Anyone from Sydney Australia?

dazzab

I don't know the details but I'm pretty sure XAircraft have fly days down South. Check out their website of give Anthony a call if interested. I've seen some photos from a few of them and it looks like fun. I really hope I get the chance to drive up from Canberra and meet you all one day.

Rentakill

Hey,
Im new to multicopters and I was wondering if there is anyone in Sydney that has like a local meet or something, so I can get to know more about these multicopters.
Just so i learn more.

Good to see alot of Sydney people, I'm from Campbelltown. Haven't seen many flyers out this way yet :). Good idea with the page, the industry is new and can be very expensive. :livid:

min0nim

Hi guys, just checking in. Great to see a collection of Sydneysiders here.

I'll hit the Facebook page up too - hope to see you around.

min0nim

Under the radar, literally, in Leichhardt!

No, when I'm not just testing, I've usually been away from Sydney. But Sydney Park is good - wide open places. When its windy, people fly kites there so it's pretty aerial friendly. There's also a cricket field that's fenced, so it makes a good flight boundary. Some of the eastern beaches are also good, and can be really quiet.

NeRvD

Hi guys,

Just poking my head in here. Just moved to Sydney around the Rhodes area. I am yet to build a copter yet, still in the planning/information gathering phase.
All suggestions welcome.

good to see people still get outside in the big smoke :)

NeRvD

min0nim

Hey, Rhodes is probably a pretty good place to fly - with the Olympic park next door. You should have a few good wide open spaces out there?

AshCooper

Hey Rentakill,
North Head is a no-fly zone - acording to the Sydney VTC it's restricted airspace as it's a Helicopter and seaplane corridor. South head is not strictly restricted (hey that rhymes!) but it's near HMAS Watson - military types can be a bit senstitive about things flying in their vicinity. Something to keep in mind.

Better is Christison Park off Vaucluse. Sometimes windy, but you can get some great shots off the cliffs there. As long as you go early and avoid flying over walkers, then it's a great location.

Ash

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveH

Hi NeRvD,

Rhodes now we're cooking. Have to some space in or around Olympic Park we could play. Let's see if we can group happening there.

DaveH

min0nim

Ok, I'm up for it too. We should get a group photo into the Main General Discussion board.

Weather looks good on Sunday.

DaveH

I'm going to struggle to get there Sunday but keep me in the loop which is really disappointing. This is excellent. Just what I think is needed to start changing public perceptions. A bunch of pilots publicly having fun and behaving responsibly without the need for over regulation.

AshCooper

I'm going to struggle to get there Sunday but keep me in the loop which is really disappointing. This is excellent. Just what I think is needed to start changing public perceptions. A bunch of pilots publicly having fun and behaving responsibly without the need for over regulation.

Exactly.

OK - fellas what time Sunday? AM or PM?

min0nim

Morning has lighter wind generally.

Can someone cross post to the Norther Beaches Flyers group on Facebook? I can't access at the mo.

AshCooper

Another member of the Meetup group is coming as well - looking like this might be a nice little fly!
How is 9:30am for everyone?