Anyone from Sydney Australia?

Rentakill

Nope- just suggesting based on the idea of in and around Olympic Pk. Open to other suggestions - any other places nearby without ranger danger?

Not having flown in the city, do you have heaps of problems with rangers ??? Olympic Park would be gr8 filming and flying. Now that the weather is warming up gr8 days out going to flying/filming sites. One of my must do's is the 3 sister's in the blue mountains.

A little vid from the flying at Picton the other day....

Last edited by a moderator:

AshCooper

Not having flown in the city, do you have heaps of problems with rangers ??? Olympic Park would be gr8 filming and flying. Now that the weather is warming up gr8 days out going to flying/filming sites. One of my must do's is the 3 sister's in the blue mountains.

I personally haven't had issues with rangers, but I tend to fly early or late during 'golden hour'. I don't tihnk it should be an issue at 9:30 ish - however if worst comes to worst they would likely tell us to bugger off... and off we would bugger to greener pastures.

Rentakill

I personally haven't had issues with rangers, but I tend to fly early or late during 'golden hour'. I don't tihnk it should be an issue at 9:30 ish - however if worst comes to worst they would likely tell us to bugger off... and off we would bugger to greener pastures.

The last time I was kicked off any premises was at the botanic gardens, It was during flight, so I tell the ranger no probs I'll just bring my bird down. By the time I land and start packing up, I have all these other rangers turning up and talking about my UAV and how good it would be for them and blah blah. It seems to be my only trouble when flying in public is having the onlookers. I don't blame them really, I'm amazed every time I fly my baby hehe.

ponk

hey fellas,

bought my Phantom 2 vision + a few weeks ago but with all the bad weather we have been having I've be reluctant to use it (with my noob skills). So yesterday the weather was fine and I took it out. WOW great fun and some nice videos. I took it out again this morning - I love this thing :).

From Sydney southish here.

cheers

AshCooper

hey fellas,

bought my Phantom 2 vision + a few weeks ago but with all the bad weather we have been having I've be reluctant to use it (with my noob skills). So yesterday the weather was fine and I took it out. WOW great fun and some nice videos. I took it out again this morning - I love this thing :).

From Sydney southish here.

cheers

Hey Ponk,
It's a nice little unit hey? I bought one as a grab and go and I like the way is just hangs when you take your thumbs off the controls. I was at Vaucluse last weekend flying off the cliffs there and got some great footage

AshCooper

Next Stop South Head

Hi y'all,
I'm going to South Head next Saturday morning for Sunrise. If you're anywhere in the North and you'd like to come, give me a shout and I can pick you up on the way. I'm in Thornleigh.
It'll be an early one. Sunrise is 5:27...

AshCooper

A beaut day for flying... Found a nice quiet spot in Parra Park near the river.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Parra.jpg
    Parra.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Dronie.jpg
    Dronie.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 232

min0nim

Looks like a good spot. Sorry I missed the South Heads action too.

I've got to say that I think these meet ups are great. The last time I met up with Fat Corgi was excellent - a bit of advice and another pair of eyes really helps getting the setup right. Internets are great an all, but there's nothing like meeting and talking in person. So a bit thanks to him.

I was up at Pearl Beach over the weekend. Bit windy sometimes, but I think I'm finally making some progress towards a stable setup.

Broke a few props trying to take off on a sloping beach...that'll teach me.

Here's a video link:

edit: this isn't graded at all, just run through iMovie...

Last edited by a moderator: