DJI Release 5.22 Firmware

srbell

I found it didn't work when it was fist release. DJI said they would fix it...I guess not lol. I should give it a try, it's a nice feature sometimes. If it still doesn't work I'll give 5.23 a shot.
I've just updated a Wookong m to 5.22 and RTH (x2 go home) although enabled in the assistant software, dosent actually work in flight. Is this a bug? Or have I missed some new feature. The switch that is assigned to X2 go home, works, and shows standby and start when moved.

All the best

r44heli

Has anyone heard of a fix for the go-home not working in 5.22? We have 3 WKM, 2xV1 and 1xV2 and it does not work in any of them forcing us to roll back to 5.20...................

srbell

The only solution is to mix the switch to put your mode into failsafe, that's it for now. Works in GCS station though.

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Does anyone know where I can buy the Bluetooth V2 LED for the Wookong-M? Nobody seems to have it in stock. I have placed a pre-order for the Zenmuse GoPro Gimbal which requires 5.22 firmware. I'm starting to really hate this DJI crap...

The only solution is to mix the switch to put your mode into failsafe, that's it for now. Works in GCS station though.

This works perfectly for me also. My X3 still doesn't work for RTH.. but radio/off and the "mix" work flawless. Took me a day to figure out what everyone meant though

atver

Does anyone know where I can buy the Bluetooth V2 LED for the Wookong-M? Nobody seems to have it in stock. I have placed a pre-order for the Zenmuse GoPro Gimbal which requires 5.22 firmware. I'm starting to really hate this DJI crap...

Try Atlanta Hobby in GA, they have them in stock.

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Ok. Thanks. I guess I should have waited for a response. I ordered it from a HeliGuy in Great Britain. I haven't heard back for a confirmation as to when it would ship. But at least I have another source if this one doesn't work out. Thanks!
EDIT:
I was able to cancel the order with HeliGuy in the UK and I just placed my order with AtlantaHobby. Thank you very much for that!

Last edited by a moderator:

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Upgrade Steps

I am wondering if someone can detail the upgrade steps that I have to go through in order to get my Wookong-M up to 5.22. I ordered the Bluetooth LED module as I know that a requirement and it wouldn't be a bad thing to have anyway. I'm on 5.16 I believe. Do I hookup the LED module first then upgrade the software? I'm confused. Thanks!

atver

I am wondering if someone can detail the upgrade steps that I have to go through in order to get my Wookong-M up to 5.22. I ordered the Bluetooth LED module as I know that a requirement and it wouldn't be a bad thing to have anyway. I'm on 5.16 I believe. Do I hookup the LED module first then upgrade the software? I'm confused. Thanks!
You can update your firmware to 5.22 without the Bluetooth LED. Make sure you purchase the WKM Bluetooth Ap. from Apple. It's located under iPhone aps for 99 cents. Glad you were able to cancel your LED BT order and re-order from Atlantahobby. Happy Flying!

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Will my current settings be preserved after I upgrade to 5.22 firmware or will I have to start over with it all?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Will my current settings be preserved after I upgrade to 5.22 firmware or will I have to start over with it all?

You should always reset everything using the default button in the Assistant, save it, then manually re-enter all the settings. Failure to do this can result in weird things happening, including flips on takeoff and random falling out of the sky, DJI has been recommending this procedure since the early days. Just for good measure I also go through the calibrations again after an upgrade, I've had first hand experience with odd things happening after upgrades and by starting fresh the chance of that happening is as low as you can possibly make it.

Ken

atver

DJI recommends you reset your setting to default before upgrading and then re-enter them after updating to be on the safe side.

Last edited by a moderator:

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Ok. I'll run through my current settings and take screen shots. Reset to the defaults, save it, upgrade the LED, then do the software upgrade. After the upgrade, I'll calibrate and set up my RTH stuff again. Then I'll do a compass recalibration just to be sure. How does that sound? Will that work?

atver

Ok. I'll run through my current settings and take screen shots. Reset to the defaults, save it, upgrade the LED, then do the software upgrade. After the upgrade, I'll calibrate and set up my RTH stuff again. Then I'll do a compass recalibration just to be sure. How does that sound? Will that work?
Yes that will work. It is my understanding that the RTH function has a bug and won't work and is posted in this forum. DJI has been alerted to the problem. I've updated to 5.22 but haven't tried the RTH function myself to confirm.

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Will the Point Of Interest function work? That's the one that I am very interested in. Although I use the RTH as my failsafe and that is very disappointing. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
I'm doing all this so that I can run the new Zenmuse for Gopro gimbal when it gets released.

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
So, I entered my current assistant software and every where I saw a default button, I pressed it and wrote the values back to the MC. I then installed the new Bluetooth LED (which is way cool) then upgraded to the v2.00 Assistant software. I then upgraded to the latest firmware 1.3x as well as 5.22. I went back in to the software and reset all my installation values, like the position of my GPS antenna etc. I also re-calibrated my TX as well as set the Travel limits for the various channels. All looks really good. I downloaded the iPhone assistant and it connected right up. So now I have control over all of my configuration via the iPhone assistant.
I'm going to recalibrate the compass on the next nice day and set the X2 channel to one of my knobs so I can adjust the gains for flight.
I hope this works. I also hope that Return-To-Home works 'cause that's way cool.
I'm pray'n...

Be careful when switching back and forth between remote gain adjustment and testing the RTH function........ especially if you play around with the RC gimbal adjustments.....
So, I entered my current assistant software and every where I saw a default button, I pressed it and wrote the values back to the MC. I then installed the new Bluetooth LED (which is way cool) then upgraded to the v2.00 Assistant software. I then upgraded to the latest firmware 1.3x as well as 5.22. I went back in to the software and reset all my installation values, like the position of my GPS antenna etc. I also re-calibrated my TX as well as set the Travel limits for the various channels. All looks really good. I downloaded the iPhone assistant and it connected right up. So now I have control over all of my configuration via the iPhone assistant.
I'm going to recalibrate the compass on the next nice day and set the X2 channel to one of my knobs so I can adjust the gains for flight.
I hope this works. I also hope that Return-To-Home works 'cause that's way cool.
I'm pray'n...

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
When doing remote gain adjustment via the BT LED, do you have to plug a mini USB from the LED to the MC in order to make remote adjustments via the iPhone app?