Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Love the project!
But why do you need so much power? what are you going to do with it?

Thanks

Alex

Its more for fun ;). Put a 10000 mah lipo on it and see who long it goes. Pop it into manual and see how fast the rise is and speed it can pick up etc.
I will maiden it like this this coming weekend, but i am already thinking about changing the center plate and cutting something a couple cm more spacious and shifting the COG a little.

With the development of the new brushless gimbal for the go pros it can be a nice setup and will be able to take the extra load !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boris, a piece of double sided servo tape, one on the bottom of the frame and another sandwiching the wire to the first ought to do the trick nicely. Keep it invisible from the top perspective.

japp gonna go that way, gonna look for some see through thicker tape !

thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• ecalc.jpg
    ecalc.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 340
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 391

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
maiden inside weather just to cold to risk any IMU issues.

very happy with it very soft and stable from beginning on. Lets see how it behaves once pushed out side.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
thanks guys ! will have to change the landing gear just to little space below for a not on the point straight landing. But otherwise things are looking good !

ChrisViperM

Congrats....It's great so see how something starts as an idea....and eventually see it flying

In car terms, it sounds like a Chevy Blazer V8 with open pipes....gives me goose pimpels

Chris

alexosborne

I love that thing sooooooooo much! Its Awesome :D I'd love to build one one day :) How much has it cost you? could you sell the cnc parts in the future? and do you think it would work with a naza?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Alex,

I won't sell anything, but I will put the cads file online here, so who ever wants can improve it or get it cnced ! Yes you can run it with a naza. Just set it up a as quad and double the output per side.

Boris

Badfrog

Hi Alex,

I won't sell anything, but I will put the cads file online here, so who ever wants can improve it or get it cnced ! Yes you can run it with a naza. Just set it up a as quad and double the output per side.

Boris

Hey Boris,
Very nice work! I am just starting to learn CAD... In fact I am taking a class at a local college and just had the first class last wed.
I would love to get a copy of your drawings! I pm'd you. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
to cold today minus 10, didn't want to take it out ! Have some high frequency vibs still on it when test with the go pro. need to work on some vibration isolation and balance the props :)

gonna post later just have to get it all together the dog files. I am using Rhino, will post the 3dm also.

Ryan not sure what you mean with guide I am using the 8 channel lite EzUHF on it

Boris

Its just the ezuhf antenna i saw. I want to make some sort of antenna tube/guide for my receivers but am a little unsure about the best way to go about it.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HI Ryan,

sorry didn't see your question. For he ezuhf antennas i don't use any guide since they stand by themselves. For different receivers Futabe etc. I stiffen the bottom part of the antennas with the little plastic tubes of there ear cleaner stick an than glue the pastil together in a 90 degree angel !

Boris