular time and the park is fully cleared for me to do some proximity flights... enjoy