Aeronavics / Droidworx Droiderbuilt SkyJib Lite 4x

Bluerex

Beautiful!

But tell me, do your boots (engine boots silly not your wellies) just sort of sit there? I mean they cant go far but the side bolts don't clamp them down - they can move between the two o-rings maybe 5 mm...

C

nicwilke

Beautiful!

But tell me, do your boots (engine boots silly not your wellies) just sort of sit there? I mean they cant go far but the side bolts don't clamp them down - they can move between the two o-rings maybe 5 mm...

C

Get the o-rings flush mate. Yep, they sit there semi loose. The boot sits on the boom, and it's not an issue

Bluerex

Hmm... I have the two 2mm mini-doughnuts threaded onto the 3mm bolts either side of the boot mounts (damn I wish I could draw). I cannot see what to do with the 1mm O ring that I had to slide onto the boom. I'm also not convinced that I have the motors sitting square. One problem I find is that the mounts are so beautifully made that if things are not sitting perfectly the 3mm bolts jam up and I can't feel if they are pulling down properly.

C

View attachment 8457

So where the hell is that 1mm O ring??????

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 10.02.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 10.02.45 PM.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:

Bluerex

Ah therein lies the rub... mine's coaxial too but none of the instructions show any reference to a coaxial setup..

Oh and if you are talking to the DW guys and girls, perhaps some "drawings" instead of (or as well as) the construction photos please?

c

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks.. still waiting for the rain and wind to stop for more than an hour. I need a day out at my flying field now.. so much to do before work starts again next week!

Dave

shco1t

Hi Dave, looks really good :nevreness:,is that a removable gimbal and leg setup ? and where do you get the led's saw them on Geoff's cx4 and also whats your flight times on the 5s ....sorry about all the questions.:shame:
Scott

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Scott no mither.. thats what the forum is for people ask questions others willing to share answer!

Lights on mine (Superbright LED's)are from

http://www.lightingforaeromodellers.co.uk

(A bit of a mare deciphering the online website but if you want help I have bought shed oads off Ross so can help out with his ordering procedure etc.)

I am not sure if the ones on Geoffs CX are the same I cant remember what I used on that one they could have been
http://www.braincube-aero.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69

VERY BRIGHT! Geoff thinks they are to bright. They are very nice but pricy and there is usually a 3/6 week waiting list for them.

Which ever you look at getting you'll need to run them through a BEC. I use a Castle Creations programmable one.

As for flight times I aint really pushed it yet coz they are new packs so I aint bladdeirng them. I am taking them down to 3.5vpc from 4.1 and getting between 11 / 12 mins fully loaded.

Dave

shco1t

Thanks Dave, been looking for them for a while with no luck...will see what i can fit now i know the sizes and if i have any trouble ordering will no doubt be on to you again thanks.
Scott.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Forgot about them Ross.. yep Halfords do quite a good cheap range BUT I have had some from there and they are now way as bright. Are you using the Hlford ones Ross? What voltage u running them at?

Dave