DJI A2 and Spektrum TX systems

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So.. all my TX kit is Spektrum.

I cant seem to get the A2 to see the Satellite receiver. I have bound it to a AR8000 as DSM2 at both 11 and 22ms frame rates but no joy. The assistant just does not see the satellite..

Any one got it up and running on Spektrum?

Dave

Zzr

I have the same problem. I have just ordered a new Futaba 18MZ.

I cant seem to get the A2 to see the Satellite receiver. I have bound it to a AR8000 as DSM2 at both 11 and 22ms frame rates but no joy. The assistant just does not see the satellite..

Dave

Phil550

Me too, except with DX8, AR8000 and Naza V1....

Dave

deluge2

No, these issues relate to the newly released and now shipping DJI A2 flight controller (~successor to WKM). The question is whether there is a problem that needs to be fixed via firmware (or hdw), or whether there is some poorly documented, or undocumented, limitation or trick to using Spektrum tech.

Steve

Is this because of an upgrade,?
I have Dx8 and nazza V1 and never had problems,Ar8000.and Tm1000.

Tahoe Ed

Mine works flawlessly with my Futaba but I wanted the option to use my JR9503. Unfortunately I only have a single DSM2 so I tried the DSMX and got no connection. I ordered 2 new DSM2 and will have them by Thursday to see if they will bind. After that I do not know what to do.

Zzr

Does A2 require to binding with two of DSM2? Today I recently got Futaba 18MZ. Too easy to binding quickly. Nice maps channels.
Mine works flawlessly with my Futaba but I wanted the option to use my JR9503. Unfortunately I only have a single DSM2 so I tried the DSMX and got no connection. I ordered 2 new DSM2 and will have them by Thursday to see if they will bind. After that I do not know what to do.

Tahoe Ed

That is my understanding. I got the DSMX Rx's to bind briefly then got an error message and the receivers were disconnected. I will try again on Thursday.

Tahoe Ed

I got my A2 connected to my DSM2 Satellites. You have to connect to Assistant via usb, do not connect the lipo. Set to DSM2 in Assistant and then do the bind. Make sure that you watch the channel mapping. Set your channels in your Tx to normal. Then adjust them in Assistant. I am using a JR9503 and T, A, E, R, U are set up for channels 1-5 in that order. Check in Assistant that they are moving accordingly. I mapped U, the Gear channel to Flaps, that way it mirrors the rest of my set ups. My IOC is on Aux2 and unfortunately I was only able to map the RTH to the right slider. This is not a DJI issue but a limitation of my Tx. If you have a DX18 you may have more options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I got my A2 connected to my DSM2 Satellites. You have to connect to Assistant via usb, do not connect the lipo. Set to DSM2 in Assistant and then do the bind. Make sure that you watch the channel mapping. Set your channels in your Tx to normal. Then adjust them in Assistant. I am using a JR9503 and T, A, E, R, U are set up for channels 1-5 in that order. Check in Assistant that they are moving accordingly. I mapped U, the Gear channel to Flaps, that way it mirrors the rest of my set ups. My IOC is on Aux2 and unfortunately I was only able to map the RTH to the right slider. This is not a DJI issue but a limitation of my Tx. If you have a DX18 you may have more options.

Nice one ED.. I thought I had tried everything but Ill give your step by step ago

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ed are your satelites JR ones.. could you send me a link to them. All the Spektrum ones I have I think are DSMX, not sure if they will work Andy suggested the older spektrum ones may but not sure where to get then from

SO how many channels it total can you map?

Dave

Tahoe Ed

Dave,

I think that right now I am getting 7, however, I think that I could get one more. Right now I cannot get Aux 1 to work.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Looks like there is a new firmware to get over this released today!!!

And new instructions in the new quick start guide. Shame it was not included before inorderedca Futaba. The question now is what about telemetry? How are we supposed to linknteletetry modules like the TM1000 so we can see pack voltage and temperstures? Guess we will have to wait for the S-Bus converter and still stick on a traditional receiver. Or go for something like the eagle tree system with separate monitor. What a pain!

Why can't things be as simple as a mac?!

DAVE

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Although DJI have included a new bit in the new quick start guide for binding the Spektrum satellites top the new A2 it still does not work with the satellites that came with my DX18 or in fact any Spektrum radio I have.

It does not say if ALL Spektrum satellites are compatible. NOR does it say use only one or two.

I did manage to get one satellite blinking and its seemed to bind by going to a solid orange light biut the radio reported binf failure.

THIS IS CRAP!
For what is supposed to be the most advanced flight control system it should be able to do what they claim. Right now its a granfd of junk.

DJI. ROLL YOUR SLEEVES UP AND SORT THIS OUT. I WILL KEEP THIS THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE FORMUM TILL ITS SORTED

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave,

I think that right now I am getting 7, however, I think that I could get one more. Right now I cannot get Aux 1 to work.

ED did you bind one or two satellites?
At what frame rate 11 or 22 ms?
is the satellite you bound JUST DSM2 or Both DSM2 and DSMX?

Dave

jazzboy

This is kind of weird as both my Skookum and Vbar heli controllers both had DSMX satellite capability a year ago. Both companies are not as large as DJI so the lack of DSMX is bizarre.