First hexacopter build, need help

Handsup

Hi there guys,

I have a F550 RTF with fpv from electronicarc.com, but I star to feel the need for something better.

I'm thinking in a Hexa frame to fly a sony nex5 with dual operator on a 3 axis gimbal.
This is the configuration I thought about:

6 x Helice Graupner E-Prop 12x6 (Graup 12x6)
6 x Helice Graupner E-Prop 12x6 L (GIRO INVERSO) (Graup 12x6L)
1 x Dji NAZA M V.2 + PMU + Led + GPS V.2 Combo (NazaM V.2 GP)
1 x Tarot Iron Man 690S Hexa Plegable (TL68C01)
6 x Regulador T-Motor 40Amp. 400Hz (2-6S) (40A T-Motor)
6 x T-Motor MT2814 770 RPM (110 gr.) (MT2814 770 R)
1 x Gimbal Brushless Monobrazo 3 EJES, 100% Montado Tipo Nex7 (RTF Mon 3AXI)
1 x Graupner MZ 18 HOTT, 9 Canales, Tactil, Color, 3.5" (MZ18)
4 x Lipo 4S 5000 mAh 20-30C (4S 5000)

I already have a turnigy 9xr with a monitor ( that I use on my f550) and I thinking using it for the camera operator.

so my questions are:

- which landing gear should I used with this gimbal?
- is there any thing that I need to this kit( wires, recivers, etc etc)
- do you think this is a good setup ?

All the gear can been seen on www.electronicarc.com
sinse i'm Portuguese this is the best shop for me.

thank you all

Handsup

Please guys give me a help.
I'm going to make the order tomorow and i would like some advices from you.

Tjank you

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Please guys give me a help.
I'm going to make the order tomorow and i would like some advices from you.

Tjank you

Have you plugged all the info into eCalc to get a rough idea of the performance? I would also plug in 6S battery to see what the results would be. I have a 680pro and have been wrestling with space and getting the ESCs in a good place with the integrated PDB, so I think the 690 is probably a good choice.

Just realize that any of the 680/690/680pro will only allow 13" props, and depending on what thrust/efficiency the motors provide will determine how much you can lift.

Dont rush the purchase if you need more good research and calculations.

Handsup

Attachments

• ecalc_hexa.jpg
    ecalc_hexa.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The way you have eCalc it's showing far too little throttle for hover. You want to ideally be near/at 50%. Getting close should be fine - but you are at hover at less than 30% (as seen in the section at the bottom - throttle linear). You might want to plug some other motors/props in to see if you can get it closer to 50% while raising the flight times.

Obviously eCalc is just a guide, but you can use it to see the relationship between the components. Also, perhaps try a slightly higher C (discharge) rating on the battery (35C?) to see how that effects it.

Handsup

Ok, i will try to change bateries!!! maybe if i use to 4s in parallel can reach the throttle enough for hover. Thank you for your help.

Handsup

I changed only the props from 12x6 to 10x3.3 and the result was amazing. Now i get 73% throttle linear hover :)

If i change from 12x6 to 11x5 i get 45% throttle linear hover. Can you tell me the pros and cons of smaller props ??

Thank you.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I changed only the props from 12x6 to 10x3.3 and the result was amazing. Now i get 73% throttle linear hover :)

If i change from 12x6 to 11x5 i get 45% throttle linear hover. Can you tell me the pros and cons of smaller props ??

Thank you.

73% would be too high. You would be better at 45% 50% is ideal. 2 batteries parallel would add flight time and weight, so it's a tricky dance to figure out the best scenario for your particular MR.

Lower Kv motors can spin larger props, higher Kv spin smaller props.

The benefits/disadvantages to the prop/motor size can get somewhat complicated (pertaining to amp draw, lift capabilities, etc). The motor can change a smaller prop quicker. The larger the prop, the smoother the flight and typically the higher the payload. The smaller the prop, the easier to react to unstable conditions (wind etc). This is an oversimplification. But hopefully you get the idea to launch more research :).

Don't be afraid to check out other motors to find the good balance between flight time and payload capabilities. You can see that info on the lower right of ecalc - where it shows AUW as well as "add. payload."

johnthorn

Hi I have a Tarot 680 hex I have tmotor 2814 770 running on dji 30 amp controllers I use 2x 3S 5000 35/50c lipos in parallel with Tarot 13x5.5 high spec carbon props. This gives an all up weight with Sony nex5 and everything else of 3.5kg, I get about 12 mins out of this setup, this is mainly ap work not zooming all over the sky. If you look on the tmotor web site they have a recommended solution page that will also give you motor reccomendations, 2814/770 motors on my setup will lift 4kg. If you go to the tarot web site and look at the 690S page they list recommended setups for the fame and you will see that their setup is 2814 or 4006 which is the same as tmotor come up with. If you go with the 690 (it is good) I would get 2 x underslung battery carriers and mount the batteries underneath it gets the CG down and leaves room on top in the middle to mount the Naza. PS you can order all the Tarot kit direct from them its cheaper and I get it delivered using their cheapest method in about 7/10 days.