Best flight controler on the market (Feb 2014)

bastosf

Hi guys, if money wasn't an issue, what would be the best flight controller on the market at the moment (February 2014) (In your opinion)?

Plz post pros and cons

thx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

bastosf

Of course, well we can make a list of flight controlers and they're best field of use. In my case I'm building a camera octo or hexa for a black magic pocket cinema. And I'm thinking of the a2 although I keep hearing good things about the synapse from freefly.

Bowley

Of course, well we can make a list of flight controlers and they're best field of use. In my case I'm building a camera octo or hexa for a black magic pocket cinema. And I'm thinking of the a2 although I keep hearing good things about the synapse from freefly.

I'm not aware that the synapse ever materialized. I think Hoverfly is best for cinematic purpose.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Lots of people are having great experiences with the new XAircraft SuperX. It's still new (so as time goes on reviews will continue to trickle in), but there have been very few complaints.

Pros have been ease of setup and tight RTH function. Also, it seems to be working very stable, which helps with the camera/cinematic.

Cons would be the cost I guess. It's also made up of a few parts - so placement/space issues might annoy some I guess.

I don't own one, just been researching at this point, so none of the above is from my own personal experience.

Good luck with your choice.

Polymod

Hi guys, if money wasn't an issue, what would be the best flight controller on the market at the moment (February 2014) (In your opinion)?

Plz post pros and cons

thx in advance

Kestrel autopilot from Lockheedmartin.
20.000$ +

adebu5yq.jpg

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I wonder if the pixhawk will gain "pro" status. For those that are stuck with the DJI proprietary BS, you would have to have a Woochang or A2 to use the zenmuse. I have had flawless results with the hoverfly pro. But my jobs have all been very simple flying. All LOS. If you need more functionality there are a few options but I dont know if any are the "best." My personal feeling is that less is better. No, GPS, no IOC, no RTH, no extra switches to throw you off, less to worry about=less probability of failure. KISS. But I am somewhat limited in what I can offer. Guys like Kloner flying $100k rigs dangling an Epic flying 50mph over a body of water via pure FPV are just pushing the limits. And they have crawled before they walked. So that might be the best answer of them all.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Well, I have to say Wookong-M. Does everything you need plus a bit more. Easy to setup and reliable. Having asked many operators in the UK, Wookong is the most commonly used. I love mine!

Polymod

Well, I have to say Wookong-M. Does everything you need plus a bit more. Easy to setup and reliable. Having asked many operators in the UK, Wookong is the most commonly used. I love mine!

Only problem is to take the data from the iOSD, FC or telemetry so we can geotag the images for mapping.

Wookong M tested technology by most of use on the forum, DJI A2 new and maybe very good but until more pilot have been flying i will stick to the WKM.
DJI like to release software before it been fully tested by them selfs.