Aeronavics / Droidworx CX4 and all related to this frame

Caju

Hello, guys!
What do think about using Tiger Motor MT3506-25 in coaxial configuration?
This motor has a huge efficiency, more than 15.
On 50% of throttle it has a 410 gr. of thrust and only 1.8A. Prop: APC 13/4.
I need to build a copter for long FPV flights and small on-board camera (GoPro3).

I´m going with MT4006-13 single engines. searching for long flights but will have one termal and small ccd cam
You should find the total weight of your machine and gear first, after this you will be able to find the better motors for you

elossam

Razzil, do you have the possibility to attach an Eagle tree recorder or simmilar and updolad a discharging graphic of a 25 min flight?

2.35kg, not much more to say on the specs, everything else is in the signature. No crazy flying or anything, just tweeking the gps and return to home this past weekend. 18 minutes one flight, then a little over 6 on the second. Popped it up in the air the third time and my battery alarm went off shortly after. So a little over 25 minutes. I don't know much about battery quality, but I'm thinking its the MaxAmps.

Back to the motors, those are a perfect match for this machine, loads of punch, they never over-heat, a little pricey, but you get what you pay for I guess.

I had it weighing at 2.6kg on 10 inch props in the past and I found they got little warm. I've since switched to 11's and ditched the video tx battery and have it wired into the harness now so I'm lighter. Increased my flight times considerably. I'm not a crazy flyer by no means. Sorry for the non-droidworx landering gear. Wanted a quick pull-down system to reduce the size when carrying it on the kitbag. V2 of the CX has removable landing gear now that looks pretty good.

View attachment 9094 View attachment 9095

elossam

In my bench test a 2217/20 with a graupner 11x5 ,wich looks like the one you used throws no less than 4.4A on 4S for 530 gr on a single engine (69W at 15.8V). Your setup requires 2350gr/4 engines = 587gr/engines but far away from increasing the power requirements your sistem lowered them down to something close to 47W/engine wich is about 3A engine suposing you dried the entire battery (6000 mah) which obviously you can´t because the voltage drops to a level where the flight is impossible. A 2217/20 show 47W with about 350-375 gr/engine pull, way too low numbers for you CX. I´m not able to find a coherent explanation to your numbers. I´m not telling they are not true, I wish I get them and try to figure how. The bench test I got were later checked in flight and seems to be right.

Razzil

2.35kg is my total weight, and I've been using a lipo alarm to tell me when the battery is hitting the low point. I've been noticing it more so now but I'm getting exactly 18 to 19 minutes of flight time on each battery. (have two) I haven't been able to record the EzOSD before, but I've recently got one of those EasyCap USB-to-Composite adapters that I've been planning on setting up for the EzOSD capture. I can swear I was getting 25 minutes before, but it was pretty much at a hover looking around. I've always used the LiPo alarm so I haven't been going below the battery limit. That being said, I haven't been able to get 25min for quite some time, but rather 18 to 19 flying flat out FPV style. I haven't hovered in awhile.

I've been using the AXi2217/20 Droidwrox Edition motors, and I'm getting a little over 25 minutes flight time.

Hi Razzil,
Where did you find the Axi 2217/20 "DroidWorx Edition" motors?

Also, did you lengthen the leads from the motor to thread them through the 4 arms? or did you specify the lead length when you ordered the motor?

Thanks....
Dale.

Dale,

Electricwingman.com

Very fast shipping, highly recommended.

They Are not cheap however. They come with long leads that are even too long for the CX4. They are also short shaft.

Check to make sure they come with the radial adapter included. You'll need it for the props.

While your shopping there, check out the graupner eprops in pusher/tractor pairs. They are a very good combo for the AXI.

Hope this helps.

Dale,

Electricwingman.com

Very fast shipping, highly recommended.

They Are not cheap however. They come with long leads that are even too long for the CX4. They are also short shaft.

Check to make sure they come with the radial adapter included. You'll need it for the props.

While your shopping there, check out the graupner eprops in pusher/tractor pairs. They are a very good combo for the AXI.

Hope this helps.

Brilliant! Thank you Matthew.Wright5 for the quick and informative reply.

I'm contemplating the CX-4 with the NAZA-M (+GPS). I would pair the motors up with the DJI 30A ESC to make it more 'plug and play'. Another option would be the Team Blacksheep motor/ESC combo but I'm looking for flight time more than flight manuevering performance.

