Mikrokopter Crashed

Buzzed

The sensors aren't that expensive, the bigger challenge is getting the existing one desoldered and removed without ripping out a pad or trace. Since its junk anyway if I were going to replace it I'd just snip all the legs and carefully remove them one by one by heating and gently pulling it up out of the hole once the solder is molten. It can be done but it takes patience and the more soldering experience you have the better.

Ken

Ken you mean you don't have one of these Hakko super-suckers yet? shame

Attachments

• s808.jpg
    s808.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 342

Crash

Defies Psychics
Ken you mean you don't have one of these Hakko super-suckers yet? shame

I was just trying to remove a through hole pin header on the quadrino board. I wanted to remove it in one piece and was having a hard time. Then I thought of this tool and well it's only money right? Order placed. I have an 8x3 header on my RX that I want to pull and that desolderer is the perfect tool for that. We will see.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Emo
I've been very fortunate. I've had a number of potentially very serious situations end with only minor damage. With this latest event I broke a couple of my custom battery supports and twanged the gear legs on my camera mount. It was all fixed the same day and I gave many thanks to the multi-rotor gods for their benevolence. My X650, on the other hand, can't seem to catch a break and is now on the bench for sand removal from two of the motors.
How's your project coming along? Any progress?