First ground test with Clover & Skew 5.8Ghz

kloner

Aerial DP
I posted a video of what your link should look like above, the live feed over walters, same exact transmitter you got

directional antennas help a ton, but you gotta find the best spots to mount everything to not get interferrence like i showed as well.

kloner

Aerial DP
did mine like this
019%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

i.php

crosshair goes behind stuff better but the helical has range all around it, alot less directional. i like both, but 5.8 and far or low likes that crosshair

All this was filmed on 5.8 my last trip to the river. Got there and my 1.3 antenna broke so i switched it back
I like 5.8, it's super clear and when you got it working right, the fades are minimal and can be easily seen through. When it's wrong, it sucks butt

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessestr

Really nice there Kloner.

I have almost exact setup as you
- Disco
- Naza
- MT2814 710KV (9" Graupner Eprop)
- HK 30A ESC - Simonk/RapidESC Flashed with N-FETS
- 9X with FrSky (using stock atm since I'm waiting for the CPPM update to the Naza)
- FS Dominator 5.8Ghz
- immersionRc 5.8Ghz 600mW v2

Oh by the way. I'm not using the HHD for FPV. I'm using a Team Blacksheep CHiPCHiP.. Despite the "low" tv lines it really has a nice image in the goggles and lovely colors. Will attach the HHD later on when I got the shield attached just for recording.
So it should work with the right setup.. Really thanks for helping..

Still got some questions.. sorry :(

- Can I use crosshair & helical at same time?
- If I understand right: crosshair is more directional and goes behind stuff / helical has a bigger range (in angle or really also behind the helical?) but doesn't like trees and stuff
- Random Question: What are the advantages & disadvantages of a bigger stator length (like 2208 vs 2216..)

Thanks. You should get an award for helping people

kloner

Aerial DP
you can use a helical and crosshair at the same time with a diversity receiver. Tell foxtech to send ya onecrosshair doesn't have much range if the chopper gets up above or bhind ya without turning it. the helical is like a honey badger, it just don't give a crap, doesn't need to be turned, just get s little junk here and there. helical is longer and heavier so would be more stress on your goggle pcb

bigger stators make more power, but make more mass to balance, usually instead of 2216 guys will opt for similar power out of a larger diameter like 28mm and keep the shorter length. I think meme is running mt 2216 and loves em, look at his disco thread in here

Jessestr

I see. I'll check foxtechfpv in a second.
I think both seem nice to have and decide what antenna I need at that specific time.

It's just an idea but can't I put a helical on a tripod with an extension wire to my goggles or will the long wire result in signal loss. Should be so much easier..

And about the bigger stators.. I received a new motor line to review and I couldn't find what it's better for. So more power but more balancing work? They seem really nice, all black :D can't reveal too much since they are still not officially released.

kloner

Aerial DP
it has major signal loss, the other problem with 5.8. That crosshair needs to be made with a micrometer and the lengths gotta be perfect

they kinda just make it tougher to make perfect jello free vids with, little more mass up further from the base

Jessestr

I see thanks. Maybe buy a crosshair would be "safer". Btw foxtech doesn't have any crosshairs

And the motors are for a sport quad :)