Wookong-M Firmware v5.10

Tomstoy2

It's not a WKM thing but a display setting in your cpu. Try going to display and change your settings, see if that does it?

Aviator

Since upgrading to 5.10 I no longer have any use of the throttle and rudder.. Meaning I cannot arm the motors. Anyone else have this problem?
O.K so here is my description of the problem
After updating to firmware 5.10 I have lost response from the throttle and rudder channels, if I cycle through Traditional Dbus and ppm, then back to traditional functionality is restored until the power of the wkm is cycled then there is no output from throttle and rudder meaning motors cannot be armed neither can the machine be flown? I have tried with a Spectrum transmitter and receiver also and the same problem exists. I am using a Futaba 10c with Frsky module, I have scanned the forums and it seems others are having the same problem of not being able to arm motors? I have no further information than that? So whether it is the same problem? Or they are just doing it wrong? Cannot be confirmed as of yet
Ok it would appear that I am the only one having this problem? Is anyone else using an Octo? maybe that is causing problems? with all the ports used up?

fritz99

Hello !

I dont get any connection from my groundstation with the copter.
drivers are installed (com11)
single waypoint is enabled
groundstation can load google earth map.

but when I try to connect it fails.

Please help.

Fritz

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok it would appear that I am the only one having this problem? Is anyone else using an Octo? maybe that is causing problems? with all the ports used up?

Have you calibrated the sticks in the TX screen? In that screen is there movement in all channels? Do you use your TX with any other type of model? if so do they work on that?

Other than that I would unistall the assistant and re-install it

Dave

Aviator

Have you calibrated the sticks in the TX screen? In that screen is there movement in all channels? Do you use your TX with any other type of model? if so do they work on that?

Other than that I would unistall the assistant and re-install it

Dave
Like I said in the above post, there is only movement on the elevator and aileron channels and none in the throttle rudder unless i click through dbus etc and back to traditional, then everything works and I could fly if I thought it was a good idea? and have lifted off the ground to make sure. But as soon as the lipos are unplugged and then plugged back in I have the same problem back. I have tried 3 different trannys and receivers now, all of different makes... And still have this problem, I am starting to think it is a problem with my wkm?

DennyR

What do you want to know....it's a S800 :tennis:

I can think of the obvious questions:
Batteries are 2x 6S 5800
The total flying weight is 7.1kg
50 Waypoint down link
The discs under the speed controllers....when there was the talk about hot ESCs, I machined these heat sinks and attached them. I have done the re-work on the ESCs and the heat sinks are not required.....BUT, I attached them with thermal epoxy and can't get them off...so 120 grams of wasted weight!! :shame:
I have added a quick removable tail fin with very high intensity nav lights controlled from my TX. This is purely for my orientation purposes and has no effect on flight performance. Maybe another 400 grams total with small 3S Lipo.
This was my first test flight with the Zenmuse......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vEbtt3DAw

I see in your video that you have a small amount of vibration which I have also seen on the S800 I am working on that to find a solution.

DaveM

Like I said in the above post, there is only movement on the elevator and aileron channels and none in the throttle rudder unless i click through dbus etc and back to traditional, then everything works and I could fly if I thought it was a good idea? and have lifted off the ground to make sure. But as soon as the lipos are unplugged and then plugged back in I have the same problem back. I have tried 3 different trannys and receivers now, all of different makes... And still have this problem, I am starting to think it is a problem with my wkm?

Is it possible that you could rollback to the previous version of the firmware that was working for you ?
and try that.

Dave

Aviator

Is it possible that you could rollback to the previous version of the firmware that was working for you ?
and try that.

Dave
That is something I have considered, but actually doing it? I dont think is possible? Unless someone can show me otherwise?

DaveM

Any one know what intelligent failsafe go home is? Spose I best go RTFM!

The way I read it was, if your maximum flying altitude for that flight is greater than 20m, say 30m, it will
record this for the failsafe altitude and return home at that level.

Dave

DaveM

That is something I have considered, but actually doing it? I dont think is possible? Unless someone can show me otherwise?

What was the previous version that worked OK, and do you still have the assistant software for that version ?

I had written down a procedure for doing it that I found on here, never tried it myself, but
thought I may need to someday.

Dave

rcmike

I had same problem. You need to change your windows fonts to small size ( 100%) in your display settings

That did it! Thanks! Oddly enough though I tried that before and it didn't work. Now the only problem is my text is microscopic. :( I have good eyes but man, that is small.

First thing i noticed last nihht about the new flight alg.. Is on fast decent it didnt shake much at all, nice work. As far as stability in flight seems good but it was dark so i could only see my led's but they seemed solid lol.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone using the new assistant on windoz7?

Mine will work for a short time then I get a screen saying the programm has stopped working. If I unplug the wkm and relaunch the programme its ok. I can then plug in the wKM and make a few altersations to the settings then the programme quits again. I have unisnalled the programme and redownloaded it and installed it again but same tghing happens. Its my oldest WKM ansd am wondering if the issues with the older units are affecting the latest assistant. I ave not tried any of my newer FC's yet as I wanted to evaluate the new fimeware before swapping my other two newer ones to 5.10

I aint a windoz guy and have w7 running under bootcamp on my mac. On my older mac running XP I have no issues with the older assistants.

Any advice

Dave

skivvie

POI feature question. So once you are circling your POI... I know you have altitude control... what about pitch/radius? Would be amazing to be able to start on a tight circle and slowly increase the radius as you circle!

Ouuchhh! my hexa acting weird on start up. Motors are not spinning and starting up at the same time, one motor won't start at stick combination start up until I put the throttle 20%.
But it's ok when I switched back to older version. By the way I'm using Gaui Scorpion 960KV motors and Gaui 18A ESC. Too bad I think I need to change all ESC.