Wookong-M Firmware v5.10

skivvie

Ouuchhh! my hexa acting weird on start up. Motors are not spinning and starting up at the same time, one motor won't start at stick combination start up until I put the throttle 20%.
But it's ok when I switched back to older version. By the way I'm using Gaui Scorpion 960KV motors and Gaui 18A ESC. Too bad I think I need to change all ESC.

Did you try and increase your motor idle speed (in the motor mixer panel of the DJI assistant software)?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Dave, I did have a few crashes on the software now that I think about it. but just starting it back up was ok. No big deal to me as long as she flies right, and she did.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
try recalibrating the esc's to your tx. I had the same issues with 5.08. I still have one motor that deos not start but at least it does when throttle appliesd and have flow a goodly few hours with no problem

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave, I did have a few crashes on the software now that I think about it. but just starting it back up was ok. No big deal to me as long as she flies right, and she did.

Aye up Yuri are you running W7? on a MAc? Bootcamp? I still have my old MBP with xp on it so I am going to try that.
Q. Can you have two versions of the Assistant on the PC?

DAve

geoffreyb

Since upgrading to 5.10 I no longer have any use of the throttle and rudder.. Meaning I cannot arm the motors. Anyone else have this problem?
O.K so here is my description of the problem
After updating to firmware 5.10 I have lost response from the throttle and rudder channels, if I cycle through Traditional Dbus and ppm, then back to traditional functionality is restored until the power of the wkm is cycled then there is no output from throttle and rudder meaning motors cannot be armed neither can the machine be flown? I have tried with a Spectrum transmitter and receiver also and the same problem exists. I am using a Futaba 10c with Frsky module, I have scanned the forums and it seems others are having the same problem of not being able to arm motors? I have no further information than that? So whether it is the same problem? Or they are just doing it wrong? Cannot be confirmed as of yet

Hi
i am also having the same issue. i just updated my wkm from 4.08 to 4.10
i am unable to controll the left stick (T and R)
my setup
Skyjib x8
graupner mx 20 (v1.120)
graupner gr-24 (3a_40)
turnigy plush 80
axi 4120/20
6s lipo

anyone have a solution?
how about downgrading the software back to 4.08?

any help would be appreciated

Dreamweaver

Anyone using the new assistant on windoz7?

Mine will work for a short time then I get a screen saying the programm has stopped working. If I unplug the wkm and relaunch the programme its ok. I can then plug in the wKM and make a few altersations to the settings then the programme quits again. I have unisnalled the programme and redownloaded it and installed it again but same tghing happens. Its my oldest WKM ansd am wondering if the issues with the older units are affecting the latest assistant. I ave not tried any of my newer FC's yet as I wanted to evaluate the new fimeware before swapping my other two newer ones to 5.10

I aint a windoz guy and have w7 running under bootcamp on my mac. On my older mac running XP I have no issues with the older assistants.

Any advice

Dave

I am and had the same issue (force closing app) when changing the new control mode.

Assistant would lock up but i kept trying and on the 3rd time it held and was able to write the changes.

DJI will need to find that bug.

~Mike

Dreamweaver

POI feature question. So once you are circling your POI... I know you have altitude control... what about pitch/radius? Would be amazing to be able to start on a tight circle and slowly increase the radius as you circle!

I think you can...got to play with it a little before the thunder storms set it last night.

POI is just like HL mode you can control any direction around that point.

~Mike

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Well, after reading this.....I will wait to update.
All is working great. Why upset the apple cart for POI.

I will wait for you all to work out the bugs. I'm Chicken I guess.

Andrew

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am and had the same issue (force closing app) when changing the new control mode.

Assistant would lock up but i kept trying and on the 3rd time it held and was able to write the changes.

DJI will need to find that bug.

~Mike

Thanks Mike.. Thought it was me being a windoz dummy!

It seems to have settled down a bit now. It certainly does not like having the copter pluged in before the assistant is started. Other than that its great on my 450. going to try the POI tonight if it stops raining.. Its windy as hell here but she flew just fine with rock solid hold. I have got a bit of a wobble when coming down fast but Ill sort that out with the gains. As I have no camera gimbal on this I will be setting my come home on the gear switch of my DX8 and give that a whirl..

Dave

Dewster

Return to Home issue:

Yesterday I tested the return to home feature and my quad DJI F450 performed flawlessly. Today was another story. It left....a bad taste in my mouth...

