Dji Naza Glitching

paktazh

Hi guys today I did few test flights with my Naza hexa rotor but it was keep glitching first to the front few times then to the end left side I donot know what is wrong some one suggest that it could be the bullet connector but just want make sure if that is the case so want to ask u guys for help and if u guys think that that is the one then is there any easy way to find out the defective bullet connector with out tearing each one is there any tool to test each one individually thanks in advance

would you think it might be the gain setting if so what is the best gain setting i know it cannot be the same but still

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
What do you mean by glitching? I don't think anyone is going to offer help with a statement like that.

Dewster

Loose connection, bad solders, bad receiver, strong radio interference. I saw a video where a craft was glitch ing when it was flown at increased range over top of a radio tower.

Bugilt

It could also be something vibrating against the Naza. I see so many pictures of wires crammed against Naza.

paktazh

hey guys as I said I did updated my Naza to new firmware and it is glitching a sudden sharp movement of one side down then up (sudden throws) and since i adjust the gain it got worse so I don’t know
should I solder all of them again or down grade the firmware if so how should I down grade it I could not find the old firmware on DJI site

Bugilt

Vibrations can cause the behavior you are speaking of. Have you checked prop/motor balance? Is you Naza colliding with anything? How old are your bearings? What kind of climate do you fly in? Can you post a picture of your setup?

Eggbeater

Could be a million things. Do controlled experiments with one change at a time and testing before moving on to the next. When something breaks, I always look at the last work done on it first. So, go back to the old firmware and see if it goes back to good behavior. If it fixes it, then it's your choice to either stay there or "upgrade" and figure what the new firmware wants from you. Overall, it sounds like a vibration issue that the new firmware doesn't like but I'd still start as I suggested.

paktazh

it did hit once the wall and flipped upside down but nothing broken but before this new software with the old software i did lots of small flips and some small hitting but nothing happened but the worse thing is since i changed my gain to the higher number it got worse also it is not taking off straight up it is trying to flip to one side when i try to take off this is my gain setting --basic gain 134 att gain 130 yaw 162 vertical 150 .how do u balance prob or motor they looks ok to me not broken?
by the way i started Naza 1.8 but does not allow me to do any thing since it got the newest firmware how to downgrade the firmware any idea ?????

Kilby

If the problem started right after you upgraded the software, I would start with going back to the version that previously worked. If that doesn't do it, get rid of all bullet connections and solder direct. From there, make sure nothing is physically touching the imu.

That should keep you busy for a little while. If it's still not working after all that, come back and let us know how you are getting on.

Eggbeater

it did hit once the wall and flipped upside down but nothing broken but before this new software with the old software i did lots of small flips and some small hitting but nothing happened but the worse thing is since i changed my gain to the higher number it got worse also it is not taking off straight up it is trying to flip to one side when i try to take off this is my gain setting --basic gain 134 att gain 130 yaw 162 vertical 150 .how do u balance prob or motor they looks ok to me not broken?
by the way i started Naza 1.8 but does not allow me to do any thing since it got the newest firmware how to downgrade the firmware any idea ?????

If you were flipping and hitting before you changed firmware and are still hitting and flipping afterwards, sounds like either a pilot or aircraft build problem. Most MR's don't take off straight. Rebuild the whole aircraft and check everything from battery on. Read the NAZA manual and try to understand it. Try to find a flier in your area who has equipment that flies right and ask for their help. We don't even know what Hexa you have. But when you are ready, use the gains in the back of NAZA manual and pick one that is close to the size/weight of your aircraft. That should get you flying fairly well. If not, you haven't found the problem. I don't even know if the Hexa was EVER flying right. If it flew right at one time, what made it change? Was it right after you hit a wall? Too many variables and unknowns for me to be of any help.

XPFTP

why cut them at all . just clean the ends up lil sandpaper . and soilder them togther.. saves someone from damagin there esc.. and this way you can be sure the motors are spinning the right way ..

heliscat

collective pilot
The point is that these ESC's function at such a high frequency that even a millisecond of 0 continuity will disrupt operation. Eliminate any possibility of an air gap by fusing an electrical connection between the ESC and the motors. I had such a severe glitch, soldering the motor wires cured it. Night and day difference.

See attached for example of glitch over pacific ocean

Hi guys today I did few test flights with my Naza hexa rotor but it was keep glitching first to the front few times then to the end left side I donot know what is wrong some one suggest that it could be the bullet connector but just want make sure if that is the case so want to ask u guys for help and if u guys think that that is the one then is there any easy way to find out the defective bullet connector with out tearing each one is there any tool to test each one individually thanks in advance

would you think it might be the gain setting if so what is the best gain setting i know it cannot be the same but still

Is this the Naza v1 with 3,12 firmware? I've seen a few reports out there on the forums suggesting of issues with hexa's. Is this a brand new setup? Also i applied a strip of black tape to each side of the Naza to block out sun light which apparently confuses the barometer. Vibes are a killer for stability too! Balance your props & motors first. If you've done all this already tell me to jump.

paktazh

Is this the Naza v1 with 3,12 firmware? I've seen a few reports out there on the forums suggesting of issues with hexa's. Is this a brand new setup? Also i applied a strip of black tape to each side of the Naza to block out sun light which apparently confuses the barometer. Vibes are a killer for stability too! Balance your props & motors first. If you've done all this already tell me to jump.

Regarding the motor and prop balancing how u do that ????

Regarding the motor and prop balancing how u do that ????

I'm not saying that this will fix your particular issue, for the reason I gave before, but if you haven't balanced your motors/props, it's worth doing so, and this video is just one way of doing it. You can also use the vibartion meter on a smart phone to do the same thing really. MC's hate vibes, and so do GoPro's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqtUSSdf8b4

I forgot to ask, did you tell us that your hex worked fine in the begining? Or has it had this issue from day 1? I think the rebuild advice is sound, as it forces you to look at every possible point of failure, including the firmware. Recommendation: SOlder the ESC's only if you are competent with an iron, bullets are always better than crap soldered joints! :nevreness:

cabojay

Hi, After reading this thread i have had the same problem. After the last DJI update on firmware i too am getting some glitching, I had no problem my 450 flew great, Then i upgrade the firmware and redid all the settings. Now i am getting when flying the right front arm will dip down and the quad doesn't hold att any more keeps jumping up and down. Haven't been happy with the upgrade at all. Also the quad doesn't take off until about 50% throttle nothing till then. just in kind of a idle then really starts to go.This quad flew great until the upgrade ni issues with anything. Is there a way to go back to the old firmware? Thanks Jay

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Did you reset the Naza to defaults and insert your setting by hand? It does tell you to do this when upgrading, you may want to write down your settings and reset to defaults.