New to quads,mis this a good setup

JG-rn

i only mess with 4s..... but the same principle applies across the cell counts
Oh ok I thought you were talking about the 3s.

For my setup do you think the 4s would be a good fit? T motor and 9" graupner props.

For a 4000mah, the 4s is about 125 grams heavier then the 3s. Is the extra weight worth the extra cell?

still trying to understand the benefits/disadvantage between 3s/4s.

kloner

Aerial DP
it would depend on the weight. Des is your man, he ran them on that rig recently. in general 3s need bigger props and stability goes away but you get a little longer flights on 3s 10"

DesJardins

Here is my take after messing with props, packs in parallel...etc

How long of a flight time are you really looking to get & are your goals smooth FPV, LOS flying, aggressive flying?

JG-rn

Here is my take after messing with props, packs in parallel...etc

How long of a flight time are you really looking to get & are your goals smooth FPV, LOS flying, aggressive flying?
Des,

I'd like to get as long as possible flight time without bogging down the quad with a crazy heavy lipo. I guess I'm looking for, I don't know, 10-12+ minutes if possible. Would love something close to 15 min but not sure if that's possible. I'd be happy with 10+.

As far as flying style, I suppose not extremely aggressive nor extremely conservative. I would like smooth FPV, yes.

i don't plan on loading a gopro on board. Just the fpv gear listed earlier.

DesJardins

Perfect, when I get out of the office I'll hit you up and respond.
10min is easy on the right 3S pack especially if you're not going to be agressive and need the 4S power.

I'm still on 3S too

JG-rn

Perfect, when I get out of the office I'll hit you up and respond.
10min is easy on the right 3S pack especially if you're not going to be agressive and need the 4S power.

I'm still on 3S too
Awesome, thanks bud! Both you guys have been a great help.

JG-rn

Des, besides the battery situation, I have one other concern.

So, tony at RC-drones is building, tuning, test flying the quad before he sends it to me next week. I really wanted him to put together my first quad, and then I can learn by tinkering with it and by the time I'm ready for another, I should be able to put it together no problem.

Now to my concern. After I add the fpv gear, adjustments in the software are going to be have to be made?

How big of a deal is it to make the adjustments if they need to be made?

Also, I'm a Mac user, and I do have parallels but it runs ungodly slow for some reason but I think(hope) I can use it for adjusting the naza software.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

Very small adjustment a to gain controls might be needed after adding FPV gear but that will be simple.

I'm a Mac user as well & use bootcamp.
The Assistant software isn't crazy so you should be ok

JG-rn

Des,

Quick question for you. What did you use to route the antenna in back of your f450? I like the look of the way it comes up in a V. Tony at RC-drones just ran an antenna down two arms of the quad and I don't like the look. Would like to do what you did.

JG-rn

One other thing Des,

Im ordering my fpv setup today. I'm going with the 600 camera, I've read that I should order a 2.8mm lens as this is good for multi copters?

also, rmrc is telling me to go with the blubeam whip antenna set after I told them I was interested in the CW combo. Should I stay with the CW?