Dji Naza Glitching

Eggbeater

Firmware

Having just revisited the issue today while building a plane, I would recommend one thing. I have found the solder used on most overseas devices to be some God-awful stuff. I can't melt it with anything less than a propane torch. I know how to solder well and have the right irons and guns. It's the solder. So I cut all of it off before I start and have good luck using mine. I also don't fret about using connectors for future repairs, but I use solid, good ones. None of those "banana peel" ones. I've had the tabs break off. I also use dielectric grease on my connectors (XT type). Keeps the pitting down. And just started using Jeti anti-spark bullets inline on positive side only to eliminate sparking. See Esprit Model's website for these. Now for the obvious. You are flying fine...you "upgrade" firmware and you are not flying fine. So...? How about going back to the older version and reporting your findings here? Of course the alternative to a controlled experiment is to change all kinds of variables and go crazy trying to figure out what the problem was. Sheesh. Sorry but chasing your foot isn't the way to get girls. Ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

cabojay

Thanks for all the info. Do you know how to go back to old firmware? I haven't been able to do it. Thanks Jay

Hi guys today I did few test flights with my Naza hexa rotor but it was keep glitching first to the front few times then to the end left side I donot know what is wrong some one suggest that it could be the bullet connector but just want make sure if that is the case so want to ask u guys for help and if u guys think that that is the one then is there any easy way to find out the defective bullet connector with out tearing each one is there any tool to test each one individually thanks in advance

would you think it might be the gain setting if so what is the best gain setting i know it cannot be the same but still

Hi Sir.
I bought a DJI F550 in Sweden, and had a nightmare with the exact same problem. Irregular glitching, i switched all 6 ESC's, all 6 motors and still had problems. I resoldered the bullets (without cutting the cable though) and still had the problems. In the end i switched the naza fc, and still had the same problems... A guy here, do Roger Ramjet, kept tellning me to cut the wires on the motor and solder them directly onto the opto ESC. I did hesitate into the end because of voiding warranty with that action, but in the end i got desperate and soldered the motor cables directly onto the ESC's.
After that.. .never had any kind of problems at all.... and i promise you i've had atleast 60 - 70 flights on it since then.... so .... highly recommended.

It's a probability that you have the same problem.

Here's that thread http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?5785-DJI-Naza-sudden-throws

And by the way, i have the latest Naza firmware... runs like a charm, and now i have autotakeoff which is unnecessary but nice.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: