DJI iOSD Release Video on OSD

VINHEX

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K70OzLxms8A

I'm confused when they call it mark II is this hardware or just firmware? I would be peed off if they have released hardware. Not long had mine.. If DJI are starting to behave like apple I'm dropping them..

Vin
DJI F550, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Graupner 10x5 e-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, Bank balance 0.00
DJI iOSD

nytram

I understand there was some sort of issue at the same time as the GPS upgrade, I was going to get one from my dealer and he said they were on recall as well. I'm not sure if the ins and outs as I'm still using my none dji OSD ...

Aviator

I know mine doesn`t always work as it should, not had it long either? I cannot find any software to upgrade it... Looks like the other functions are only for the MKII I hope this is not the case..

chuckwow

So I cannot find the software that was used in the video , nor do I see it on the dji website. Where / how do I obtain it?

chuckwow

The video was the one that was on the dji site on the download pull down in the OSD section .
I looked at the video a couple of days and I think the one today (which has a 1/28/12 date) is an updated version.

Aviator

You probably get a CD when you buy the MKII OSD with the software needed? a bit like the datalink radio

VINHEX

I've spoken to a supplier and they don't have much info other than that it sounds like a firmware update which makes it a mark 2 so fingers crossed the old to the new.

Aviator

Look on DJI website the MK1 that we have will remain as is and the MK2 will benefit from firmware upgrades and assistant software.. I know the MK1 has sd card installed and usb port so there must be some way of upgrading?

VINHEX

This was were I was confused as when I purchased the mark 1 as they say it was upgradable released mark 1 in August and bring out mark 2 in December. Not impressed if cant so what the mark 2 can do. Will wait and see have emailed dji for some info will post reply once received.

Tahoe Ed

MK II - What's under the Hood.

I just received a iOSD MK II and I thought that many of you would like to see inside the case and compare the MK I with the MK II.

The first picture shows the exteriors of the cases. The only difference is the MK II on the new model

The next picture is of the cases opened. The MK I is a v4 version of the board and the MK II is v5. There are some slight differences in the components, but since I am not an electronics engineer or designer I could not tell the reasons for the changes.

On the MK II you can see on the bottom of the board there is a conformal coating that is similar to what DJI used on the S800 escs. Also they have added a coating over the power leads and a blob on the side of the SD card. In the MK I this is absent and the SD card is easily accessible. Not so with the MK II. I was however, able to confirm that both the MK I and the MK II use the same 4GB SD cards.

DJI's assertion that either version will be able to be upgraded to the logging function seems, at least based on the hardware, feasible. I do not have any software to access the features of the iOSD so right now it is just another unit with the exception that the SOA card is no longer necessary. Probably the reason for some of the changes to the components.

As soon as I get the software, I will post some impressions. I also want to see if the MK I is easily upgradable

View attachment 8533View attachment 8534View attachment 8535View attachment 8536View attachment 8537View attachment 8538View attachment 8539

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:

Not very nice of DJI to rush an unfinished iOSD to market then release a working Mark II two months after! Were is the return and exchange program. My UK dealer stopped answering my emails as soon as I mentioned an SAO adapter.
Lets wait and see what Mark III brings to the table...

Aviator

I just received a iOSD MK II and I thought that many of you would like to see inside the case and compare the MK I with the MK II.

The first picture shows the exteriors of the cases. The only difference is the MK II on the new model

The next picture is of the cases opened. The MK I is a v4 version of the board and the MK II is v5. There are some slight differences in the components, but since I am not an electronics engineer or designer I could not tell the reasons for the changes.

On the MK II you can see on the bottom of the board there is a conformal coating that is similar to what DJI used on the S800 escs. Also they have added a coating over the power leads and a blob on the side of the SD card. In the MK I this is absent and the SD card is easily accessible. Not so with the MK II. I was however, able to confirm that both the MK I and the MK II use the same 4GB SD cards.

DJI's assertion that either version will be able to be upgraded to the logging function seems, at least based on the hardware, feasible. I do not have any software to access the features of the iOSD so right now it is just another unit with the exception that the SOA card is no longer necessary. Probably the reason for some of the changes to the components.

As soon as I get the software, I will post some impressions. I also want to see if the MK I is easily upgradable

View attachment 11113View attachment 11114View attachment 11115View attachment 11116View attachment 11117View attachment 11118View attachment 11119

It`s not so easy to tell but looking at those pictures, I would say there shouldn`t be any reason why the MK1 cannot do the same as MK2? with a firmware upgrade

chuckwow

Well I sent a note to DJI asking how to get the software that is used in the video on their site. I received a response below. Apparently it has not been released as of yet. So we wait and see

The software is not released yet. Pls wait for a few more days.

Best regards,

DJI Innovations

Tahoe Ed

I got the software and installed it on my computer. First I connected my MK I, I was instructed to update my software, however, there were no updates available. So for now the upgrade path for the MK I is an unknown. I connected the MK II, plug and play since the two share the same connections. The software recognized the MK II and when I pressed the icon for Data Log I was instructed that the MK II would disconnect and then act as a removable drive. My XP netbook then installed the drivers to access the SD card. Until I take a flight I will not have any data. More info and video to come.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
This weekend we tested a freshly assembled S800 of a friend of mine. Took it out for 4 flighta to check things out and get the new lipos warmed up for the future tasks.

I thought it would be a nice idea to hook up the IOSD MarkII primarily to get infos from the system state etc. and to get familiar with the logging.

Some logs and stuff we were able to conclude from them:

Motors Outputs:

showatt.php

From this we were able to conclude that some motors seem to be working harder than others or at least the statment that the output was higher is true.

showatt.php

This made complet sense, since only the Lipo was mounted thus more weight in the back M1 M2 were working less than M5 M6.

showatt.php

This one puzzled us a little sine the copter actually seemed to be balanced left to right. But we might have to check on this again.

showatt.php

Number of SATs during flight when they dropped and how they build up.

showatt.php

showatt.php

showatt.php

Voltage reading. Probably interesting if it comes to strange behavior or a crashes, which were not caused by the pilot.

showatt.php

Acc reading of all axis. For us it was interesting to see if there was a general drift in the axis due to the low temperatures. I guess though since we let the copter rest outside for quite a while it got used to the temps and not drift was seen. Although i dint understand the jump of one of the axis at the beginning.

showatt.php

Just standard Height absolute height.

I am actually enjoying the possibility to final get some date out of the WKM system.

One two thing additionally would be great maybe for further assistant realeases.

Long Latitude data are being logged, but they can't be exported to be used in any way. It would be cool if we could use them with maps or if the IOSD view app could map your patch on a map.

In general for analysis your system it would be nice if the flight status it logged. Example which flight mode you were in Manual Attitude mode or GPS, were there any white flashed compare them and map them to other infos and see what the reason could be etc.

Regards

Boris

VINHEX

DJI said the firmware will be released for the iOSD mrk 1 in two weeks, three weeks ago.. Keeping looking at the site to see but nothing as yet. I hope this does the same, apparently only difference is abilty to connect types of camera.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
DJI said the firmware will be released for the iOSD mrk 1 in two weeks, three weeks ago.. Keeping looking at the site to see but nothing as yet. I hope this does the same, apparently only difference is abilty to connect types of camera.

Japp as far as i know V1 IOSD does the same. It has the SD card in it thats for sure and i am pretty sure they didn't put it in for nothing. It not only the FW that has to be release it the assistant also. I only have a test version at the moment. #
But better it take a little longer and everything works.

Boris

VINHEX

Agree BorisS just building a new frame and would have loved it to get data as well.. Hey ho, it will come soon I'm sure.