Connecting the GoPro 4 Black for FPV

The GoPro 4 Black edition has only two ports which are the USB port and the HDMI port. I get the impression the previous GoPro's had a phono jack connection and there is not yet a cable available to connect the GoPro 4 to an FPV system. I suspect, if it is even possible, this would have to be done through the HDMI port! Or is possiblt by means of the microSD slot!!!

Anyone know how this could be achieved?

rcmike

Yeah, most FPV guys use servo connectors or similar because they are much lighter and take up a lot less room. On most planes every ounce counts. Not quite as critical on multirotors with more lifting capacity.

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Is that why RC Shutter uses servo leads for their av outputs? Seemed very weird to me.

http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

Hi guys,
we used servo leads for av cables because you know weight is too important for FPV. So this cables must be light weight. Gopro orginal cable weight is about 100gr but our cable weight is just 3.5gr. If use RCA plugs weight will be about 50-60gr.
Also servo cables is more easy for modifications (cutting, soldering, etc..) And also this plugs compatible most video transmitters.
If you want we can make with RCA but we strongly not recommended. :)

Seems to me that there are only four terminals on a USB connector so there is not much involved in wiring your own with servo connectors or alternate RCA connectors, standard pinouts at both ends.
Those RCA-USB cable sets are a standard product provided with a wide variety of cameras over the past 10 to 12 years so the wiring is likely identical for all of them.....

rcmike

I have cut off the RCA connectors and changed them to servo plugs before. I don't know about the GoPro 3 but on a 2 I even rigged up another servo plug that I could plug into my RX and it would keep the GoPro charged from the 5V RX power supply.