I powered my craft and waited for it to record it's home position. After receiving the green flashing strobe the craft indicated a solid GPS lock (only purple light flashing). I flew the craft approximately 200 feet from it's home location. I left the craft in GPS Attitude mode during the flight and let it hover in position for approximately a minute. The craft maintained a solid hover position. I activated the return to home feature and watch the quad return to it's launch site and begin to descend. During it's decent the craft started circling while trying to fix on it's launch position. The circles got a little wild so I wanted to retake control of the craft. I put the Return to Home switch into Standby mode but was unable to regain control of the craft.

I tried turning the transmitter off after no response from the controls and the craft went into failsafe mode and climbed out of it's decent and began circling again trying to find it's spot to land. I had no control over the craft during this event. The craft kept circling until it finally hit a small bush and tilted onto it's side.

Has anyone experienced loss of flight control during an automated sequence? This scared the $%^& out of me. I see I'm going to have to take a broom stick with me so that I can knock the craft down if need be during it's wild descent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Hi Dave
I uploaded 5.10 this morning and had a dozen flights on it with both the S800 and my F1 535. It took some bottle to test the return to home but it climbed to twenty meters flew back and started it's descent. At which point I decided to switch back and land myself. But I was a passenger as it ignored my commands until it had completed the landing.

It seems to do what it says on the box. I have a very accomplished Russian aerial photographer here for a weeks training and he just loves the IOC mode. I hate it, but if you learn that way from the start I guess it is another plus for MR's over conventional helis. The wind was pretty choppy today so I think the new firmware is doing a good job.

I did notice that the Assistant crashed a couple of times when setting up the X2 X3 channels

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you try and increase your motor idle speed (in the motor mixer panel of the DJI assistant software)?

Yes I did, in fact I also re-calibrated all esc but still unsuccessful.
Switched back to old version for now I don't wanna risk my hex flying with one motor does not spin on start up.. :(

DennyR

Yes I did, in fact I also re-calibrated all esc but still unsuccessful.
Switched back to old version for now I don't wanna risk my hex flying with one motor does not spin on start up.. :(

I did see that problem with one motor. It was resolved when I completed the whole ESC programming task. Could have been a wrong start mode, brake or something like that. I think is it for sure in the ESC.

Tomstoy2

Lol. There's an idea for the contest, "flying pinata"!

Damn, now that IS scary! Was so looking forward to this release,,, but afraid is will be like the 5.06, and will then have to wait for the corrected bugs version to be released.
5.08 is flying just fine for me right now.

Can't wait to see what the results of this one will be.

Blacksails

I'm confused by the chinglish manual on the POI feature.

For Example:

I wish the craft to circle a tree in the middle of a field.
I fly above it and save the home position above that tree by flicking the switch rapidly a few times.
I then fly away between 5m - 500m and activate POI.
The craft then circles the tree/POI at the set distance.

What happens if TX signal is lost or something else goes wrong at this point and failsafe is activated? Does the craft use the new home point as the failsafe landing position and attempt to land on top of the tree which was the POI?

Or, does the WKM save the POI as a seperate GPS location and still return to the take off position if failsafe activates?

Also, has the new "flight algorithm" really made much difference? I'm flying 5.02 at the moment and have no problems apart from twitchyness in wind, and the annoying problem of having to under prop for higher disc loadings.

plingboot

just tried to set up with an ezuhf receiver in ppm mode.

the tx monitor is showing that its getting a signal, but the 4 control channels are all mixed up, throttle on elevator, elevator on aileron etc.

anyone got any thoughts?

DaveM

I'm confused by the chinglish manual on the POI feature.

For Example:

I wish the craft to circle a tree in the middle of a field.
I fly above it and save the home position above that tree by flicking the switch rapidly a few times.
I then fly away between 5m - 500m and activate POI.
The craft then circles the tree/POI at the set distance.

What happens if TX signal is lost or something else goes wrong at this point and failsafe is activated? Does the craft use the new home point as the failsafe landing position and attempt to land on top of the tree which was the POI?

Or, does the WKM save the POI as a seperate GPS location and still return to the take off position if failsafe activates?

Also, has the new "flight algorithm" really made much difference? I'm flying 5.02 at the moment and have no problems apart from twitchyness in wind, and the annoying problem of having to under prop for higher disc loadings.

It saves the POI as a different location, as long as you do the switching correctly :nevreness:

An example using Control mode 3
Homelock - POI - OFF

To set new home/homelock position switch between POI and Homelock 3-5 times

To set POI position switch between OFF and POI 3-5 times

Think I may need to take the manual with me for a while :)

Dave

thundead

Gps pos hold completely screwed

Hey all,
just updated to the 5.10 fw and went for a test flight. The gimbal is indeed much better than previous versions but my gps atti mode is completely screwed! drifting in all directions. Worked perfectly fine in the prev version. anyone experience this ? Also have you kept your gains or set everything back to default ?

Cheers.