Aeronavics / Droidworx Convert AD4 to Y6

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I want to convert my Droidworx AD4 into a Y6, I have everything I need apart from the Y6 centre plates, which I believe are essential to move the two front motors further back so the tricopter is balanced right. Anyway, I can't find anywhere selling the centre plates, so can someone please advise me on the measurements to drill new holes in the AD4 plates so I can convert them?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I want to convert my Droidworx AD4 into a Y6, I have everything I need apart from the Y6 centre plates, which I believe are essential to move the two front motors further back so the tricopter is balanced right. Anyway, I can't find anywhere selling the centre plates, so can someone please advise me on the measurements to drill new holes in the AD4 plates so I can convert them?

I have a spare set of V2 AD6 centerplates I'll sell cheap. PM me if you're interested, much easier than trying to redrill quad plates...

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
RC see what deal RT will do. otherwise cheapest way will be to ask Geoff to tag them on to his next DW order otherwise the postage will be a fortune.

Dave

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Thanks everyone, I went ahead a drilled my existing plates with the front booms at 120 degrees as suggested by IrisAerial and put it all together. I'll test it tomorrow and see if it flies right, if not I'll order proper plates, or PM RTRyder or Geoff later. I thought I may as well give it a go.

nicwilke

http://droidworx.co.nz/products/shop/vm-spares/center-plate-vm-6-and-x3/

If you drill yourself, just make them 120˚ from rear.

droidworx

Really curious to see how you went with your conversion! Good to hear you were offered all these options to get your hands on some new center plates and good also to hear you managed to recycle your current ones. Let us know how you went with your test!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I did a test flight last night, flies pretty nice. I feel pretty silly asking for the measurements now because, once you see it and realise it's kind of obvious the booms have to be 120 degrees because there's three of them, 3 x 120 = 360, and this makes it even. :)

I never had a Y6 before and it does feel a little different to the flat hexa, but I think I like it. I really like the Droidworx kit by the way and will definitely be buying more in the future.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I was just flying about in the dark, thought it was too boring. Anyway I'm uploading a little clip here, exactly how it came out of the camera apart from shortened to cut down on boredom. Says it will finish uploading in 56 minutes, but will be here:

Last edited by a moderator:

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Torxpower 3536 motors, maytech 30amp ESCs and Wookong fc. I actually had/have a bit of a problem with the Wookong failsafe in that it doesn't want to come home, it just goes up and hovers like it does the first bit, then just stays there. I've updated the firmware since last night though, had the beta version on before, so need to test that again. I might have to move the GPS higher, it's only 3 cm above the FC.
View attachment 6986

Attachments

• y6.jpg
    y6.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator: