Aeronavics / Droidworx CX4 and all related to this frame

Caju

Hi, as we would say in Brazil, the Cx4 is our blue eyes baby, and we do belive it has a great potential on areas not so well explored untill now. We would like to propose this thread to see configurations and discuss further all related to this beauty.
We will soon post our findings and conclusions. Hope you to see others owners as well
Cheers
Caju
Caraca.org

I'll post photos soon. My cx4 is undergoing some cosmetic surgery.

My setup is
CX4 with V2 landing gear and narcelles
AXI 2824/22
XOAR Precision Paired CF 12x4.5
Herkules II
DJI Wookong M + 900mhz data link
Single waypoint m view
Photohigher CX113 gimbal
CC BEC 10amp
Futaba 2.4ghz rx

Future upgrades:
RSGS
Ezuhf lite
Lawmate 2.4ghz Vtx with circular wireless cloverleaf
EZOSD and current sensor.

Running 2x 4S 3300

Flying time Is 10min with healthy reserve.

Caju

Great one Matthew, we have a first cx4 that wqs built with
tmotors 2216
Rctimer 40amps
Hyperion 4A
Graupner we tried 9 not too happy , but it was a go for less vibes
@the moment using graup 10
Hoverfly OHHHH yeaHHHH
Solid 13 min with 3.5v@end

Will compare with
2814 770 and 710
With longer booms
40 tmotors esc

And with some surprise config, that if works will be sweeeeeet

AzChopp3r

Hi where would I be able to find weight specs for a CX4 with V2 extended landing gear and extended 310mm booms. Been to the DW site but cant find this information.

droidworx

Hi there!

Yep - is in production... We're just adjusting the whole warehouse to the new products thus the lead times are somewhat longer (4 weeks now). Weights CX:

Airframe CX - 280mm booms - including EM boots: 677 grams (st. landing gear), 690 grams (ext. landing gear).
Airframe CX - 310mm booms - including EM boots: 699 grams (st. landing gear), 712 grams (ext. landing gear)

More specs to follow very soon!

Cheers,
Linda

AzChopp3r

Thanks Linda.

What do you guys think of the CX powered with 4 AXi 2217/20 Droidworx Edition motors. This will be fully loaded including airframe, batterys, all electronics, fpv gear, go-pro and gimbal. I have it all figured up to be 2081 grams ready to fly. Do you guys think it will be underpowered? I am looking for flight time rather than performance.

Caju

What do you guys think of the CX powered with 4 AXi 2217/20 Droidworx Edition motors. This will be fully loaded including airframe, batterys, all electronics, fpv gear, go-pro and gimbal. I have it all figured up to be 2081 grams ready to fly. Do you guys think it will be underpowered? I am looking for flight time rather than performance.[/QUOTE]

Hi, We built a CX4 with 2216 for clients with 2216 Tmotors,what is very similar with 2217, and we fell it is plenty power depending on your needs, for hover and smooth movements its is more than enough, bu t if you plan on tight turns and others you will need more power, saying that more power = more weight + more amps draw= less time flight.
We are about to try to use the 4006 40mm (actually is 44mm) disc motors from Tmotors, We use than on other machines and it´s been a great surprise with quality and performance for around 1.9kg. if you can wait about 10 days or so I will be able to report back to you.
regards,
Guilherme Caju
Caraca.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Razzil

2.35kg, not much more to say on the specs, everything else is in the signature. No crazy flying or anything, just tweeking the gps and return to home this past weekend. 18 minutes one flight, then a little over 6 on the second. Popped it up in the air the third time and my battery alarm went off shortly after. So a little over 25 minutes. I don't know much about battery quality, but I'm thinking its the MaxAmps.

Back to the motors, those are a perfect match for this machine, loads of punch, they never over-heat, a little pricey, but you get what you pay for I guess.

I had it weighing at 2.6kg on 10 inch props in the past and I found they got little warm. I've since switched to 11's and ditched the video tx battery and have it wired into the harness now so I'm lighter. Increased my flight times considerably. I'm not a crazy flyer by no means. Sorry for the non-droidworx landering gear. Wanted a quick pull-down system to reduce the size when carrying it on the kitbag. V2 of the CX has removable landing gear now that looks pretty good.

View attachment 6990 View attachment 6991

Attachments

• Droidworx-CX.jpg
    Droidworx-CX.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Kitbag.jpg
    Kitbag.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 232

AzChopp3r

Razzil That ia a sweet looking bird. This gives me alot to look forward to!. are you running one single battery or a pair? 11 inch props might be the sweet spot for this motor.

Razzil

Thanks, I think you're right on the 11's for this motor. I've gotten better performance all over since switching up a size. Just the one 4S 6000mah MaxAmps battery. It's not listed on the site, but they made it for me. It was the perfect size, weight and amount I was looking for.

nicwilke

Thanks Linda.

What do you guys think of the CX powered with 4 AXi 2217/20 Droidworx Edition motors. This will be fully loaded including airframe, batterys, all electronics, fpv gear, go-pro and gimbal. I have it all figured up to be 2081 grams ready to fly. Do you guys think it will be underpowered? I am looking for flight time rather than performance.

Given what you've said, if your AUW is 2081 (including 1x 5000mah 4s battery) you'll get about 10 mins of flight. That would be with 10x4.5 props and have a hover throttle of 66%. I think you'd get 14 mins with 2x 5000mah 4s batteries, but you'll be wringing its neck to hover at 79% throttle (Still acceptable) with the additional weight of the 2nd battery.

I'm going to get myself a CX4 in 6 months time, and I'll put Tiger Motor MT2814-11 (710kv) on it, and with 2x 5000mah batteries and adjusted weight, I'd swing 11x5 graupner props on it, and get close to 16 mins fight time. If you have the motors already, then I think you'll be fine for power, as long as you use 1x5000mah 4s lipo, 10x4.5... You'll get a good 10mins.

AzChopp3r

Given what you've said, if your AUW is 2081 (including 1x 5000mah 4s battery) you'll get about 10 mins of flight. That would be with 10x4.5 props and have a hover throttle of 66%. I think you'd get 14 mins with 2x 5000mah 4s batteries, but you'll be wringing its neck to hover at 79% throttle (Still acceptable) with the additional weight of the 2nd battery.

I'm going to get myself a CX4 in 6 months time, and I'll put Tiger Motor MT2814-11 (710kv) on it, and with 2x 5000mah batteries and adjusted weight, I'd swing 11x5 graupner props on it, and get close to 16 mins fight time. If you have the motors already, then I think you'll be fine for power, as long as you use 1x5000mah 4s lipo, 10x4.5... You'll get a good 10mins.

What do you calculate for 11 inch props? Also Altitude Density may play a factor here at 6200 ft elevation. Not so much in the fall/winter but summertime at 90 degrees and low RH it may need some extra power.

futro

Hello, guys!
What do think about using Tiger Motor MT3506-25 in coaxial configuration?
This motor has a huge efficiency, more than 15.
On 50% of throttle it has a 410 gr. of thrust and only 1.8A. Prop: APC 13/4.
I need to build a copter for long FPV flights and small on-board camera (GoPro3).