CS8 to X8 conversion - Herkules ESC III V3

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone using herkules setup in hexa/wkm setup succesfully?

Shouldnt Be a Problem only that you waste two ESC Units. But since WKm seems to jitter on f1 f2 Ports and for a hexa you are only using M1....M6 should work better on a hexa than on a octo.

Boris

I posted on rcgroups about the wkm F1-F2 jitter and Timecop said that he saw no jitter when he tested his a while ago.
If there is a problem with the two outputs why do we have reports of succesfull flying with simonk flashed esc's?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I posted on rcgroups about the wkm F1-F2 jitter and Timecop said that he saw no jitter when he tested his a while ago.
If there is a problem with the two outputs why do we have reports of succesfull flying with simonk flashed esc's?

I doubt that Andreas would be lying about it. How Simonk FW filters and how the herkules filter I don't know. How many use Simonks FW ESCs on an Octo I also don't know. What timecop really tested concerning F1 and F2 i also don't know. All i know is that I directed the question concerning the jitters on F1 and F2 towards DJI and they replied they will get back to me, and I know that Lars also tested f1 and f2 with normal servos stating that he noticed a response time difference.

Can you direct me towards TC answer to the question maybe i can add something to the dicusiion to make it more specific or read something out of TCs answer :)

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
some asked about the micromatch servo plus setup you need from the herkules to the WKM MC,

here a little vid how i did it .

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Boris,

I now done with the wiring and setting up my Futaba 8 and sb6028 with Cinestar8 however I just can't fly because when I start the motor the Cinestar will pitch/nick backward strongly and make the cinestar to turn up side down :(

I have checked my wiring: ESC to MC, RX to MC; spinning of motors; propellers set up; and my TX channel however everything is fine and execute correctly.

I myself think that if the motor has spinned correctly, the cinestar must balance and if it is not in my case, it must related to the setting of channel in my TX so I tried to reverse the elevator channel in my TX several times however the problem still persists. I notice that only when I push the elevator stick forward to maximum the cinestar front & back boom will balance with each other and if I move the IMU and make it tilt back, cinestar will balance :(

Have you got similar experience and what was your solution ? Am I right to conclude that this is due to the wrong calculation of COG ? or it is just the wrong setting in TX ?

Before I post the question, I have spent hours and keep searching in the forum to find out the problem however may be I not type the right key word or my knowledge on this field is limited so I would like to seek support from you guys.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you.

Cuong

View attachment 3315View attachment 3316

Attachments

• DSC00199.jpg
    DSC00199.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00197 PSRS.jpg
    DSC00197 PSRS.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 259

I have remounted the IMU to center and recalculated the COG however it still does not solve my problem. The cinestar still nick backward :(

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Also double and triple check your motor allocations and make sure your TX channels are going in the correct direction

Dave

Hi All,

Thanks to Munk topic, I have rechecked my ESC and divided it into 2 batchs (4 ESCs each batch), then I assembly each part to Cinestar to make a quadrocopter. Then I start the motor to see whether the problem still there ? The first batch, the problem still persist; the second batch, it has all gone and cinestar excecute correctly.

It must be the ESCs that makes my cinestar unbalance :(

Thanks alot for your support, it makes my life more easier :))

Cheers,

Cuong

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Okay got some APC 13 x 4 E props gonna test them in the next couple days. Hope to get a stable bird and some longer flight times with them !

View attachment 3489

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 310

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp thats also my fear. But Ken and Gunther having success with the 12 x 6 I think APC E. I thought i will try the 13 x 4 choosing the 4 to keep the RPM high which in my eyes WKM like. I just test them one more test flight whats the difference by now :)

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm yes it not looking good just tested them in my CX same motors as on the CS8 and the CX is everything else but stable with them :(

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
nah I am fine i know i am on the safe side with the 11 x 5 graupners or with the 12 3.8 Cf from the MK shop 11 grams. I just wanted to squeeze some more flight time out with the 13 x 4. But the 12x 3.8 you just posted look interesting since they are only 2 grams heavier and cheaper than the 12 x 3.8 from the MK shop !

Boris