Any good ARF FPV's ?

Rick~K

Free Bird
I would like a really good FPV with goggles, Tx, and camera ( would like a really good one, something like maybe a gopro) thats ready to mount. I'd like to pass on the lower end that I'm want to replace right away. But something kind of middle of the road that is maybe @ 700.00 if that can be done. Or a ARF that has anything other than B/W camera. I'm not worried about on screen telemetry, and I'd like to use the same camera for FPV and record at the same time. I know you guys have already been through lots of the stuff out there and I'd like to get something I'd be happy with from the start.

Thanks Everyone!

also I have nothing now for FPV, just a key fob spy cam...lol (got'a start some where)

Tahoe Ed

I have run a GoPro through an Immersion 5.8gHz 600mw Tx to an EagleTree OSD Pro/eLogger with GPS to an EagleEye antenna tracker with a patch antenna and a BlueBeam clover leaf antenna. I have Vuzix 920's mounted in some Ski Goggles. What you are asking for does not exist. You need to put it together your self.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
You need to put it together your self.
Thats one hell of a set up there ED..

I just go in to it about a month ago to be able to frame shots and just fly my F450. I bought a ready to go system from FPV in the UK. Got to say I am made up with the out of the box performance. Its goof for 6 to 700 meters which for me is way to far as in the UK we are restricted to line of site and a spotter up to 400m from home.

My set up

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_bundle_info&cPath=55_57&products_id=397

Hope this helps

Dave

Rick~K

Free Bird
What frequency should I be looking to use? I'm using a Spektrum DX8 and I was wondering about interference. Thanks!

Tahoe Ed

You can use 900 mHz, 1.3 or 5.8gHz. I would not recommend using 2.4gHz. Some do and I have done so for my data link on my MK. There has been some concern about the lower frequencies, but I have not had an issue with 900mHz and I have friends that fly with 1.3gHz without problems. The lower the frequency the larger the patch antenna, if you use one. Here is a site that has some info that you may be interested in: http://fpvlab.com/forums/forum.php

Rick~K

Free Bird
How does this ready to go setup look to you guys? and If I were piecing it together what components would you substitute?
Thanks! Rick

• RMRC-700XV camera (ReadyMadeRC)
  • FatShark 5.8GHz Dominator goggles
  • ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz transmitter
  • Bluebeam Whip antenna set (critical for good performance of a 5.8Ghz system)

wbal57

I have the FatShark RCV922 and their 100mw transmitter with the Clover leaf skew planar antenna combo and so far have had no problems.

kloner

Aerial DP
I fly the list your asking about. It is awesome, but doesn't do anything but line of site as in it'll make alot of interference down low through trees and buildings. 5.8 would be my prefrence with 2.4, it'll go further than your radio will let you, about 2200 feet and zero interference. You'll get a blink going straight over head with any cp setup..... super wide bandwidth for a killer picture, stereo audio if you wanted it. RMRC just released a 1.3 system there really bragging about. if i wanted something other than 5.8 today, would be the one to try.

heres what it's like on a monitor, same deal on the goggles, picture to me looks the same

If it were mine, i'd swap out the camera you chose for a hero2 and a polarized filter and fly off the live feed. great picture, makes some fun recordings. the vtx you chose is really really hard to get. A new batch is suppose to hit the shelves soon. if you go to these sites and hit "email when back in stock" is the best way, and then, you got hours to grab one. Was just reading a post from the owner, he had no idea his stuff was in such demand....... dunno how, it can't stay in stock more than a day anywhere for at least the last 6 months now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick~K

Free Bird
Thanks for all the tips and videos.

If I were to collect everything I needed what would be some of the components models and brands to use for a maybe not top of the line but good quality and upper end stuff. I'm thinking it may be easier to collect everything I need.
thanks for everyone's help.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Thanks for all the tips and videos.

If I were to collect everything I needed what would be some of the components models and brands to use for a maybe not top of the line but good quality and upper end stuff. I'm thinking it may be easier to collect everything I need.
thanks for everyone's help.

If you already have a GoPro you can just get this part of your list along with a video out cable for the GoPro...

FatShark 5.8GHz Dominator goggles
ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz transmitter
Bluebeam Whip antenna set

I use this setup with a Remzibi OSD and a GoPro recording and also doing duty as the FPV cam on my MK FPV quad and it works super. Got a few really good flights in yesterday after it went down a week prior smashing the frame into scrap. Spent most of the week rebuilding and was back in the air Sunday morning with a mostly new frame and the same electronics all working flawlessly.

I also have the GoPro on a tilt only gimbal so I can look anywhere from a little bit upeard to straight downward, gives the flight a bit more interest when you can "look around" while in the air. When I want to pan I just use the rudder stick to turn, I almost find it boring when I fly the F450 FPV quad and have no OSD or camera tilt!

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
all my gear came from Tim at Readymade. fastest shippers i've ever had, one time i got all the wrong stuff, the right stuff was here before i even sent back the wrong stuff. he's real, but always out of stock on something you want.

the helicals he has are nice for a ground station. IBcrazy runs 2 helicals, 3 and 5 turn, no tracking and talks about flying 8 miles, 1 mile behind it, 3 miles to the sides

Rick~K

Free Bird
I just ordered:
RMRC-540 OSD Camera / 540-Line CCD (NTSC)
Low Pass Filter for 1.3GHz Antennas
1500mW 1300MHz Transmitter - NEW CUSTOM READYMADERC INTL VERSION
900MHz-1.3Ghz Receiver SAW w/1258 Custom RMRC Version with RX Antenna - 1.2-1.3GHz Whip
2-RMRC 1100mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack
Transmitter Cable (Large Plug)
I'll have to get the Dominator goggles and clover leaf antenna's when they come in, and I like the
BiQuad antenna with the EagleEyes FPV Station with a 2nd Rx.

Thanks for all your help!

kloner

Aerial DP
the antenas you bought are horizontal or vertical polarized as in straight up on both or to the side on both. the bi-quad works with the same polarization. the cloverleafs are circular polarized. when you talk patch antennas to match that your talking crosshair, helical or another cloverleaf. Circular polarized is where it's at...............