Anyone made a pre-order on this yet

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Just an update on this, I am now a dealer for EagleTree systems. EagleTree systems has one of the best OSD/HUDs in the market if you ask me, I know of others on this forum that enjoys the amount of functions that is configurable to show as much or as little information as needed on the screen. Unlike many other types of OSD, you are stuck with as much information as they provide, most of which is not very accurate either.

I myself fly with the older EagleTree system with data logger, Altimeter, Guardian, GPS and OSD Pro. I am awaiting the release on the Vector flight controller myself and will probably secure a few of these, if you are interested in getting one, let me know.

I will try to keep this topic running with updates on release times and specifics on the weight and size of this new unit, prices at this time seem to be pointing to around $279.99! That is for the flight controller, OSD and GPS! There is no one that can't beat this... I am pretty excited to see this in action myself, you can probably tell... lol

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Probably will get one but not til they bring out at least V1.2 of the firmware, I will let the beta testers have a play first.

I have an EagleTree full house setup on my Penguin but it will be interesting to see how the quad side of things goes.

I have Naza V1/2 with Mini OSD and it is amazing how accurate the telemetry is but not configurable much.

Pete

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I just listened to a podcast yesterday with an interview of the guy from eagle tree (podcast was from December 2013). The focus was on all their products, but spent a lot of time on this new product. Definitely seems a great deal if it works as advertised. Something that seemed encouraging to me is that they mentioned some specific quad frame layouts that are not yet supported, leading me to believe they have tested with various configurations, and are only touting it's capabilities with the types they are confident with. Hopefully that means they've put it through its paces prior to release.

Looking forward to updates.

kloner

Aerial DP
we waited over a year to get these things..... took so long i lost interest. i'm gonna wait as well, what i saw in pre production didn't seem like they took stability seriously, thing was all over the place in a hover, etc. it did not have that refined tuned look, this was a couple months back, think it was there demo reel in the op's first post

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Probably will make a great product I am hoping, eagletree have had some good stuff, mainly for fixed wing so this is kinda interesting. One hell of a product for the price, but I am thinking of putting it on an F550 I have laying around, to see how it handles.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I ordered 12/15/13.
Ill be happy to see it by the end of this month.

Sounds like they have been working on the bugs, long delay on the original time frame I heard... Still, I would rather have a good operating unit then something with bugs.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
we waited over a year to get these things..... took so long i lost interest. i'm gonna wait as well, what i saw in pre production didn't seem like they took stability seriously, thing was all over the place in a hover, etc. it did not have that refined tuned look, this was a couple months back, think it was there demo reel in the op's first post

Now that I have i86, K5.5. KK2.0, KK2.1.5, CC3D, Naza Lite, several Naza V1's upgraded, not sure that I need a whole new setup to sort out just at the moment.