I'm currently flying the graupner eprops - so I plan to stay with them.

Is the Power Distro board included with the kit or does it need to be bought separately? I have a spare DJI F450 power distro board but I'm not certain that it will fit without some mods.

Thanks -
Dale.

Razzil

I purchased the motors and props from Electricwingman.com ... great to deal with. I think the Prop adapters come with the Droidworx 2217 motors from them now. Double-check, but the last motors I ordered did. I find the 11x5 Graupner eprops on those motors are a match in heaven. I used 10's but didn't get the performance I wanted.

I've attached a few pictures for you to size things up if you want. I've since braided the motor wires and lenght wise they fit pretty good. Another thing to remember is to keep the AUW (All Up Weight) close to 2.4kg or below on that CX4 frame. I've removed the landing gear and custom built the XAircraft ones for easier removal for putting in in my kitbag.

View attachment 8306View attachment 8307View attachment 8308

Attachments

• Droidworx-Naxa-02.jpg
    Droidworx-Naxa-02.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Droidworx-Naza-01.jpg
    Droidworx-Naza-01.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Droidworx-Naza-03.jpg
    Droidworx-Naza-03.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 348

I purchased the motors and props from Electricwingman.com ... great to deal with. I think the Prop adapters come with the Droidworx 2217 motors from them now. Double-check, but the last motors I ordered did. I find the 11x5 Graupner eprops on those motors are a match in heaven. I used 10's but didn't get the performance I wanted.

I've attached a few pictures for you to size things up if you want. I've since braided the motor wires and lenght wise they fit pretty good. Another thing to remember is to keep the AUW (All Up Weight) close to 2.4kg or below on that CX4 frame. I've removed the landing gear and custom built the XAircraft ones for easier removal for putting in in my kitbag.

View attachment 10666View attachment 10667View attachment 10668

Hi Razzil -
Nice braid work and sleeve! That should keep things tidy and safely away from the carbon fibre bits.

I'll check on the prop adapter and make sure that they come standard with the DroidWorx version.

Still a bit 'on the fence' with this just due to the total cost. I may scavenge some parts from one of the other quads to make this one go if I decide to add it to my stable (not much of a stable as I only have 3 flying, but, it's a start).

Thanks -
Dale.

Hi guys.
I've gone and done it. The following are what I've purchased to date:
Droidworx cx-4 v2
Futaba R6208SB 8-Channel 2.4GHz FASST
Photohigher CX 111 CX 1 Micro Tilt gimbal
AXi 2217/20 Droidworx Edition
Graupner Elektro Prop - 11x5
Propeller hub spacer 8 and 5mm
DJI 30A ESC
DJI NAZA w/GPS

I haven't quite decided if I am going to adapt the Reply XD for FPV or use a separate cam - but all of that will come later. Additionally, EZUHF may be a consideration at some future point after I get the CX-4 soted and flying. I'm wondering if the 11x5's are a bit much but I also have some 10x5's that I can try if I don't like the flying characteristics. Of course I have to be gone the the next few weeks which means that it won't get assembled as quickly as I would like, but it will eventually.

Thanks for all of you help.
Dale.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
SLOOOOOOOW building is good. Take your time and enjoy the building process.

Look forward to seeing your progress

Dave

PS

Sid you not get the CX power distro board?

Droider - nice catch.
Yes. I forgot to list it in the parts. No instructions though. I'll have to take a closer look at it as I get to the building sequence.

I also note that the PH Camera mount adapter (plate, lock pin, grommet, washer and R clip) cannot be found in the kit nor the box that the PH mount came in. I also cannot find them on any website for purchase. I posted a note to Linda at Droidworx but they are on Holiday so I don't expect a response until mid January.

The plan is to take a picture of the parts (bits and bobs) and each phase of the assembly. I now have a LHS about 2 miles from the house so it will make it easier to get the 'additional' things that I need (i.e. bulet connectors, loc-tite, wire wrap, etc).

I was in the same position with regards to the adapter plates. I had them sent direct from droidworx for about $15.

Thanks matthew.wright5. Ziggy commented that the extension plates are not needed for the CX-1. Istill need the pins, grommets and R-clips so I'm looking for someone that has a listing of all of droidworx component parts so I can order them.

Do you have a good source for spare / component parts?

The most cost effective option is to buy a set of the adapter plates. They come with the two plates, eight grommets, four pins, four r clips, eight washers. Best value! Get two if you plan on using the rear mounts too.