Best Batteries?

JG-rn

Btw if anyone needs practically brand new 4s 3300 batteries I have my hyperions for sale. I was going to use them for my f450 but quickly got bit by the disco bug and I wanted longer flight times since it weighs more I need bigger batteries. The hyperions have like 2 cycles on them. They're in the for sale forum.

Torque66

I had Genace and then bought some Zippy Compacts... the Zips performed the same and weigh less so i sold the Gens.

During a cartwheel incident a balance lead flung out and got chopped or crushed dunno but it smoked for a sec and had to be replaced.

Also got tired of always having to tuck in the balance leads when mounting... so now i put on a jst saver and tape them to the batt... better for charging as well.

Attachments

• Batts.jpg
    Batts.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 310

Lanzar

I haven't used the glacier lipos as they don't have what I'm looking for. I needed a 4500mah 4s 25-35c battery at a very low weight and certain dimensions.

I ended up ordering four batteries from TBS since I just ordered the disco frame, core, and tbs69 cam from them. I was looking at thunder pro packs but there was a question on if it would fit in the battery bay of the disco all the way up front. The tbs 4500 4s 30c battery fits this space exactly so I played it safe. They weren't cheap either, $95 each

THis is why we sell for disco frame the gensace which fits perfect and is a total match for it.
http://www.kopterworx.com/Batterries/lipo-4s-3800-gensace-/-TBS

Lanzar

Well if you compare gensace to zippy try 50 loads on both off them and i will ask you after you have done it. Zippy will drop to 70% storage after 50 loads and more, while gensace will almost stay the same.
We did the test on our bateries used only for when we go on a job to do some serious shooting. And we used 6x pair off zippy 5s 5800 and 6x pair 5800 gensace. We always put them to storage and we take care off them.
Zippy after 50 charges did only 3500 to 3800 mha and voltage droped to 3.3v per cell loaded.
Gensace still does 5000 to 5200 until voltage drops to 3.3v loaded ofc.

So this is why we switched to gensace. And they have a aluminum plate around them to protect them from hits and dents ++++ they also survive a crash.

homer911

From my research and the above comments I have decided to try the Gen Ace's. As mentioned above they are hard to find..... Do they do a 4s 6000mah or 8000mah? I can't even find a 5800mah in the UK. Any suppliers that people know????

Torque66

Oh... i must of got the uber Zippy Compacts... since i put near 200+ cycles on my 4S 4000/4500mah batts during the summer and they still all hold pretty near full charge.

Crack me up tho.... are you serious... $80 for one 4S 3800mah 25C battery... i only paid $30 for one 4S 4500mah 35C Zippy... and like i said above.

Oh... i must of got the uber Zippy Compacts... since i put near 200+ cycles on my 4S 4000/4500mah batts during the summer and they still all hold pretty near full charge.

+1

Out of 16 Zippy 4S 8000mah I have none is out of commission after 75+ charge cycles.

I have had two gens ace batteries fail in the last two months. They still did better than any of the nanotech batteries I ever had. I need some replacement 5s batteries and can;t find the Gens Ace in stock. Has anyone had luck with the 8000mah 5s nanotech? I am tempted to try a couple, but I hate the puffing I have always experienced. Anyone have any Gens Ace 5s 5300mah 30c they want to sell?

mitsaras

So this is why we switched to gensace. And they have a aluminum plate around them to protect them from hits and dents ++++ they also survive a crash.

I wish I'd known this before I tried to stop a falling 6S/10000mAh with my foot... OUCH!!!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I know I have seen somewhere a very good explanation of battery C rating and flight time but I cant find it , I think it was by Maxamps . Basically it said the higher the C rating to more overall deliverable power was available from the battery because the voltage drop across the cells is reduced. I am looking at trying a couple of Maxamps are they worth the investment?, anyone able to shed more light on it.

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I know I have seen somewhere a very good explanation of battery C rating and flight time but I cant find it , I think it was by Maxamps . Basically it said the higher the C rating to more overall deliverable power was available from the battery because the voltage drop across the cells is reduced. I am looking at trying a couple of Maxamps are they worth the investment?, anyone able to shed more light on it.

Dave

Dave there was a post from digitech (rcgroups) concerning maxamps that their C rating is not the real constant C rating but burst ! Thus bird with 40 A draw will be fine to a certain extend, but anything above will lead to the experience of a very fast voltage drop !

I have a 10000 Mah 4s which became my lipo for the ground-station, since the sandor posted the email response from maxamps which adressed his complaints and they stated that their c rating should be seen as a burst raiting since their lipos are mainly used for rc cars.

ah actually found it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23145360&postcount=1

Boris

Electro 2

Basically it said the higher the C rating to more overall deliverable power was available from the battery because the voltage drop across the cells is reduced. I am looking at trying a couple of Maxamps are they worth the investment?, anyone able to shed more light on it.

This is true. "C" rating is essentially a measure of the battery's source impedance. At a given current draw (in amperes), a lower R-sub-s results in less energy being converted to heat within the cell itself. Obviously not a good thing, this, but no battery has a real-world source impedance of zero, so this effect will aways be present to some degree. At really high currents, say 30 amps plus, this effect can be a major source of battery self heating. Not good. If the manufacturer's rating is accurate and not inflated as posted earlier, a higher "C" pack will result in more power being available to the load (the aircraft) and not self-consumed within the battery itself. This said, I have trouble believing some manufacturer's "C" ratings, as the math just doesn't work. There's no way they could be true for long-term loading, like an entire flight. "Burst", maybe. Given this I take them all with a very large grain of salt.