Mikrokopter Any workarounds for shutter trigger on an 8 channel Tx?

ctbon

Maybe this has been addressed somewhere else on the forum. Apologies if it has. My issue is this:

I have a DX8 8 channel Tx. I just bought a shutter cable for my GH2. It plugs directly into the FC and allows me to trigger the shutter using this method.

The problem is I am using all 8 channels already.

1-4 copter control
5 altitude hold
6 GPS/Come home
7 easy fly
8 potentiometer for camera angle

Do I need a 12 channel Tx now?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Maybe this has been addressed somewhere else on the forum. Apologies if it has. My issue is this:

I have a DX8 8 channel Tx. I just bought a shutter cable for my GH2. It plugs directly into the FC and allows me to trigger the shutter using this method.

The problem is I am using all 8 channels already.

1-4 copter control
5 altitude hold
6 GPS/Come home
7 easy fly
8 potentiometer for camera angle

Do I need a 12 channel Tx now?

@CTbon how you doing.. happy new years.. How often do you use easyfly? I never use it so you could use that channel

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
If this isn't possible are there any recommendations for a >8 channel Tx?

If I were in the market right now for a radio to use with an MK I'd go with the Graupner MX-20 as a first choice with my current JR 11X as the second choice. Neither one is cheap, but more channels = more $, not much you can do about that...

Ken

ctbon

@Dave Thanks! Things are good. Happy New Year to you too (and everyone here at MRF). I am using easyfly a bit when I get disoriented. When I learn to fly FPV I don't think it will be necessary.

@Tomstoy2 I will look into that.

@RTRyder I was hoping to avoid spending $750+ right now :)

you can asign the same poti you are using for gps, is already a 3 position switch, to the alt too so you will have free -sw pos1 alt+hold position - sw pos2 and alt+coming home - sw pos3
so you have the channel 5 for triger your camera