DJI Release 5.22 Firmware

Pjtyros

What is the most stable firmware? I have had issues with the rth not working, I have a new craft that has to be registered with the CAA here in the UK and failsafe/rth must be demonstrated. When I tested 5.22 the rth switch did not work and when I set gps/atti/failsafe the craft had a mad fit, I managed to land with the craft spinning!
Paul

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
So I successfully flew my F550 with the WKM upgraded to 5.22. I adjusted my gains remotely via the BT LED and it worked great. Home Lock and Point of Interest worked. But RTH did not work off my switch. Does anyone know if mixing the channel to produce a Failsafe condition will force the WKM to fly home? Is it the RTH-on-switch functionality that is broken or is it the whole RTH feature that is broken. Don't want to try this without someone else's experience as I don't want to break communication with the F550 unless I know it's going to fly home.
Can't wait for them to fix this already.

Bluerex

G'Day Hal,
You should be able to see the switch action via the iPhone app. I previously set end-points etc using the PC connection and those settings were confirmed on my iPhone. You could even set the RTH to a momentary switch on the transmitter since to cancel RTH once activated you need to drop out of GPS mode (to Atti or Manual).

C

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Yup, I know that mate.
But in version 5.22 of the firmware, it has been reported and confirmed on first inspection, that the RTH on a switch is broken and doesn't work. So I was just checking the population of users to see if this also applies to the failsafe mode as well. See my previous post.
THanks!
/Hal

Bluerex

No worries,
I have 5.22 loaded and a functional RTH switch on my octo.
On a previous quad Naza build (before it had a RTH switch and people were testing/activating RTH by turning off their transmitters - shudder) I did exactly what you suggested and had a switch to punch the mode switch into Failsafe region. I used the Flaps channel on my Aurora since it was the easiest to set an "over-ride" mix.

C

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
I'm lost then as to why it suddenly stopped working... they are having a ton of problems. Zenmuse H3-2D is broken; v1.02 offered hope of fixing it, but it breaks the tilt function too! DJI is getting on my nerves; for all the $ they charge. For shame.

How is the Zen H3-2D broken? I have a friend flying it and loves it, and I'm getting mine in the air hopefully tomorrow. I'd like to know any surprises if you can fill me in.

Gotcha! Next time maybe caveat that it isn't broken, but that when connected to WKM you loose tilt., which is different.
Nonetheless, I understand the frustration for WKM owners when paired with the Hero Zen.

snurre

The less than perfect 5.22 "Evaluation" (all releases I remember was Evaluation or Beta)firmware has now been around for three (3) months. It surprised us with broken Go-Home, broken gimbal tilt Control (USB-Connection dependant) and probably a few more less-known issues. When issues has been reported, reps responded "we know about the problems, it will be fixed in next release". -- DJI, HELLOU!! :livid: Did you ever consider to publish these these flaws on your wiki/ support pages or in the release notes? Did it occur to you that this would be really helpful to your users? And finally, WHEN may we expect the next release? On a side note, I do appreciate DJI WKM for its features, but you must improve a lot on customer care. / Tomas