Ahoy there shipmates!

pasty

Hi Guys and Gals

Steve from Sunny Cornwall UK here, I've had this forum bookmarked for a while and thought it time I jump in and get involved.

I fly a number of frames (quads, hexa's, Y6's), all designed and built by myself (I'm a lucky cnc owner) with various flight control boards ranging from the humble KK to the more recent Wookong M.

I love general sports flying, FPV, video/photography and I'll be going professional with aerial (and submersible) survey work in the new year.

I also run a model assembly service for people who love to fly but for whatever reason cant manage the building side of things.

I look forward chatting with you.

Now its workshop time to cut a new frame, landing legs and camera cradle for the Wookong M.

Cheers

Steve

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Yes, welcome along. You've just missed 2 great meets, but there should be more soon!

Gunter.

pasty

Hi Gunter

I'm waaaaaayyyy down in the far south west of cornwall... the most southerly point of the UK in fact so getting up country is quite a mission and with fuel prices as they are pretty expensive too. I do get out once in a while tho :)

Steve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Steve and welcom to MRF..

It would be nice to see some pics of your builds. Do you do custom cnc cutting..?

Dave

pasty

Hi Dave

I'll try and sort some pics, yeah I can do custom cnc cutting if anyone needs something. My cnc is currently playing up a little and losing some steps so its accuracy is a little off but I have a new improved larger version arriving next weekend.

After christmas I'll be in partnership with a friend running a fully equipped workshop with laser cnc, cnc mill, cnc lathe, vac former etc so we'll be able to cut/create anything your minds can come up with :)

Steve

pasty

Hi Bowley

We're designing and building our own submersible, 2 men in a shed can achieve alot! with the right tools of course ;)

pasty

Quick questions guys

I've posted a couple of threads now, both to share some of my multi videos and I get a message saying they need to be approved by a moderator? Whats all that about? I've never had that on any other forum.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I ave just been on one of the threads and inserted the video frames.. no idea why the message was received

Dave

pasty

aaahhh it may have been that I didnt insert the video links using the video link button thingy, I'll try again with the insert link thingy.

thanks guys

pasty

Yep it was because I hadn't link the youtube links using the video link, a got a couple of my vids up in the fpv section now. :)

Bowley

Hi Steve, Do you live near Helston, I spent seven yrs there, great place, live far from there now.
would be interested to hear how you get on with your self build ROV.

Cheers

Steve

pasty

Hi Steve

Yup helston is my nearest down, In at st.keverne at the lizard peninsula.

Yeah scotland couldn't be further away in the UK :D... an equally nice part of the country tho. were you stationed at culdrose?

cheers

steve

Bowley

My Dad was and I went there occasionally with flight detachments, never got stationed there permanently myself. I was up at Prestwick with 819 sqdn for most of my time.
Are you at Culdrose?

Bowley

A bone fide Kernow native then!! The lizard peninsular surely is one special place, cycled down the Lizard a few times as a nipper and I remember my school trip to Goonhilly Earth Station. also had some great times down in Cornwall at weekends when I was based at Portsmouth.

Like your FPV clips. thats something I'm trying to get to grips with usually resulting in orders to quadcopter.co.uk.