Anyone from Sydney Australia?

Bruno28

Hey,
Im new to multicopters and I was wondering if there is anyone in Sydney that has like a local meet or something, so I can get to know more about these multicopters.
Just so i learn more.

Thanks

bigapple2008

Hey,

No, I am a absolute green hand. I like taking photos/video, so want to make a multicopter to carry the Go Pro. I found there are so many platforms(brands), don't know how to choose.

Bruno28

Hey,

No, I am a absolute green hand. I like taking photos/video, so want to make a multicopter to carry the Go Pro. I found there are so many platforms(brands), don't know how to choose.

Ive done a fair bit of research. If you just want to carry a GoPro, the 450 size works. The DJI seems well priced and good setup. The 550 which is a hexa is more stable, as more props per angle. The 550 can also carry a lot more weight.

BUt if you are like me, and want to build something from ground up, that would be cool. I want to make something capable of carrying a DSLR camera for video scenery footage. Something like CineStar 6 :)

DaveH

I'm in Five Dock. trying to gather a crowd and somewhere to cool to fly. Let me know what you are up to.

DaveH

Hey there, thanks for the info. Yep I've seen on the Blackouts (on youtube) they look like fun. Mine is a home built tri inspired by the David on Flite test. Up to the second variation with the APM board. Lot to get your head around and am thinking it would be a lot easier if there were a bunch of locals we could bounce off.

do you fly with anyone else?

Bruno28

Hey there, thanks for the info. Yep I've seen on the Blackouts (on youtube) they look like fun. Mine is a home built tri inspired by the David on Flite test. Up to the second variation with the APM board. Lot to get your head around and am thinking it would be a lot easier if there were a bunch of locals we could bounce off.

do you fly with anyone else?

Cool, i watch flight test too.
Quad i fly mostly alone, a friend i met on the FB page lives close and we both are building a 250 fpv, i fly sometimes helicopters with some friends.
I myself have build a X8/X4 multi rotor. have a look. (http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?12124-Building-my-own-Multicopter&p=113271#post113271)
But do go on the FB page, make questions and people do help, I'm also a bit new, but now i know a fair bit.
So if you would like we could sometime get a group in sydney to go fly and do something?

Bruno28

Hey Ben
I just built a 250 size fpv. I will try it out this weekend at the park next to the aquatic center at Allambie heights. Have you ever flown at those baseball fields?
Send me a msg so we can plan to meet

Fat Corgi

I'm in Gladesville, and am usually found flying a f550. Ive got a larger flat 8 on the workbench at the moment. Let me know if you're meeting up.

Bruno28

I'm in Gladesville, and am usually found flying a f550. Ive got a larger flat 8 on the workbench at the moment. Let me know if you're meeting up.

We will meet up Saturday at the field next to warringah aquatic center at Allambie heights. That is if it's not raining. My number is on post above. If you want to keep in touch on what time we will go.

Fat Corgi

Let me know if you're going. Weather might be a bit rough tomorrow. I'm working nights but will get the message if you PM me through this forum.

Bruno28

Let me know if you're going. Weather might be a bit rough tomorrow. I'm working nights but will get the message if you PM me through this forum.

yeah will do,
if it rains or very windy it won't happen.
Msg is easier as Pm might take long until you get to see it.

Fat Corgi

It was nice to meet you guys. Good to have other people to bump ideas off as well. Your workshop was awesome, and I'm very jealous of the space you got to muck around with all the projects. Keep me in the loop with regards to the arms for the dji stuff. Would be keen to test some of those out. Would have like to have seen your new little rig flying Bruno.
Speak soon.
Tommy
0417 608 282

Bruno28

It was nice to meet you guys. Good to have other people to bump ideas off as well. Your workshop was awesome, and I'm very jealous of the space you got to muck around with all the projects. Keep me in the loop with regards to the arms for the dji stuff. Would be keen to test some of those out. Would have like to have seen your new little rig flying Bruno.
Speak soon.
Tommy
0417 608 282
Was great meeting you all. Good to know there are great people with same interest so close around.
Shame it was so windy today!
Crazy to fly in such a tight space, good control!
I will have to try to maiden as soon as there is no wind.
Got your number so will let you know next time we are up there Tommy.

Fat Corgi

Hey Nutt,
Yeah it would be good to see more people. We're on the hunt for a more secluded place to fly on the weekend. Recommend anything around you?

How'd you go with the Goblin Bruno? Still smooth after 6 months? Maybe next time I'll bring out "Horus", my 700 AP ship.
Corgi.