Firmware bug in GPS Compass, notice from DJI

DennyR

I've got the old style but purchased after June what do I do?

DJI need to issue a test method to determine what one has. I have a old style unit that was repaired by them in june?

I think that when you bought it is different from when they manufactured it.

We need a photograph of two units with the case removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

Just spoke to Geoff and as mine is old style although purchased on the 15th should be ok guess a but lucky. Wonder what the new firm where will do to the old one ?

Mine just came in yesterday, it's the defective GPS. I bought mine from UAVproducts.com but can't seem to find their address to ship it back. They also haven't responded to my emails.. Anyone know where to send it for north america?

'Detailed explanation from DJI:
http://www.dji-innovations.com/comp...age_kv&utm_campaign=compass_firmware_bug_form
The address for firmware upgrade of WKM GPS is as below
Hongkong Address:

Unit 1006-7, 10/F.,C-Bons International Center, 108 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Phong number: 00852-24873091

Attn: Deborah Wang

Please include a copy of your purchase at foxtech and you address.
if there is any question, please feel free to contact us.
thanks
Admin'

nytram

I have just been told its going to be a months turnaround!! As the dealers have to send back as they can not reflash!!

Kilby

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-22 at 12.09.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-22 at 12.09.03 PM.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 362

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Mine just came in yesterday, it's the defective GPS. I bought mine from UAVproducts.com but can't seem to find their address to ship it back. They also haven't responded to my emails.. Anyone know where to send it for north america?

Here is the adrees for UAVProducts.
ROBERT M REMUND
UAVPRODUCTS.COM / DJIUSA
10027 FAIR OAKS DR
GOODRICH, MI 48438-9202
Robert had a death in the family...Please be patient with him.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
MMMM Why do they not send a whole batch of new ones to dealers and they hand the new ones out as fast os defective ones come in.... Why should I be with out a system for a whole month?

Digitech

depending on your dealer it wont take that long.
and its good to learn good old manual ATTI flying , instead of all the gadgets.:livid:
we are getting new units this week , it seems the customers are not in a hurry to send the old ones first..

VINHEX

I can understand the delay in posting forward, strip out kit and possible not having something to fly for a month but that said would rather send than flying with a possible issue trashing or loosing the whole lot. Would have been nicer if dealer could replace with proof of purchase.

Digitech

the Real problem is the swapping , IF your unit is brand new in the box , it will be swapped.
if the unit was allready build on , used or glued it will be upgraded in china.
now DJI wont give the firmware flashing soft out to dealers , so i guess we have to send them to china to get upgraded and wait for their return.
all in all not bad.
we are getting te first friday for swapping for our sub dealers and customer who just purchased and not build them yet.