Any One in US know who did this?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Just curious why you'd ask Dave? I don't know who did it but flying over active roads and zooming around over towns is generally a no-no.

BC

kloner

Aerial DP
man, that's a predator and dd gimbal.... dam

i thought yuri said you cant get away with anything in San Fran....... quite the contrair

Bartman

i'd guess someone who works at Genentech. It doesn't really sell Genentech that much so I couldn't see them paying for it. Having the access the person did though suggests they either work there or did the video for free as a way to build their resume.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks team for chipping In. What set up does everyone think it is?

I suspect it would be an employee but will check out the links.

More intel the better!

Dave

Bartman

I'd bet it was him. He has some type of post stabilization that has a unique look about it, and this matches that pretty well.

the video did remind me of the santa monica video and the pilot's general disregard for public areas and private property.

granted, it's hard to resist flying in areas where you think there's a great shot or sequence hiding but if we are to remain free to do what we do then we absolutely have to police ourselves and not be a hazard for the general public.

tstrike

pendejo grande
i'd guess someone who works at Genentech. It doesn't really sell Genentech that much so I couldn't see them paying for it. Having the access the person did though suggests they either work there or did the video for free as a way to build their resume.

It's not to sell Genentec to us, it's a recruiting vid to convince young grads that it's a fun place with a campus like setting, healthy lifestyles, and look, we even do bunnyhop fridays and taco tuesdays in the cafeteria! Sure looks like Macintosh's style, regardless, it was awesome!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have to say, as against flying over people as I am, this seemed pretty safe. There were very few people and not a lot going on at the time for the most part. I'm not promoting this type of flying since it would be an issue if everyone did it but the pilot clearly has control and was not flying like a madman over tons of unsuspecting people.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
MMmm its still a tad riskay IMO and not that professional as the airframe is in shot time and time again.. anyhow just wondered if the pilot was on here or known by anyone on here.. the more I look at it the more I am thinking employee doing a boss a favour.. BTW looking at other vids on there what is an internship? is it where you work for nowt funded by your parents to get work experience?

Dave

Kilby

MMmm its still a tad riskay IMO and not that professional as the airframe is in shot time and time again.. anyhow just wondered if the pilot was on here or known by anyone on here.. the more I look at it the more I am thinking employee doing a boss a favour.. BTW looking at other vids on there what is an internship? is it where you work for nowt funded by your parents to get work experience?

Dave

Some interns are paid, but most are not. I usually take a software development intern every summer. This will be the first year that I haven't in a little while. The one that worked for me last year is interning for IBM this year and making very good money doing so. He is really a bright kid though and will no doubt go far in life.

Bartman

wasn't so much commenting on flying over people as I was over communities and active roadways. i didn't see much flying being done over crowds of people.

it isn't hard to imagine a driver being distracted by the heli and clipping a parked car or oncoming traffic.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
OK Kilby cheers for the info..

@ Bart as it seems to be a internal campus I guess they did there own RA and deemed it to be a safe environment to do what they did.. I am interested because a competitor is asking me what I can do to get one over on it!

Dave

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Dave, shouldnt be hard. There is this Chinese company out there that makes this RTF quad, it's white, forget the name. Supposedly it will lift a gopro and talks to space. So i think you just tell the GPS aliens where you want to fly and it does it for you. You dont even have to know how to fly!