labor day weekend fpv

kloner

Aerial DP
since alot of you guys don't hang out in the fpv forum, figured i'd post this here to to give you an idea of whats possible. This is a mile out in alot of it flown fpv with a long range radio system. Naza GPS in a f450 hybrid called the Team Black Sheep Discovery

all flown in atti gps mode

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

love your stuff...endless horizont, nice weather and awesome tunes....

That Day - Vokab Kompany...from San Diego...?

Chris

Dewster

Nice. One day I'll have to venture into the FPV realm. I just need to build a lighter craft. I love the distance.

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks guys. i'm really getting a kick out of this deal. most fun i've had in a long time with rc

Any chance you can take a few pics and explain your FPV set up? That is the one thing that prevents me from flying farther out... I don't trust my FPV system too much.

kloner

Aerial DP
What you just watched in the video is the team blacksheep discovery. it has a long boddy to shif the weight around keeping a low profile, but more important creates space to seperate components and has a built in power supply for the cam and the video trnsmitter called the CORE. they do 5v or 12v, has enough power for a fancy board cam and 1 wat video transmitter. All the wiring is integrated into the pcb from the rx to the naza kinda like the flamewheel does power distro, this has that too. extra pads all over to grab power from, etc.

The actual gear used is
Lawmate 1000mw 2.4g vtx
EZUHF 433 rc control
naza GPS
CORE osd
then at the other end is an immersion 2400v2 duo receiver with helical antennas and a 7" monitor

this one in particular i cut the front of my frame off and put a gimble on it so it's not leaning forward. it's still in the tuning category, but it's close. Got a few more servos and gyros to try.......

i.php

002 (1024x768)_795.jpg

012 (1024x768)_795.jpg

013 (1024x768)_795.jpg

this thing will go as far as you got power to take it with zero problems

kloner

Aerial DP
here is live feed captured with a dvr on my ground station. shows what i was looking at, not the gopro like the hd movie. Shows mah used, amperage load, rssi is the uhf rc radio signal strength. the first one is a couple miles away from the houses, notice how clean the signal remains, how well the rc signal does well over a mile away

this one flying around the houses you can see all the 2.4 interferrence from cell phones and wifi. i'll probably try anotehr channel next time to see if i can get a cleaner signal. Weird cause i didn't really notice it when was flying. your so focused on elevation and the rssi signal i barely got time to worry about static as long as i can see

pretty big difference. same rig, different spot. those 30 houses all got all the amenities like wifi, some are even old ham guys. everybody runs on cell phones, the hardline service is extremely unreliable

kloner

Aerial DP
one of the problems with a gopro not set to one button is forgetting to hit record, but the good part of haing a ground station recorder is at least you get to see what coulda been

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
pretty big difference. same rig, different spot. those 30 houses all got all the amenities like wifi, some are even old ham guys. everybody runs on cell phones, the hardline service is extremely unreliable

That looks exactly like the interference I'm getting with my setup using 2.4, difference is in my case it happens a lot sooner and closer to takeoff point. There's something to be said for being out in the middle of nothing rather than at the edge of a densely populated urban area... ;)

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
have you tried different channels" if you did, did it do anything? Sometimes i get it, then sometimes not. i'm around alot of donkeys with massive tracking collars, when i see fish and game tracking them, they got a smaller zagi in there hands. i almost think the donkeys are on 1.3 and was my ***** about that signal. wish i had some footage......

kloner

Aerial DP
more, some the same, some i only got with this from forgetting to turn on record on the hero

irvan36mm

Kloner- Just a question about your radio, since I'm planning to get into FPV.
What radio are you using to control the TBS Disco & what frequency?
I thought that if you're using 2.4 gHz on both the quadcopter and the vTx,
they will interfere with each other?

What frequency do you suggest to use for the vTx when using 2.4gHz for the quad?
And are you using the GoPro for both the FPV and video?

-George

kloner

Aerial DP
no i run the futaba 8j with ezuhf on 433mhz and lawmate 2.4 on video with an immersion duo 2.4 receiver

man that's a tough question. the 1.2 and 1.3 would be the next best but the antennas are rally big and easy to break. They become a consumable like props at $30 a pop. they also don;t get along with the dji gps sometimes. guess if you make a super tall mast theres no problem, but alot of us have had problems with the gps mounted to the base.

i go both ways, no not like that, i got em with the pixim 690 cams and with just a gopro feed. i don;t mind the gopro feed, except if i want to film in 720 or 1080 i gotta look at a massive letter box picture with black top and bottom and a picture half the size. When i got a seperate cam, the view i get is SD so nice full picture on my monitor and i can record in 1080p. you can get the super ccd had 2 for $40 shipped to your door. There pretty cheap insurance and gives you a view into the darkness the gopro doesnt have. goes into black and white, any light is plenty where a gopro goes dark or in 1080p just a mess to figure out. i'm using hero2 with polarized filters in these movies filmed at 960p. some of the ones i'm uploading now are post stabilized and cropped down to 720p , is how i deal with it

irvan36mm

Kloner- Awesome! Thanks for the info!
I just read through the online manual for the EzUHF on Immersion's site
& now I understand how you're controlling your quad and using 2.4 for the vTx.
Did you have to get the ham license for using 433mHz?

Tomstoy2

Kloner, you get crazy distance on that thing. I'm liking that new tilt stabilizer you have on there now, too!

kloner

Aerial DP
i dig it bro. wasn't sure if i destroyed it or made it cool at first but now i'm sold. i like it...... just won't let me push it past 60 amps before it goes crazy with them wobbles. guess that's good enough gps mode keeps it right there and now it's tuned is a pretty nice way to fly. keeps it in a nice straight line, can really see it track like a champ

george, i am studying now. We got a local fpv meet coming up and i want to show up legit. I've only been flying quads since Christmas, only fpv since easter. but i went through all the gear and settled on all this crap, works pretty dam good. All i know is naza,,,,,,, flamewheels. think my next one will be something big and crazy, nex 5n kinda crazy over water, just like this one. that's next springs goal

irvan36mm

Kloner- Mucho thanks again.
I'll be getting my FPV stuff together with your advice soon & then I'll hit the books,too.
LMK how the test goes when you take it. LOL

-George

kloner

Aerial DP
there are websites that give you all 600 or whatever possible questions and answers so it shouldnt be too hard. drivers test kinda hard

hers the last 2, all cropped, post stabilized. good enough for what it is....