Camera Mount for DJI F450 Frame

jforkner

How would you recommend attaching a GoPro Hero2 camera to a DJI F450 frame? I did see an on-board video taken from the frame, and it was stated the camera was hard-mounted---no pics; but I assume, perhaps, it was attached to one of the tabs. Is there a good aftermarket camera mount that would work?

Thanks.

Jack

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ Jack welcome to MRF..check out my 450 build thread and my pics in my album..

I drilled the bottom frame plate and fixed my GP to it that way

Dave

Sebas600

I've got a really cheap €40 2-axis (no servo incl.) works great for the money. Light weight. Got it on my X650.

jforkner

Thanks guys. Good suggestions all.

I think I'll initially try mounting the camera directly to the frame, like Droider did. If that doesn't work, I'll add a mount to the base of the frame.

FWIW, I'm waiting on the DJI Naza kit I preordered yesterday---my first multicopter. Previously I did AP from fixed wing aircraft. Looking forward to this new direction.

Jack

Tahoe Ed

When I was testing my WMK, I used an ArduCopter frame that I had setting around. I attached the GoPro with velcro and a velcro strap to a CF tab that I attached to the frame with screws. It actually took fairly decent video and with the WKM it was easy to fly FPV. I am thinking that the Naza will be the same. Now if DJI would just get them in dealers hands, it would be great.

jforkner

Thanks, Ed. My dealer thinks they'll be released on or about the 10th (tomorrow). Hopefully mine will get thru the pipeline before Christmas.

Jack

Tahoe Ed

View attachment 1752View attachment 1751View attachment 1750

Jack, you are welcome. Several of us got F450 frames from a UK dealer. Since I blew an esc today and while I am waiting for a replacement, I decided to start a build of the F450 with what I had laying around. Here is what it looks like.

RC Timer 2822 motors 1200kV
Turnegy Plush 18A escs
AR6115 Rx
2200mAh 3S Lipo
8x4.5 Gaui Props
GoPro

Right now the AUW is about 800g without the FC and props. I am thinking that I might put on one of my vTx's on and make it a full FPV machine. I am waiting on my Naza Kit. I decided to do the full kit rather than just the controller to see what "magic" DJI had in the complete package rather than my 'TimeCop', I fly junk set up. I will put the Naza on this for S&G. Other than the GoPro there isn't much on it worth anything and I have a bunch of 8" props setting about that I will never use again.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator: