Constant beep

I have a F550 flamewheel Naza GPS kit, but the motors give a constant beep (beep beep beep beep beep) when battery is plugged in.

I've soldered everything ackording to instructions, and everything is plugged in where it should be plugged in. No loose plugs, or reversed plugs.
I use every port on the Naza, M1-M6 is connected as it should, F1-F2 has a X486 Flamegear XT gimbal, have a 8 channel Walkera 2801 Pro tx and a Walkera 2801r rx.

I installed the software on my pc, got the drivers right, connected the Naza to the usb, updated the Firmware to latest, got the GPS setup, chose Hexa V, and got to TX/RX config when it suddenly disconnected. Connected again and an FW update was prompted, so I updated and and disconnected everything again. That's when it went bananas.

Bananas, in terms of beeping constantly when battery is connected. The LED shows no sign of life.

I checked all solder-points, and no polarity issues. Tried switching the Motor-ESC bullet-connections, no difference.

What's the deal?

DesJardins

When it prompted the update did you update the newest software, then firmware?
Click on the "about" option & then "info" to see of it really updated...

If it tries to update but can't based on having the prior version software on your computer then I have seen the non stop beeps occure. Guess it's worth a look as it's a quick check

kloner

Aerial DP
the latest software asks you to update the firmware everytime, ignore it, hit ok

because you did that, it reset everything you set so go back in assistant, go over all the settings all the way down the list again. hit save. if any errors are flashing at the bottom, hit us back with what it is.

It prompted for a FW update, but as the LED-thing isn't working I can't see what version the FC is in.
The software is 1.8, the latest.

Can't do **** with the assistant, because the USB port isnt working. But I did get one warning, twice: CFG-ERR.

And I'm, as we speak, multimetering the LED-thing. So far, the 4-pin cable that plugs on top of the Rx cabels shows no voltage. Don't know if its supposed to do that.
And I did notice that the part with the light (the square box) was warm after letting the motors beep for a few minutes.

Update:
The 3-pin cable from the the LED-thing (aka VU) shows 5-6 voltage. The 3-pin cables from ESC's show no voltage.

Where does the FC get power from? As the RX unit is showing no signs of life (it was blinking green before it wen't bananas)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
it is getting power from the three pin thing, red and brown

usb port isn't working, help me out here.... explain. are you turning everything on, then plugging it in to the pc? is it windows? does it do the "usb driver" thing, should be listed in the device manager as a device like a printer or keyboard, see that? does it light up green when plugged into the pc?

I've seen these go bad,,,,,,

Yep, turning everything on. Everything connected as it should be. Plugging into a a PC with Windows 7 and the 32bit driver properly installed.

It doesn't appear in the device-list, and it doesn't light up green when plugged into the PC (tried every single USB interface).

But it did connect before the beeping started. The computer recognized the device, and I did some configs in the Naza software (GPS, Motorsetup, TX/RX). That's when it prompted a FW update, and after that I got those Errors (CFG-ERR)

kloner

Aerial DP
you need to reset this thing...... whos your dealer? I'm not totaly familliar with the process, but i think it's to short two pins together on the naza output, but it needs the right two, your dealer should know

that makes it completely unprogrammed though and needs to go through the whole process again of installing firmware, settings etc. i think

it is also possible you've fried the vu if nothing lights up ever, or the pc's usb port if it does everything but a greenlight plugged in. might move the wire if the vu shows a light anytime

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
Rx Tx are bound? solder points for the vu are good? I remember someone had an issue when they tried to unhook the usb cable they pulled the wires loose inside the vu or something like that.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's right, the unbound part makes em beep like that too

yuri pulled his vu's apart three times i think. his wire had a little extra metal or somethin,,,,,,, i've screwed up and walked off with these plugged in alot,,,,,,,, just unplugs and i do a self asskick

Yep, the RX and TX are bound. A friend has used them before with a Helikopter, I just re-reconfigured the TX.
Solderpoints are good, the VU + & - reads 11 volts a few millimeters off the solderpoint.

The VU has been fastened to the bottomplate all the time and hasn't been moving around. Tried to wiggle the VU-cables while having everything connected, no lights.

