BNUC new airworthiness charge £1900+????

rotorvista

Am I reading this right????? there now seems to be a £1900 charge for an air worthiness test for self builds.. This is the first time i've seen this is it right????

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Application
An application for each organisation (FORM 1) must be completed and received by e-mail prior to any assessment. Email to admin@eurousc.com.
An application for each pilot (FORM 10) must be completed and received by e-mail prior to a requested course and/or examination date. Email to admin@eurousc.com. Candidates should indicate on the accompanying e-mail the date and venue being applied for.
Payment of Fees
All appropriate fees must be paid prior to the day on which the candidate attends any course, assessment or examination.
EuroUSC™ reserves the right to amend fees as necessary. All fees are subject to the addition of VAT unless a valid VAT number is supplied.
Cancellation Policy
Non-attendance: No refunds will be provided if the candidate fails to attend a scheduled course, assessment or examination.

To avoid incurring any additional charges please notify EuroUSC™ of any cancellations at least 5 working days before the course, assessment or examination is due to commence.

Weather
If due to bad weather an assessment or examination is unable to be carried out a credit will be given to attend a later assessment or examination day; however no guarantee can be given as to available places.
Dates and Venues
Dates and venues for the Ground Courses, Theory Examinations and Flight Operations Examinations are posted on the EuroUSC™ website. EuroUSC™ reserves the right to change dates, times and venues as necessary. Venues can be arranged to be held on client premises at additional cost. Ad Hoc Course held on Client Premises
Courses held on client premises are subject to additional costs and EuroUSC™ staff availability. For a quotation please e-mail admin@eurousc.com stating preferred venue and dates.

Fees, Terms & Conditions (UK only) Issue 3.0 – September 2013 - © EuroUSC™ - All rights reserved 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It's very unlike me to be right!

It'll be great to meet you guys finally! I'll be at the edge of the ring watching the fight and laughing.

See you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rotorvista

yes be good to meet you guys, what are your feelings if the £1900 is applicable to all craft under 20kg? I'm sure this is coming sooner or later. I agree with an airworthiness assessment but not £1900 personally i would be ok with £200 or there abouts.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Of course I'm not okay with it. I think a good maintenance schedule and knowledge of your system is enough for sub 20kg. Unless they're planning to actually test each component, which they won't, then it's pointless. If they just look at your system and say 'that's okay' then what's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ZAxis

[h=1]

CAA announces public consultation into de-regulation of all single-seat microlights[/h]Date: 30 August 2013
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has today announced its intention to hold a public consultation on its proposal to deregulate (for airworthiness purposes) all UK-registered single seat microlights. This consultation, which will open during September and run for six weeks, will, if successful, extend the present single seat deregulated (SSDR) category, introduced in 2007, to include all single seat microlight aircraft as defined within Annex II Article 4(4). All such aircraft would then be able to be designed and constructed either privately or commercially without the airworthiness oversight of either a member association or the CAA.

So microlites are heading towards more deregulation while UAVs may be heading in the opposite direction. So just who is pushing for regulation? Its certainly not the operators, the public is more concerned about privacy than UAVs falling out of the sky, insurers are providing cover provided pilot is BNUC-S or RPQ-S qualified. That seems to leave those who provide the qualifications doesn't it?

andy

rotorvista

well just spoke to euroUSC and the airworthiness fee only applies to craft over 20kg.... sorry to have scared anyone. so today is a good day:) oh and my GH3 zenmuse just got delivered nice

Bowley

well just spoke to euroUSC and the airworthiness fee only applies to craft over 20kg.... sorry to have scared anyone. so today is a good day:) oh and my GH3 zenmuse just got delivered nice

The BNUC IS actually the airworthiness certificate (under the guise of a piloting flt test). its a test that your system works more than a test of pilot competence. this conclusion is borne out the fact that I have been directly informed that I will have retest on an exact clone of one of the systems I did my BNUC with. Farcical is an understatement.

rotorvista

The BNUC IS actually the airworthiness certificate (under the guise of a piloting flt test). its a test that your system works more than a test of pilot competence. this conclusion is borne out the fact that I have been directly informed that I will have retest on an exact clone of one of the systems I did my BNUC with. Farcical is an understatement.

sorry i'm not sure what you mean? why a retest and do you mean they are supplying the clone for you to be retested on??

Bowley

sorry i'm not sure what you mean? why a retest and do you mean they are supplying the clone for you to be retested on??

No Ian, I mean I am building a backup vehicle which is identical to my existing quad and in order to use it commercially I need to do flight test with it.

soler

No Ian, I mean I am building a backup vehicle which is identical to my existing quad and in order to use it commercially I need to do flight test with it.

SO are you able to do the test with 2 vehicles to qualify both at the same time?

rotorvista

I got you now, funny thing is how would they know which one they are testing you on :)

Johnb80

On their website it actually states this applies to sub 20kg vehicles.

stinkyfive

Hi Guys, I'm due to do my part 1 on tuesday next week with EuroUsc and after discussing the scheme with a very helpful employee, all seemed reasonable; however, the fees document I've received just prior to the course states the £1900 fee for each machine (I've got 2) sub 20Kg if there's no manufacturer certificate of conformity - anyone able to clarify this for me? Had I known in advance of this charge, I'd have certainly looked elsewhere for fees and training info...

Thanks, Elliot.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I havent seen their fees for a while but I think people are getting confused. The standard BNUC-S test does not involve any form of airworthiness and the flight test is there just to ensure that the aircraft does what it should- this is all you need for your PfAW. This is all included in the basic BNUC feee. There is a separate 'airworthiness' process you can go through which is what I suspect the £1900 fee is for and you would potentially use this for getting an OSC through although I am not sure if the CAA are using this as acceptable evidence at the moment. They weren't when the OSC process first kicked off.