DJI Release 5.22 Firmware

Actually after more flying I've gone back to 5.2. At low throttle the motors spin at different rpm's and I'm getting extreme yawing to the left when ascending under high power. This only happens with 5.22. This is the first time I've ever experienced a problem with an update. Another funny thing is how rough it's flying. Almost like it's unbalanced. With older firmware versions it flies beautifully, solid stable and smooth. Anyhow, I've read a few people are having the yaw issue with 5.22 as well so I'm sticking with what works. I haven't had a altitude drop with 5.2, but I've balanced the motor cans, props (and tracking) and added the secraft stiffeners. Weird. As for the return home not working, I know my home point was set because I was linked with the LK900... Maybe this is just delayed April fools day for me : )

I hadn't pushed the system too hard, but after what you noticed about the yaw I tried a high speed flight and did see the yaw issue....argghh. The motors all seemed fine unlike yours but this yawing is a problem...back to 5.20.

Craig

Upgraded from 5.16 to 5.22 this morning and my s800 yawed hard to port untill the nose was stuck pointing into the wind, then suddenly fell out of the sky.

Landed hard but no damage...

And of course support from DJI North America, here in Austin, TX is non existant - they even removed their phone number from the DJI website.

How do I "upgrade" back to 5.16?

I have just updated my WookongM with V5.22 firmware. and assistant to V2.0. Now my motors will not work! Has anyone had a similar problem? I can not find the old firmware to re install as DJI web site only shows latest firmware. Does anyone have a copy of Version 5.2 or any firmware that works? Wish I had not tried to update now...
Thanks.

srbell

Do you have the older assistant software? It will ignore the 5.22, with 5.2 as your only option. Strange your motors don't work at all... Maybe try reloading it again before giving up the ghost. I found all the strange issues I originally had with 5.22 are gone. I think DJI tweeted it after the first release. No more spinning to the left!

Yes I have the latest V2.0 assistant. MC connects to assistant just fine. Learned RC and all parameters are set and showing normal on assistant. Just will not power up the motors. I need to work out how to undo the update and go back to previous firmware. Where can I download previous firmware, not on DJI site.

r0beert0

Hi Guys, just upgraded to the new GUI and 5.22 firmware form 5.20 without thinking twice (did not occur to me to research first :upset:) no issues with the update though right off the bat I noticed the values on the TX stick positions on the interface where jumping +- 2 to 3 points without touching the sticks... will be doing a couple of test flights tomorrow morning and if I see any issues I'll be back to 5.20 in a heart beat since that was working well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

r0beert0

Test flew the WKM with the new 5.22 firmware and despite seeing the TX stick position values jumping on the GUI as described on my previous post (is anyone else getting this flux in values without touching the sticks?) I saw no change in flight characteristics from 5.20 to 5.22 took it easy on GPS for the first few minutes then ATI and more aggressive flying with no yaw issues to report... all is well so far, second flight I tested Fail Safe and she landed safely a few feet from TO.

Tomstoy2

rObeertO, I'm not sold on 5.22 just yet, so not using it. However, concerning your flux in values without touching the sticks issue, you could have dirty pots in you radio on the sticks. Try opening the case and giving each a little squirt of contact cleaner. If you are using a Spectrum radio this is common.

r0beert0

rObeertO, I'm not sold on 5.22 just yet, so not using it. However, concerning your flux in values without touching the sticks issue, you could have dirty pots in you radio on the sticks. Try opening the case and giving each a little squirt of contact cleaner. If you are using a Spectrum radio this is common.

Thanks Tom, I am using spektrum though my buddy also updated and is getting the same flux in values and is using an Aurora 9... it's very possible that we have dirty posts but it just occurred to me that we may need to calibrate the TX again from the new GUI. Will try that tonight and if that fails then I'll just leave as is since it does not seem to be affecting flight at this time.

-Roberto

Could someone explain the steps to return to firmweare version, as my RTH does not work and write and write to DJI and no response, I use this feature a lot on my flights as they are on the sea. Thanks to all

srbell

Could someone explain the steps to return to firmweare version, as my RTH does not work and write and write to DJI and no response, I use this feature a lot on my flights as they are on the sea. Thanks to all
Just use the older version of the assistant software.

Now try it that way and sends me in the error message "The network is abnormal, check the network status" and every time I try the same. Any idea! thanks

srbell

You could remove all your DJI software and then re install the older assistant. Or, you can just program a mix for the switch you want for the gohome function. Mix it so when you're in GPS and it's flipped, the mode goes to failsafe. Works the same, just no dedicated return home. I thought DJI had fixed that. I use the mix for 5.22 as RTH didn't work for me either. Don't forget that if you want to deactivate the RTH you'll need to switch your mixed switch back to off or you won't be able to get out of failsafe. With the RTH function, even if you still have it active you can still get out of it by switching modes but not the case with the mix.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies, so if I understand correctly, I can make a bypass of RTH, by disabling the function button and logging in with a mixture of fail safe function in the same button?

srbell

Yes. Set a switch to mix your mode from gps to failsafe. If you're using a futaba, you can also set a different endpoint under a new flight condition "go home".

MikeyJ

I had the same symptoms. I installed Assistant on a different computer, connected, and this time I got an ERROR[26] which stated I needed to run the Advanced Calibration. I obediently followed orders and ran the calibration. After that, I was able to fire up motors. I've only just tested indoors while anchored down, so can't really tell how it truly runs after upgrade, but at least I got past that hurdle. At first test, the idle speeds seem to respond a bit different.

Only difference between not working and working, beyond the error code and calibration explained above, was the Assistant v.2.12 software installed on a Windows 7 64bit desktop vs. a Win 7 32bit laptop. Not sure why that would matter as the installer seemed to recognized the proper install and the Assistant application pulled in the proper settings from the MC.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've just updated a Wookong m to 5.22 and RTH (x2 go home) although enabled in the assistant software, dosent actually work in flight. Is this a bug? Or have I missed some new feature. The switch that is assigned to X2 go home, works, and shows standby and start when moved.

All the best