DJI NazaM firmware v3.10 poll

What has been your experience with v3.10?

• Total voters
I was hoping that this 'update' would fix my "sudden turning left" issue. However, after installing v3.10 late one night this week - and before I got a chance to fly, I started reading about the issues that some of you were having .... so I decided to wait and see what DJI was going to do about it.

I see that DJI released another update (v3.12)this morning?. . . w-the-f? and while they listed the new "attributes", they didn't seem to bother to address "if" they fixed the issues that were being experiened by their customers in v3.1 (or not) leaving us still wondering if the issues are resolved?

I'm going to be in Chicago for the weekend (no time to fly) so I'm going to wait and read what experiences come from flying the new (5/17) update before I tempt fate (yet again). I'm not willing to risk my CX-4 airframe....or my 450 or Disco for that matter.

I don't mid being a guinea pig if DJI is footing the bill for what I'm testing, but I DO mind DJI not performing enough beta (real world) testing and asking their customers to place 'their' money in the air for a product that *immediately* has issues when released. I've led enough software develpment projects to know that bugs in the software can exist. That's not the point ... it seems that they are so eager to get the product to market that they are not doing their 'due diligence' and skipping the necessary iterative safety steps by performing extensive beta (prior to final product) testing done by field reps, taking their comments into consideration, updating the software, re-testing as much as is needed - and then - after all of the 'known bugs' are worked out - releasing the final product to their customers. It's STANDARD project management.

d.

CrashMaster

V3.12 screws gimbal settings and removes stabilisation completely.
I also can not calibrate because when I start the TX is disconnected completely needing a reboot.
Revert back again.

Olemil I see you use Futaba gear, as do DJI on their videos. I use Spektrum, and I did notice that after re-calibration following fware update, the elevator stick turned grey afterwards. However, it does arm, so it hasn't actually stopped me doing anything. I'm told the latest has fixed the issue anyhow :)

Andy

P.S have just updated to 3.12, seems to have fixed the stick calibration issue, at least on my DX8 setup at any rate. Not quite sure what the Tx advanced protection option is though, Chinglish translation is ambiguous to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

However, having read the literature released that something was very wrong with the 2 green lights once GPS lock was acquired.
Can you detail what the problem is with the double green light? I get it, but per the manual it's because my controls (including throttle) weren't all centered. Once I centered the throttle, the link went to a single blink. I'm loving the new software, it helps me confirm altitude hold by monitoring the single versus double blink.

CrashMaster

Can you detail what the problem is with the double green light? I get it, but per the manual it's because my controls (including throttle) weren't all centered. Once I centered the throttle, the link went to a single blink. I'm loving the new software, it helps me confirm altitude hold by monitoring the single versus double blink.
The new firmware works fine on my Phantom with DJI TX and now realise the double blink includes the throttle. Originally I was against that but having now flown it a few times it appears that the NAZA will not hold altitude if the throttle is not at 50% where as the old software would hold altitude upto 65% throttle now with heavy ship which needs 65% to remain airborne this will mean you loose this ability which is exactly what I have with my F550.

I really think DJI should stop using their paid up customers as BETA testers. They should find people all over who use different set-ups and machines to test and feed back - for those individuals they could pay for damages themselves or even supply free machines. This is ludicrous now and I await the first of our US cousins to issue a law suite for damages.

If I flew with the updated and updated updated firmware my F550 would have planted it's self by now.

DadHav

No problems here with 3.10 FW, everything works as it should but haven't tried the IOC or failsafe. Motors arm every time and sticks stay with in 1-2 (still green) in assistant. Warm up time less than 2 minutes first time in 81* ambient temp. Always single flash as long as sticks are centered. Maybe this should go a step further and see if there is a difference in arming depending on tx brand? (I'm running Futaba 8fg & Sbus rx)

As long as the sticks are centered. I have a Phantom and I'm getting double flashing green. I've heard to restart but it doesn't change. I've heard to center the sticks as well as the throttle. Is everyone centering the throttle at start up with the new firmware? At first I was getting single green with the throttle all the way down. Now I'm really confused and wonder if I should go through the advanced calibration again. John

Double green flash isn't necessarily a bad thing; it just means not all four controls are centered. Just before I arm the MR, I center the throttle to get a single green flash. Then once I've verified that, then I execute the CSC, and it will then double blink green until you have the throttle centered such as in a hover or level flight light.

DadHav

Yes, I did exactly the same thing. I had to start the transmitter in down throttle or it wouldn't initiate. After that I did as you and centered before starting the MR. I think the only time I had single flashes was when the throttle was centered, but the flight is good. I'll have to check again to see if I get single flashes or double when moving above center throttle. Thanks Old Pro. I was flying with 10 mph plus shifting breeze and the little ship held pretty good. John

djneils98

what I don't understand is why some naza v1 units on 3.12 initialize very quickly and some (like mine) take minutes, especially since on 2.02 the initialization was very quick

what I don't understand is why some naza v1 units on 3.12 initialize very quickly and some (like mine) take minutes, especially since on 2.02 the initialization was very quick

I don't know either, but to be honest, by the time my ezosd has found enough satelites, the Naza is usually flashing green already. THey say it's all to do with temperature/atmospherics. Have you actaully compared two or more identical units together at the same time, side by side as it were? Just curious. All I can say is since 3.12 my Naza has been rock steady, even the semi-auto takeoff is good (although not strictly required!).

djneils98

Have you actually compared two or more identical units together at the same time, side by side as it were? Just curious. All I can say is since 3.12 my Naza has been rock steady, even the semi-auto takeoff is good (although not strictly required!).

i haven't access to any other naza units.
It just seems odd - on 2.02 there is no warm-up period and GPS lock (green flash only) happens within 30 secs. On 3.12 I have to wait well over a minute until it stops the all lights flashing and then another minute or 2 until the green lights flash with no red.
Other people go to 3.12 and seem to have no initialization issues.
It did fly well on 3.12 until I had a light crash and since then it's been acting odd. Hence I've reverted back to 2.02 for the time being.

With mine, the usual process is: Startup sequence ends in 3 green flashes, followed by flashing amber light (calibrating) I've never actually timed it, but varies between 10 seconds and a more usual 45 secs or so. Two things, have you done all the calibrations? including the 'Naza dance'? Also after a crash the gyro can get knocked out of kilter, and may need a physical tap with screwdriver.

djneils98

i did multiple calibrations of both the compass and IMU on 3.12. main reason I reverted to 2.02 was even after these calibration the GPS lock seemed to keep getting intermittently lost during motion in flight so I just couldn't trust it.
Was concerned i might have got a gyro stuck or something and would have to start hitting the naza but just had another flight on 2.02 tonight and looking good again. quick start-up and gps lock and a nice flight with nothing iffy happening. need a few more like that to rebuild my confidence in it for more ambitious flights.