I'll remove the heatshrink on the VU and check it out.

kloner

Aerial DP
if it's new and under warranty you want to leave it alone and send it toy our dealer. if your gonna eat the warranty, do what you want.

there $16 to get a new one

when we say they come apart, it where the plug goes into it, the guts come flying out the front with the plug when removed. if you plug a battery into it, sees 11 volts at teh pad and theres no light, it burned up

binding is a common thing to do, you'll want to learn it. to setup a naza right your gonna nave to rebind this thing a specific way to make it failsafe and not die hard. these things can fall out of bind if something shorts,,,,,,,, if i remember right when naza doesn't see a radio signal it just beeps, might not light up. I did this ,,,,, almost a year ago, and i forget specifics, was just glad to get past it

i'd be curious to see pictures of the receiver and satelite if there is one....

Yeh it probably burned. Instead of the warranty bureaucrazy, I just ordered a new one for 20 bucks.

I peeled the heatshrink off, and as far as I could see the cable connections looked ok, but I couldn't see that much more.

The thing is bound, as I got to config the TX/RX with the Naza software before it prompted a FW update and went bananas.
Well, I'll just wait for the new VU and hope for the best.

i'd be curious to see pictures of the receiver and satelite if there is one....

The F550 is disassembled by now, except for the bottomplate soldering and the arms. So there's not much to see.
The TX and RX are Walkera 2801Pro and Walkera 2801r.

But thanks for the help anyway, you guys made my evening a lot much easier and you minimized my swearing. I was gonna use the F550 for aerialphoto for a tv-show next week.. so we will probably have to rent a real helicopter now :)

kloner

Aerial DP
all of these electronics will reset from being shorted, even a receiver. as long as the receiver lights up like it is bound your golden but if powered up theres no light then it came unbound. Just because it was bound one day doesn't mean it still is the next

Naza needs the failsafes set in the bind so when it looses signal throttle stays over 10% and the failsafe light in tx cali is lit up. otherwise it'll just dive at the dirt and you'll be here asking why that happened.

the other thing i imagine possible is lets say you built it, did all this and added a sattelite receiver, un incompatible one with the receiver, that'll take all your bind away and makes em beep like this. The beep over and over is the naza not seeing a tx. it sounds like the second update sent a power spike through the system. i saw in the manula that they recomend taking the props off during firmware upgrades, never saw that before, wondering if it's all related

in short we've only got your side of what you think wrong, alot of times pictures posted show a different story which we can pick out and say, awww i see

kloner

Aerial DP
if you have a servo and battery you might check out the radio and just confirm it's working right and that all channels are working move the servo to each port and move a stick switch or knob

View attachment 6298View attachment 6299

Here are 2 pictures. one with the upperplate with gps, and the other with the receiver next to FC.

Im resetting all the TX configs again, resetting the RX and then binding them again.

Attachments

• bild-7.jpg
    bild-7.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 439
  • bild-5.jpg
    bild-5.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 422

kloner

Aerial DP
OK, that would be what i'd do. Don't give up on me here,,,, i still think we can get it going

I just was looking over the new assistant interface. one important thing you have to do first is goto TX CALI and at the top left shows traditional, d-bus and ppm, make sure traditional is selected. if not, select it, hit write

unplug form the pc, unplug the flight battery, plug in the flight battery, wait to boot then hook back up to pc,,,,,, you should see life if we get this far

if this is a new naza and mounting it that way, your most likely going to have a barometer problem. Take a piece of electrical tape and completely cover teh left side where the rx is sitting. that should make it work right. i'd hate to see us get it flying then encounter an iminent meeting with the ground cause of it

Well, the thing is.. the mini-USB port ain't working, so I can't do anything PC related.

Don't know how old it is, the swedish store might had it on the shelf for a while. But it shurely helps to read the forum and see what kind of problems other people encountered.

kloner

Aerial DP
I understand that you were trying to hook it up a few times, but you gotta do it in the right manner to get it talking......... it does seem the vu might be dead, but i'm betting when you do all you said that it'll stop beeping cause it'll see signal and the vu will start talking toa pc again. To be honest i've only seen a few vu's go away, and i've seen even fewer nazas go brick so i think your gear is still good. the radio and it being bound is utmost important, then to make sure that input the naza is looking at it set right or it'll never act right. mine was updated and when it was got set to d-bus....... that'll make your naza not think it's seeing signal and makes em act dumb

so your in europe?

RX is reset with a 2-pin shortage, and TX reset and calibrated with RX. Tested them with a servo, working good.
Hooked it up to the Naza, still no USB or light. And still beeping. I even wiggled the VU cables, but no luck.

I'll wait for the new VU, and start over again :)