Best Batteries?

homer911

I have 2 zippy 4s 6000mAh batteries only with about 20 cycles on them. The balance plug wires on both of them have broken off from inside the battery. Anyone else had this?

I have been thinking of getting 2 Zippy 4s 8000mah batteries, but after this I am thinking differently. What batteries do you rate the highest?

Aviator

I have 2 zippy 4s 6000mAh batteries only with about 20 cycles on them. The balance plug wires on both of them have broken off from inside the battery. Anyone else had this?

I have been thinking of getting 2 Zippy 4s 8000mah batteries, but after this I am thinking differently. What batteries do you rate the highest?

Yeah the wires are too stiff, I think the newer one have silicone wires which are much better. Alternatively use Turnigy at a similar price they have silicone wires on the balance ports.
I soldered my zippy ones back on but after a while they will come off again, you could replace with silicone wires but its a little fiddly and requires cutting the top of the pack open, so if you are not confident doing this then dont bother as it could cause problems?

chopper

I have had good luck with Turnigy batteries. Great value. I tried the nano tech as well, but find that they tend to swell slightly with normal use, but i think the formulation for those has changed slightly since i last purchased mine.

Lanzar

both are in the category off hoby bats. try gensace and you will throw all other packs in trash.

JG-rn

Thunder power packs are supposed to be at the very top. They are VERY expensive though. Check out thunder power USA.

Fornthe next few days they are have a 25% off sale with a certain coupon on phone orders only. And free shipping.

Im ordering four 4s 5000mah 25c packs tomorrow. They go for $135 each but the 25% off brings it down to about $101

Bowley

Agree Gens Ace are pretty good, no probs with them, Turnigy..yeah I've have some of the wires come off, guess you have to be really carefull handling them.
Just got some Zippy 5000mah 4S, see how they go. looks like silicon wire on the balance port, very flexible anyway.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
had zippy turnigy nanotechs and maxamps, zippy are okay although they strongly seem to suffer in the cold. Turnigy nano techs very few that don't puff up after 10 to 20 cycles. Maxamps are great but crazily priced and the C rating seems to be misleading, have bean reports that they don't really perform when a lot of amp are sucked.

I am going for the gensace next !

Boris

maxwelltub

Yes, I agree with homer, Wow. I haven't heard to much about these batteries but I am super excited to try some. Just ordered two 6s. All the reviews I have read seem to be quite been positive. On top of that EP buddy seems to be a good company to buy from. Jg, have you tried these yet?

chopper

Gens ace are almost impossible to get.

There is another brand that is supposed to be VERY good and some of said they are the same as gens ace. They're called Glacier lipos.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22_23

Looked at the Glacier's just now. The pricing seems ok, but i would like to see more qualitative data. The verbiage on the site seemed subjective "Glacier 30C and 35C batteries outperform many 40C and 45C batteries in the market." and "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Longer cycle life", "[/FONT]cooler than most competitors labeled the same C rating".
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Also, the video was great, but thats typical Hard 3D flying. Rather than a hand-test and opinion on temperature, i was expecting that somebody would take a temperature reading. Are there any specifics listed anywhere, with the actual comparison data between the brands tested and graphic analysis of performance ratings? (here is an example [/FONT]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=725144 )

Turnigy Nanotech IMHO...... There has been a lot of talk in the Carbon Fiber, Nanotech, Graphene world that nanotechnology will revolutionize battery designs. Turnigy claims to use a LiCo nano-technology substrate complex and if so we can all reap the benefits of that. Also the newer LiPoly electrochemistries are evolving rapidly. I would avoid any battery that has to be charged at only 1C or 2C as that is older and less efficient/robust, lower energy density chemistry.

maxwelltub

I have one nano tech with ok results. But in doing a little battery research recently I see the term Nano-puff has become the preferred nomenclature for these Turnigy Batteries.

Lanzar

maxwelltub

AHHHHHHHH! I need a shed load of 8000mah 5 cells! What this shipping thing.. I wondered why HK had no zippy 8000mah 5 cell!

Any more info on this Lanzar?

Dave

I just got some Hyperion 6s, and I was surprised to see it was a split pack. A 4s and a 2s in one pack. It sucks because there is a lot more wiring going on and they seem way way out of balance. I bought these because I thought they were top end, but I feel like I just flushed a lot of money down the toilet. They give you two shorter leads to solder together to make the 4 and the 2s run in series. I seemed sketchy but I did it and I am now charging them for the first time. It could be unrelated but like I said the cells are all out of wack. They do this split cell as a loop hole and it blows. IMO

JG-rn

I haven't used the glacier lipos as they don't have what I'm looking for. I needed a 4500mah 4s 25-35c battery at a very low weight and certain dimensions.

I ended up ordering four batteries from TBS since I just ordered the disco frame, core, and tbs69 cam from them. I was looking at thunder pro packs but there was a question on if it would fit in the battery bay of the disco all the way up front. The tbs 4500 4s 30c battery fits this space exactly so I played it safe. They weren't cheap either, $95 each