Dji datalink

atver

Chris88, thank you for your detailed Windows 7 Google Earth map fix for Ground Station. It solved mine and a friends Windows 7 map problem that suddenly appeared. I learned that the hosts file is designed to block websites. I'm wondering how this problem is being created.

Thanks,
Jim

There is a batch file that runs each time you install the google earth plugin on the GCS software that adds the ip and domain name to your hosts file.

Why?
I haven't a clue!

G

nytram

Host files are not there to block web sites there there to resolve addresses seldom used these days.. This issue looks like dji have chosen to use on particular google server and it's not working! Thus we need to remove the line...

atver

Host files are not there to block web sites there there to resolve addresses seldom used these days.. This issue looks like dji have chosen to use on particular google server and it's not working! Thus we need to remove the line...
Thanks for your education. Sounds like I need to constantly monitor my hosts file after using Ground Station to prevent this as experienced problem from happening again.Jim

M'ck'y

autolanded before second waypoint.

Hey guys,

I tried my first waypoint flight and the s800 took off, went to the first waypoint and started making way for the next waypoint but landed before reaching the next wp which was 300m further. It landed about 150 m away, between the first and second wp. Any idea why this could have happened? Luckily nothing damaged. I went through the log and cannot find anything.

When I got to the s800, i checked the batteries first thing and all was ok, I flew for another 10 mins after that on that same pack. GPS was still strong. It did have to go over a small hill. Offset was set to the recommended offset on height option.
cheers.

Dudez

Has anyone installed GCS on Netbook Windows7 Starter? Google earth won't open and keeps coming back with "Network is not good or Plugin version is not matched". I have deleted the line in Hosts file and also flush the dns.
I can run GCS google earth with no problems in Windows7 32 and 64bit.

Anyone has suggestion on how to make it work on Netbook Windows7 Starter?

Thanks

Pablo74

Has anyone installed GCS on Netbook Windows7 Starter? Google earth won't open and keeps coming back with "Network is not good or Plugin version is not matched". I have deleted the line in Hosts file and also flush the dns.

Thanks

I do not have datalink but try to run it in xp compatible mode sp 3
with right button mouse in file .exe

nytram

Hi

We found this to be a issue with the host file. You need to remove the google line out if it... It's further up in the topic

Martyn

Dale UK

Thanks

Dudez - if you are still having this problem I might be able to help - let me know :)

Dudez

Dudez - if you are still having this problem I might be able to help - let me know :)

Hi Dale

I managed to connect the GCS to the craft after rebooting EVERYTHING couple of time :) as we all know, "Reboot" often fix issues.

BUT it is not reliable - I still get the the Permission Denied message eventhough I was connected and played with Simulation Mode earlier.

Do you use a netbook with Win7 Starter successfully?

Thanks

Dudez

I still get the Permission Denied on my XP laptop.
On the info tab on the WKM Software assistant, Single waypoint is ENABLED.

Anyone had this issues before?

Thanks

RPInnovationsSG

RP Innovations SG
Anyone having problems when they connect the datalink usb to computer or notebook? I get USB Powersurge and to reset computer. (Still get the same error message)

Even when only 1 USB is plugged in.

khardi12volt

http://antimedia.no/
Hi,
I cant get my "handshake" to complete.. I think the problem is that i cant find the right com port. In GS it does not come up.. I use Windows 7 home premium. Can anyone please give me some pointers?

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
khardi12volt,
When you connect to the link does the PC make an "connection" sound indicating it finds the USB connected device?
This would be with or without groundstation open.
In groundstation with the Link connected, in the window next to the connect button are there options for other COM ports?
Which COM port shows in the window?

khardi12volt

http://antimedia.no/
Yes it makes the connection sound. Whit and whitout GS open. Thats the problem ( i think), there is no com port in the window. I have installed the sofware and drivers..

Thanks for helping Andrew!

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
The PC is finding the link then.
Are you able to see any COM options in the little view box next to the connect button in GS? Are you able to click on the window and see COM port options?
It should show at least 1.